• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proof Ash Isn't 10!

Years
    Bro, what are you talking about? If a year passes, a birthday would occur. What I'm obviously saying is that the writers ignore this and instead keep him 10. He only had to be traveling for about 2 months for a birthday to occur, but they don't acknowledge it and just keep him 10.
    The key word here is 'would'. A birthday would occur in real-life. The thing is, this is not real-life. If this was real-life most of the things in this crazy franchise wouldn't even be plausible. Why do you suspect that a cartoon is bound to the limitations of the real world?

Are you a writer for the Pokemon anime? No? Too bad, you don't get to decide if a birthday would occur or not.

Last edited:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I've learned by now, never think about age in this series, it only makes your head feel like its going to explode when you do. Just let it go, try not to think about it muchXD

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    So? Hasn't Family Guy been on for like 10 years and every few episodes or so they mention "years later" like when Stewie kills Lois how they mention that 2 years pass. Yet Stewie is always a baby, Meg is still a teen girl, Chris is always a teenager, Brian should be like near-dead by now, etc.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    There isn't any logic in the Pokemon Anime...
    I think BW is a kind of "return to zero", Ash seems less mature than before. He looks even younger, physically and mentally (but that it's just my opinion).
    Everything changes in that new region, so, it's a new beginning for Ash. Right, he had already travelled before, but it doesn't matter for producers, in my view, the adventure restart, everything has to be discovered, television-viewers mustn't take care of the other seasons, so the age of the heroe can be 10.
    Unfortunately, for Pokemon fans who watch the anime since their childhood, it's really disturbing. But now producers are interested in a younger audience...

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    The anime is not something you would take seriously lol, 99% of what happens is gone in the next arc and will never matter again. (That 1% being Pikachu and the minor)

Unova:

Ash 'sends' his pokemon to Oak, 90% of them are now erased from the universe.

Ash is 10 and starts his journey with Pikachu.

Pikachu somehow loses all his powers because of stupid-ass reasons. Usually Pikachu just turns into a piece of turd every new region but at least they had a reason why now.

Ash and Pikachu are probably the most experienced trainers on the face of the earth, but he loses to someone who never touch a Pokemon before because apparently the anime wants to make the long time watchers rip their things off.

In the interest of time..

Ash forgets how to catch a Pokemon and runs after a freaking Snivy like a vietcong.

In the future after showing you sh**tons of fillers and when unova is old news and Ruby Sap Remakes are out..

Ash gets 8 badges, beats Team Plasma's ass.

Joins the regional league, beats rival.. Rival turns friendly towards Ash.. Ash loses in semi-final.

Repeat

So? Hasn't Family Guy been on for like 10 years and every few episodes or so they mention "years later" like when Stewie kills Lois how they mention that 2 years pass. Yet Stewie is always a baby, Meg is still a teen girl, Chris is always a teenager, Brian should be like near-dead by now, etc.

'Stewie kill Lois' never happened, Stewie was simulating what would happen if he went to kill her.

Never-age is reasonable in Family Guy, it's a random comedy after all. When Pokemon get constant flashbacks and jokes about everything then maybe it would be a reason they should deserve immortality. Because right now, the creators of the anime are too scared to make something fresh.. They are scared of losing their audience and popularity if Ash and Pikachu are gone, and if they want to keep em they have make Ash start out 10 again, clueless about Pokemon, Pikachu weaker, and so much more.

Last edited:

PL50

I hate legendaries
    Years
    ugh...ash...he never ages...while all of his friends DO age...ASH WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?! :D
    But yeah your logic does make sense...but they say their removing him from the series when Best wishes ends X:

Years
    The anime is not something you would take seriously lol, 99% of what happens is gone in the next arc and will never matter again. (That 1% being Pikachu and the minor)

Unova:

Ash 'sends' his pokemon to Oak, 90% of them are now erased from the universe.

Ash is 10 and starts his journey with Pikachu.

Pikachu somehow loses all his powers because of stupid-ass reasons. Usually Pikachu just turns into a piece of turd every new region but at least they had a reason why now.

Ash and Pikachu are probably the most experienced trainers on the face of the earth, but he loses to someone who never touch a Pokemon before because apparently the anime wants to make the long time watchers rip their things off.

In the interest of time..

Ash forgets how to catch a Pokemon and runs after a freaking Snivy like a vietcong.

In the future after showing you sh**tons of fillers and when unova is old news and Ruby Sap Remakes are out..

Ash gets 8 badges, beats Team Plasma's ass.

Joins the regional league, beats rival.. Rival turns friendly towards Ash.. Ash loses in semi-final.

Repeat

'Stewie kill Lois' never happened, Stewie was simulating what would happen if he went to kill her.

Never-age is reasonable in Family Guy, it's a random comedy after all. When Pokemon get constant flashbacks and jokes about everything then maybe it would be a reason they should deserve immortality. Because right now, the creators of the anime are too scared to make something fresh.. They are scared of losing their audience and popularity if Ash and Pikachu are gone, and if they want to keep em they have make Ash start out 10 again, clueless about Pokemon, Pikachu weaker, and so much more.
    Pokemon is being a troll to me....
    C'mon--4 regions, conquered by Ash and sucked up in Unova?
    HELL...

ugh...ash...he never ages...while all of his friends DO age...ASH WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?! :D
    But yeah your logic does make sense...but they say their removing him from the series when Best wishes ends X:
    Maybe Ash is an alien or her mother adopted her in the non-aging kids center?
    Good thing Ash gets the boot in the end of Best PHISHES.
    WHo should be next??

