• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen PROPAR GRAMER HURHUR.

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I've noticed a lot of the time on Wi-Fi, or just with my friends that people tend to name pokemon properly, but don't give them actual nicknames, such as:
    GARDEVOIR becomes Gardevoir
    SNORUNT becomes Snorunt

Now, i wonder, do any of you do this? I know I do, I can't think why but, meh. I guess it looks prettier, but if you do do this, is it because of a habit or do you want a gleaming Wi-Fi reputation?
    Let me know! I'm all ears.

The Red Chain

Only the CAPITAL names.. I gotta tell you, looking at all those capitals kills my eyes.. I wish my friends were like yours. >>
    But no, I've never done that since I just give an entirely different name. XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm exactly like that to me, writing in capitals looks neater and I've been doing it in real life since the 3rd grade. I always get complements on my handwriting. But either way I nickname my Pokemon and just leave it in capitals because I'm too lazy to change it

:t354:TG

Years
  • I have nicknamed my Pokémon before.
    When I do, they go into "PROPAR GRAMER HURHUR" mode. Only the first letter of each word (If it is more than one) is capitalized.
    If I don't nickname it, I don't. So it's either a unique name with good grammar, or it's the original name with all caps.

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
    Years
  • I used to do that a lot in my Emerald. Say I caught an Electrike. I would re-nickname it from ELECTRIKE to Manectric so I wouldn't have to change the name once it evolved. :3

Im too lazy now. I don't even nickname any Pokemon anymore.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I used to nickname in all caps until the 4th generation, where lower case looks fine on a larger screen. It bothers me seeing "Gardevoir" or whatever on wifi though, as the game names the pokemon in all caps. :0

Trainer Vincent

In the Flesh.
    Years
  • I never used to nickname my Pokemon, I would just keep it as their Pokemon name. But now, I tend to actually give them nicknames, and only the first letter I capitalize. It looks better to me, but is kind of annoying when all the other Pokemon are in CAPS. However, I go with what looks best.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • Urk, I see the same thing with names like 'ASH'
    oh gosh it hurts.

Yes, I do care for grammar. But grammar or not,
    the capitals look disgusting. Especially since D/P's edited
    so most of the names are lowercase, like your pokedex rival's name
    is either Lucas or Dawn not LUCAS! or DAWN!!!!!!!!

Turn down the capitals people! It's like you're all on Cheez Whiz.
    Too much personality
    :(

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • Most of the time I will. All caps looks so bad on the battle screen. I prefer to nickname mine, anyway, and then have only one capital at the beginning of the words

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I tend to give them nicknames. i don't really have a good idea of a nickname.. usually nickname by pokedex entry or move / abilty mix (example is i nicknamed kyogre Drizzard, mix of Drizzle and Blizzard) sometimes i just edit the pokemon's name, as i plan to do with roserade - Rose Blade (roserade sounds somewhat close to rose blade for me...)

Yeah, i do have suckish nicknames, but i like 'em!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I always give them nicknames if I can. And when I do, it's always in Proper Case, not UPPER CASE.

The exception is my Wobbuffet, whose name is "LOL I UBER." XD

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • When I was small, I used to always pick SQUIRTLE in Blue, so I would always call him Blastoise, so that I wouldn't have to change it every time it evolved! I was a smart little 6 year old! xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I don't nickname my Pokemon like Espeon, Magikarp etc, but I do nickname all my Pokemon, and use propar grammar. I just dislike names in all caps. XD

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I used to always do that XD Well not with the Pokemon names, but rather my trainer name I made correctly capitalized. But in Platinum my name is ROY and my rival MARTH just because, haha. I think they originally did that so that your name or Pokemon names stand out against other words in the game, yet instead of capitalizing maybe they could just..bold them.

Years
  • My first file in Pearl, i didn't know and so i named my character ''EOIN'', after myself. I then realised that i should have called my character ''Eoin''. Well, I've had two files since, but unfortunately my legit Manaphy's OT is ''EOIN''. It just looks so damn WRONG....

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    I usaully never let them keep their names like that...for example my gengar's nickname is Cleopatra and my dunsparce's is Evangelion : D strange but....better than just a GENGAR and a DUNSPARCE.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I always nickname my Pokémon
    And in the proper case.

I think having it all in Caps is Obtrusive, and i've been using Proper case even from the first gen.
    Just looks better, Imo.

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    I've seen people do that. Like a Gyarados named Gyarados, not GYARADOS. I leave it all CAPS, as I don't really like nicknames, even if you are turning some letters lowercase. What I really can't stand is naming your Zapdos "Zappy!1!!1"

Back