• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proxy Help!

MudkipThePokémon

ROM Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Hi, I use proxies to browse the internet, but all of the ones I've tried don't allow me to change the theme to VBulliten Default! And everything is in html, like when I press space it won't work, i have to press
    or something like that! Help me please, and also do you know of any good proxies?

Years
    Hi, I use proxies to browse the internet, but all of the ones I've tried don't allow me to change the theme to VBulliten Default! And everything is in html, like when I press space it won't work, i have to press
    or something like that! Help me please, and also do you know of any good proxies?
    The first step to finding a better solution is explaining why you need to use proxies.

MudkipThePokémon

ROM Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Oh, I fixed the theme :3

But I don't know about the HTML stuff, and I use proxies for many reasons, one of which is fear of IP Hacking :(

Years
    Oh, I fixed the theme :3

But I don't know about the HTML stuff, and I use proxies for many reasons, one of which is fear of IP Hacking :(
    So you'd rather pump everything you do through someone else's proxy than to just keep your OS and Security software up-to-date? I think you're being a little paranoid.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    As someone who understands how hacking works down to being able to do it myself, you're more likely to get a virus by using shady web proxies than you are to find someone who will actually know how to attack your computer using its IP. And as long as you keep it up to date, 99% of those people won't have a leg to stand on either. And if you're behind a router firewall, it's nigh impossible. Not to mention that by using a web proxy, you're routing your traffic through someone who could very well choose to look at whatever traffic you send, be it pictures or your credit card number.

If you're really paranoid, use a proxy server or Tor. Web proxies are crap compared to either of them.

Back