• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS Vita Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • PS Vita Discussion

Couple days ago at Gamescom, PS Vita's price has been dropped from $249 to $199. Price of memory cards have been lowered as well.

More details: https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/gamescom-ps-vita-price-drop-announced

What do you think about this? Do you think PS Vita will be boosted by this or is it "doomed forever" as some say?

Also feel free to use this thread to talk about PS Vita in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's a good news. That'll increase the sales of PS Vita, hopefully. I won't be buying it, though, because I'm not a big fan of Sony's handheld systems. I've had a PSP before, but I traded it in at a store couple of weeks after I bought it. I have nothing against their handhelds, but something about them just doesn't feel right to me. I'm not exactly sure what it is. xD"

Also, I know that they've lowered the price of their memory cards, but when you compare them to the regular SD cards, they still seem like a little expensive.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • that's a pretty big price drop. i'm wondering if the wii will go on sale too because of the new releases of the ps4 and xbox one.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • That IS a pretty big drop. Probably because nobody was buying it. I may be interested, because I've been wanted the play Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. The only game so far where the protagonist is a girl, and they release it on a console nobody has... *sigh*

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I renamed this thread to "PS Vita Discussion", since that seems to be the direction of this thread in general~

Anywho, I hope to purchase a PS Vita soon with this price drop~ <3

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Again, according to IGN and Markus Persson, Minecraft is coming to the Vita too.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    The price drop is significant, and although I won't be buying the PS Vita, I think it's a good move. As others have mentioned, the memory cards are still a bit pricey. In any case, I've never been a fan of Sony's handheld consoles, so it doesn't impact me. I'd like to see how Minecraft plays out for this though, haha. It wasn't nearly as popular on the Xbox, but maybe something new will raise the Vita alternative up?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Good price drop...

But the memory cards are STILL way too damn expensive. God damn, you know something's wrong when I'm more comfortable downloading digital games on the 3DS than the Vita.

Give me a reason to use the Vita, Sony. I can't just keep deleting and downloading to fit whatever I want into that crappy excuse for a memory card.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I love my Vita. I bought in on launch morning. Even though in the EU we don't get to many games I find myself totally addicted to Ragnarok Odyssey. I play that game and farm on it for hours. It stops me playing all the other games I own like Persona 4 and so on. It has really become an addiction.

Years
  • I plan on getting a Vita because of the price drop at some point this year. Of course, it'll never replace my 3DS, but there are a few games (like Little Big Planet) I'd like to play. Oh, and if Loco Roco ever gets a Vita game, I'll be overjoyed.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • I want a PSVita myself, but sadly there are only 5-10 games on the PSVita that I'd want to play, while the 3DS has 20-30 games I want.

So I'm probably going to get an Xbox 360 this Christmas, a 3DS for Christmas 2015, and then finally a PSVita for Christmas 2016.

(I'll prob get a PS4 for Christmas 2017, and then a XB1 for Christmas 2018)

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • I have one of those. I like them. The back touch screen is one of the weirdest things ever, but it's really neat after some getting used to.

As of today, I only have four games. I can't find too many that I really think I would like.

I thought it was just like a PSP at first, but I was mistaken.

TY

This thread is over a month old, so I'll have to lock it.

But do not hesitate to make a new one for this!

-Locked-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back