• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pros and Cons Discussion Thread

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
  • I've seen a lot of people here talk about what they like in B/W, but what about the things you hate about the games, what don't you like about B/W that dissapoints you or makes you mad? Or what do you like and favor about the games?

For me, it's the fact that Zorua and Zoroark are event only and you cannot obtain them at all in game, even from an egg given to you, despite not being legendaries at all, that's the thing I hate the most about B/W. I also dislike the Pokemon Musical, as it is nothing more than a Super Contest without the third part that plays out like the Contests in R/S/E.

What do you see as the pros and cons of B/W?

NOTE: This is not a topic to hate on the new Pokemon, this is a topic to discuss what features in the game you dislike and/or like, not a "I hate Pokemon X because it looks stupid" thread, In other words, this is about the game in general, not what individual Pokemon you hate/like simply because of what it looks like.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I hate everything about this game! it makes me wanna give up Pokemon

I hate nothing I love every aspect of the game, and there's still more to come.

If you have Wifi you pretty much will have the Crown beasts.

abood321

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I hate the fact that there isn't dark gym in the game, maybe because they are too evil to have a gym I hope there will be dark elite four

Years
  • As long as I haven't played it, I won't judge anything else than Pokemon designs. And I like most of these so far.
    EDIT: note that I posted this BEFORE I saw the rest of the Pokedex, turns out not everything is as awesome as Smugleaf and Denchura. Yeah, I am that naive

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I hate the fact that when isshu was said to be NY everyone was like..OH MY GOD YES THEY CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT OUT US. like who cares ?

Part from that..the pokemon gear.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Some of the new Pokemon. They just look really off. I mean, I've always said don't judge a book by its cover, but still, Candle Pokemon?

Also, unbreakable TMs. They're just making the games easier and easier these days. Having said that, TMs could be really rare, in which case this feature would be cool. But we'll see.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Meh, don't really hate much of Black/White, fully support it's 40/40 rating. The one thing I might not approve of is some Pokémon's designs, but let's be fair, each Gen has it's own props and slops.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    The Pokemon. I hate them. I counted how many I actually like. I liked 22/156.

I know I'm being awfully negative now. But I'm disappointed. ='( I feel like crying.

I do know I reacted similarly to Generation 4 and it took me a year to like to them. But Gen 4 wasn't nearly as bad as this....

I guess time will tell if I develop a taste for them or not. ='(

PokemonMaster97

"The King Of The Flying Types"
    Years
  • The list:

1. The starters, ANOTHER Fighting and the rest being single typed
    2. The choice of Legendaries, The look awful!
    3. The fact that there are no Pokemon that evolve from a Pokemon, which is from another region and vice verser.
    3. The first gym being a 3 tye one. Completely spoiles the saga of Pokemon gyms.
    4. The Pokemon are based upon to many Human made things, i.e. Coffin, Hangin light bulb, Cogs (Need I go on...)
    5. Coz its got to many NEW 2 type Pokemon (Was Game Freak abit Doolalee when They made a Ground/Electric Type FISH???!!!!!)

The Good parts...
    There are lots of 3 evo Pokemon. Thats it...

My opinion is that the people who pre-ordered the game in Japan, before they even relesed the Pokedex, are pretty gutted and if this game makes more money than HG/SS Or DPP, then i'll eat my DS, Without ketchup!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Hmmm.......the only things I hate about B/W are Pokbu's evos being Fire/Fighting, and 5 certain fighting types, as well as replacing the Pokéthlon with the Pokémon musical.
    Don't get me wrong, I love fighting types and Pokabu's evo's designs, but meh.
    Oh yeah, the vultures, those two are ugly.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    come follow me? i don't think so Mr. Tamada
    that and some of the pokemon.... ok a lot... are just lame- i guess i'll get used to them

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I hate about 90% of the Pokemon in it, most of them look like they where designed by a 5 year old, there are a few good ones, but not enough for me to be happy to sit through a game with them in, I was hoping they would have gone back to the more simple designs of the 1st and 2nd generations, those Pokemon look like they could actually be real creatures, now they are trying too hard to have the Pokemon look "cool"...needless to say it didn't work.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Dislike... nuthin!!!! :P the games are just perfect, i just cant w8 to test out all the ew features. Some of the pokemon may look shi**y but some are pretty neat.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Pokemon just lost alot of its buyers... I just can't say how let down I am... New York setting is the only thing besides the storyline I liked... Everything else can go away... Someone hacks B/W and replaces these god awful looking piles of garbage (literally) with older Pokemon and I'll play that...

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • There's nothing to hate at the minute, since I haven't even given the game a try; there are so many new features from the previous generations that noone can really say that they hate much about the game yet except for the Pokemon designs. Speaking of which, so far, the Pokemon designs look awesome, I want to use half of the new Pokemon since they have such interesting designs, many of which are inspired by western creatures to fit alongside the area on which Isshu is based.

Forget the rose tinted glasses with the old design teams, I think Game Freak struck gold this time. In with the new!

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • The lack of a Dark-Type Gym or a Poison-Type Gym is a little disappointing. Also, the Starters remain mono Typed for all of their evolutions... Except for Pokabu's final Evo, and OF COURSE that had to be a Fighting-Type. Other than that, I really like this Generation.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    The legendary roamers. They just really confuse me... They are part fighting and are on four legs!? So random...
    Entei/Raikou/Suicune were runners on four legs. Hitmontop stood on its head.

Pokemon just lost alot of its buyers... I just can't say how let down I am... New York setting is the only thing besides the storyline I liked... Everything else can go away... Someone hacks B/W and replaces these god awful looking piles of garbage (literally) with older Pokemon and I'll play that...
    Besides the fact that you're overreacting and nostalgiaing to the max, I can't help but admit I chuckled a little at your claim that people aren't going to buy it. The huge number of preorders so far disagrees with you, and I'm willing to bet you'll buy the game anyway.

Also, about the word literally- you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means. Unless you're talking about Yabukuron and Dasutodasu, who are pretty cool guys in my book.

The only things that disappoint me are the starter final typings and that Mamanbou is apparently not related to Luvdisc.

Back