• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Protag VS Protag!

Which Pair?

• Hilbert & Hilda

Votes: 44 73.3%
  • Nate & Rosa

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Hilbert and Hilda. These two look like modern, simplistic yet interesting designs of American kids. The BW2 protagonists are awkward and over-designed, for me. I don't like the visors they wear.

Hilbert has a simplistic design. Cap, jacket, jeans. No complaints here.
    Spoiler:

Let's be real here, I've worn shorts that short in public before. Some are cut so short that the white pockets stick out from underneath. I think that's what the designers were going for, anyway. It's cool, and it's trending in this age group anyway. I like her jacket, boots and her ponytail.
    Spoiler:

What's the wetsuit Nate is wearing underneath? The visor isn't doing him any favors, and it's making his hair look like a palm tree.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I don't know why, but it seems to be stuck in my mind that Hilbert and Hilda (and Bianca and Cheren) are supposed to be in their late teens (during the events of BW)...what with "finding what kind of adult you're going to be" being a big theme throughout Bianca and Cheren's character development.

This is exactly what made me like the BW pair though. Myself being considerably older than the average Pokémon fan, I was 23 when BW came out, so the more mature themes in the game compared to previous titles felt new and refreshing to me.

Also, Hilda is pretty damn fine with her short shorts and stuff. (b^_^)b

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    I liked having older protagonists in B/W. Not to mention, they actually look like they could be real people.

And then we have the B2/W2 protagonists. I'm sorry, but they look no older than 9. And the clothing? I don't know anyone, much less any guy, who wears a wetsuit underneath a short-sleeved jacket and shorts. Rosa isn't much better.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
    Eight of you should lose your opinion license effective immediately.

Hilbert and Hilda are the best they've done. Hilda in particular. She's badass, hot, heroic... really, why can't every hero be more like her? I love her outfit, I love her confidence, that badass ponytail... I knew when I saw her I liked her. Hilbert's not bad. I think the maturity has a lot to do with it.

Nate and Rosa definitely look like they're 10. Their outfits are hideous, and I happen to not be fond of their hair. Also visors are a major no-no in my opinion - nobody should ever wear something that ugly.

There's a reason I tried my hand at ROM hacking earlier this week... trying to hack Rosa out of BW2 and put Hilda in instead.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Eight of you should lose your opinion license effective immediately.

Hilbert and Hilda are the best they've done. Hilda in particular. She's badass, hot, heroic... really, why can't every hero be more like her? I love her outfit, I love her confidence, that badass ponytail... I knew when I saw her I liked her. Hilbert's not bad. I think the maturity has a lot to do with it.

Nate and Rosa definitely look like they're 10. Their outfits are hideous, and I happen to not be fond of their hair. Also visors are a major no-no in my opinion - nobody should ever wear something that ugly.

There's a reason I tried my hand at ROM hacking earlier this week... trying to hack Rosa out of BW2 and put Hilda in instead.

But that's impossible! Hilda's out traveling the world with her beloved N <3

Actually, the visor is one thing that I liked about Rosa. I thought it was a cute accessory. It's a nice change from the unspoken rule that all playable characters must wear a hat.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Its a hard decision, because frankly i prefer Nate as the male protag but Hilda as the female. All in all though, i pick Nate and Rosa as my favorite pair, since their outfit is more "out there" and different to what i was used to. Plus Nates Hair is really really cool xD

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
    I personally like the BW protagonists more. Rosa is ok but Nates hairstyle is just weird and I´m really not a fan of his pants or whatever those things are XD

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    To be honest, I really really like both the girls' designs. The guys are okay but I definitely like Hilbert's design better than Nate. His hair bothers me. >_<

But out of the girls, I like Rosa's design best. I'm such a sucker for cute trainers. x3

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    I like the B/W protagonists more then B2/W2. Though the names don't really appeal to me, though the names for B2/W2 are more appealing :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    It's a tough choice, but I went with Nate and Rosa in the end, primarily because of their portrayals in the B2/W2 trailer.

I voted Nate and Rosa but looking back on them now think I prefer Hilbert and Hilda despite their awkward names. :( Hilbert's cap animation reminds me a lot of Red and his design went together better plus he didn't have the 'coconut hair' that Nate had, haha. The B/W2 protagonists' relationship with Hugh made it all the better but Cheren and Bianca worked just as well for the other two.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
    hilda and hilbert, even though their names are ridiculous and stuff, i just love them so much and i love their sprites. cx nate and rosa are really cool and all but i like the wishful feeling that H/H offer. ^^

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I went with Hilda and Hilbert. They just looked more...realistic, if that made sense, to me. Nothing wacky about them at all. Hell, Hilda has dem shorts, which reminds me of the people I walk past. I also like how Hilbert reminds me of Red. The hat, the stance, all he needs is his hand on the hat at all times, and a Pokeball in hand, and you have Unova's Red. The two also seemed older than Rosa and Nate, which appealed to me, too. I also think they're both hot.

The only thing that was off about them were the names. Never heard of Hilda as a name, and Hilbert sounds both like an old man name, and similar to "Herbert". I'll let that last one sink in.

Years
    After playing as Rosa again in my current White 2 playthrough on my secondary copy (a Wedlocke), I can say that she's kinda grown on me. I do like her overworld sprite and think she is portrayed pretty lively.

I may have said, but I did like the male protag from BW2 as well; even though some people find him goofy, I actually thought that palm tree hair was a nice touch. And I did like their portrayals in the animated trailer, also.

Back