I'll say, 5 regions...
    Let's make it like Asia, NA, SA, Africa, Europe like!

EX.
    North America - Kanto Jotho Hoenn Sinnoh Unova
    Asia - Some new regions
    SA- New
    Afr - new
    Eu - new....

Well?

Years
    Maybe Ash is an alien or her mother adopted her in the non-aging kids center?
    Good thing Ash gets the boot in the end of Best PHISHES.
    WHo should be next??

I'll say, 5 regions...
    Let's make it like Asia, NA, SA, Africa, Europe like!

EX.
    North America - Kanto Jotho Hoenn Sinnoh Unova
    Asia - Some new regions
    SA- New
    Afr - new
    Eu - new....

Well?
    We don't know if Ash is getting the boot or not. It's more than likely that he'll stay.

The biggest problem with your theory is that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are based off regions of Japan while Unova is based of New York City.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Why should random flashbacks and jokes be the cornerstone for not aging? That's a pretty random formula to pick; there are plenty of shows where the characters don't age at all and only Family Guy (maybe the other ones that are exactly like it?) has that formula going for it. You only picked that because you know Pokemon doesn't fit your oddly specific criteria; when in reality, not aging is reasonable in any cartoon because it's a cartoon.

It's funny to hear realism arguments for shows like this. You want realism? Watch a show with no magical creatures fighting to save the world from evil with young children, lol. Watch Law and Order or a cop show or something. Pokemon is not realistic, and you just have to go with the flow. I think a lot of people annoyed about this would get by a lot better if they just pretended the person wasn't named Ash when they watched. It might as well be a new kid anyway.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    It's so obvious what's happening. Ash has clones and they always are ten when he starts a new adventure. That's why he's always such a n00b at the beginning of each series.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    The writers must still be thinking of the Pokémon 4 Ever movie and think that Ash is time traveling :p

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    In the third Pokemon Movie, the one with Entei, There is a Pikachu short in th beggening. At the end of the short Ash mentions it's the anniversery of the day he got Pikachu. That means it's been atleast one year since he got Pikachu.

I was going to point this out too. The new anime just disappoints me more and more. I know Ash isn't 10! When I complained about his voice, people told me it was puberty. I accepted that as voices change with age. But if he's still 10, how the hell did his voice change!? How did they mention anniversaries and years without thinking of his age? I'm also sure somewhere in the hundreds of episodes, they've mentioned his age being older at least once. Not 100% positive but I think I remember something about him being AT LEAST 11!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I just wish they would kick Ash off the show. I hate his voice now >_<. Why did they not just ditch him in Johto and go on and use Jimmy and then use Brendan in Hoenn I think the anime would be a lot better like that.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    They should have ended the show in Johto with Ash being a pokemon master instead of carry on the show on and on.

Ash new voice sucks now and he isn't as cool as he used to be,he should be 18 years old now.

Years
    I was going to point this out too. The new anime just disappoints me more and more. I know Ash isn't 10!
    Just be aware that you're also denying a indisputable fact.

When I complained about his voice, people told me it was puberty. I accepted that as voices change with age. But if he's still 10, how the hell did his voice change!?
    Many reasons, actually. It has to do with things like money, contracts, and the company currently dubbing the show.

How did they mention anniversaries and years without thinking of his age?
    Who's to say they weren't thinking of his age? Take a look at this excerpt from an interview with the current storyboard artist and previous director of the Pokemon anime.

Masamitsu Hidaka said:
    Now an overall question about the show. Will Ash ever become a Pokemon Master? He laughed and fell back on the couch. He blatantly said that when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, the show will end. It will be the last episode. Going back to my first interview, I did not mention that he stated the show was cyclical because it could be the audience is constantly replaced (since children get older and leave, and new children come in), so they are allowed to get away with having the same repetitive goal. So, the show would probably continue the same way collect badges, travel through different regions, never age. Will Ash and Pikachu ever be replaced? No. Will they ever age? No. Will there be a 5th generation of Pokemon and will the show keep continuing? He laughed even harder and said of course. Pokemon will continue for many generations to come, and as he made it sound, probably forever.
    Source

I'm also sure somewhere in the hundreds of episodes, they've mentioned his age being older at least once. Not 100% positive but I think I remember something about him being AT LEAST 11!
    I'm 100% positive that's never happened. If it has someone would've brought it up the moment Ash was confirmed 10 in BW.

Years

It's still that Pikachu short everyone's been talking about.
    They just don't wanna accept the fact that it's not exactly canon.
    To be fair, there's nothing saying it isn't canon and there are also plenty of times in the series where they've said years have passed. The big problem here is that people are expecting a cartoon about magical plants, animals, and objects to be bound by the limitations of the real world.

Back