• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 or Wii or XBox 360?

Which one(s) have you got/do you plan to get?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    why would you want to buy a XBOX360(they are horrible{and you have to pay to play online}) they have good graphics right now but they will be so far outdated in like a year by the ps3 so just buy a Wii which is a fun gaming console (i have it i know and i love it) and wait for the PS3 to drop in price. the XBOX does have so good xbox exclusive games on it like lost planet and halo (so maybe you should get one after you get a ps3 like in a year just for those games) cause the ps3 is brilliant blu-ray is whooping hddvds but right now in sales and so many more film companies endorse Blu-ray its not even funny. so buy a Wii first they are fun and cheap. then save money for a ps3. then maybe you should get a xbox360 but if you buy a ps3 first you will forget you even wanted a xbox360

Years
    why would you want to buy a XBOX360(they are horrible{and you have to pay to play online}) they have good graphics right now but they will be so far outdated in like a year by the ps3 so just buy a Wii which is a fun gaming console (i have it i know and i love it) and wait for the PS3 to drop in price. the XBOX does have so good xbox exclusive games on it like lost planet and halo (so maybe you should get one after you get a ps3 like in a year just for those games) cause the ps3 is brilliant blu-ray is whooping hddvds but right now in sales and so many more film companies endorse Blu-ray its not even funny. so buy a Wii first they are fun and cheap. then save money for a ps3. then maybe you should get a xbox360 but if you buy a ps3 first you will forget you even wanted a xbox360

Sony aren't planning price cuts of the PS3, so you might be waiting a while.

So what if you have to pay for online, the service is much better then the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, and the Playstation Network, plus your getting a lot more, including demo's for games, Live arcade games, if people dislike paying for the online services, how come so many people use Xbox Live, its the same with WoW, people pay to play it

Blu-ray isn't such a huge succsess, yes its doing well, but Sony have but all there hopes into this format, it hasn't done what the PS2 did to the DVD. Sony are having to sack people to make up for the failure of the PS3, Kutagari has retired, and the sales are really quite low, In Five days Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have sold over one million copies (in the US alone) and in several months the ps3 has almost sold 3 million (Worldwide, you can't really call that a success, and if you put the amount of copies Diamond and pearl have sold in Japan as well, I'm sure you will have alot more then the amount of PS3's sold.

Ichiro Miyamoto

The Reminder
    Years
    The Wii

I've tried out the PS3 and the games seem too clunky. Plus, there is basically one great game out for the machine right now. The 360 is decent, but with hardware failures, system crashes and overheating, it brings it down. The only problem I have with the Wii when I've played it is it is a bit confusing to control the games.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i got a wii and a 360 and i may get a ps3 for ff13 and kingdom hearts3

and FF(insertnumberhere) is bound to end up multiplatform.

actuly ff11 was a trial to see if ff could be pulled of on the 360 but square enix decided that it can't and so the main FF's are going to continue to be playstation only

has anyone forgotten Square Enix is giving the Wii KH3 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

the wii isn't getting KH3 the closeset thing to that was a game called mushroom kingdom hearts which was later confirmed to be an april fools joke

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I want to get my Wii, but many games I want aren't still out yet. Does anybody know the release dates of Mario Galaxy, Pokémon BR, Metroid Prime 3 or Smash Bros. Brawl?

If not, maybe I'll wait for the games and for the price to drop.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The Wii is my favorite. I own one, and it was definently worth it. And with the NiGHTS sequel coming out soon (UBER-SQUEE!!) it'll just add another great, can't-miss-out title to the many that the Wii has already cooked up.

Although the XBox 360 and PS3 are plenty good, too. The 360 has XBox Live, and you can't really beat that when it comes to online gaming. And the PS3's graphics are just amazing. Even the Sony bashers would be stupid not to admit to that.

Like many others, I plan to get the PS3 once the prices go down. I'm really only waiting for FINAL FANTASY XIII as of now, and Ninja Gaiden.

Soujiro

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2007
    I have a 360 and I love it...even though I only have one game for it XD Gear Of War alone makes the 360 worth it. I've played other games that my brother has for it like Prey, Lost Planet, and Call Of Duty 3. They're awesome too. Anyways, I plan on getting a PS3 at the end of the year...unless Metal Gear Solid 4 gets pushed back. Then I'll buy it next year or something. Whenever MGS4 gets released, I'm buying a PS3. Revolution? Dont make me laugh...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Well, MGS5 might not be on the PS3. :p

Kojima is impressed with the Wii (why'd you call it Revolution? Where have you been for the past year? O_o). He has said that MGS4 will be released on the PS3 because they're so far into development. But, he doesn't think the PS3 is profitable. He may port it over to the 360.

Blu-Ray is impressive. However, it would costa fortune for a developer to produce a game that would actually make use of the technology. So much room on the disc, not enough time or money to fill it up. Not worth the expendture. Also, he doesn't feel that the amount of people with a PS3 is strong enough to continue developing major titles (Sqaure feels the same. Final Fantasy is staying simply because it'd embarassing for them to bring it back to Nintendo after leaving them. But Kingdom Hearts is probably going to end up somewhere else.)

Soujiro

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2007
    If there even IS an MGS5! :O (How can there? Snake is old! And didnt Kojima say something about this being the last? maybe I'm just making up things...)

I dont believe in 'wii' >>

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I like the upcoming library for the Wii better than the PS3 and 360, and I've always liked Nintendo products better, so the Wii was an obvious choice for me.

I've played the PS3 and it's okay, but it's nothing special. Other than the updated graphics it's not really any different.
    There are some impressive games coming out for it, but not impressive enough for me to want to pay 600+ for a system and who knows how much for the games.

The 360...well, I've never been a big Microsoft fan and I'm not into Halo or games like it, so I have absolutely no interest in the 360.

Wii may not be as graphically enhanced as the 360 or PS3, but it's got a better library, better franchises, and a Nintendo VC. Microsoft and PS3 may have a VC too, but they don't offer the exclusive to Nintendo VC games I'm interested in.

Years
    I'd definitely say the Wii, just because of how interactive the system is. However, XBox 360 did come quite close for me. Gotta love the Halo series, and not to mention Guitar Hero is now out for the 360, which makes it just that much more amazing.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Upcoming Wii library (NA)
    Shrek the Third
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's end
    Surf's Up
    Mario Party 8
    Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Tamagotchi Party On!
    SD Gundam: Scad Hammers
    Chicken Shoot
    Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
    Mercury Meltdown Revolution
    Scarface: The World Is Yours
    The Sims 2: Pets
    Fantastic 4: Rise of Silver Surfer
    Escape from Bug Island
    Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
    Transformers: The Game
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Pokemon Battle Revolution
    The BIGS
    Cosmic Family

I've bolded what could potentially be the better of the library. Nothing really all that special so far. The Japanese line up didn't really add to this either. The only real 2 games to look forward to outside of this line are SSBB and Metroid Prime 3.

PS3 Lineup
    MLB 07: The Show
    Surf's Up
    Vampire Rain
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
    The BIGS
    The Darkness
    Ratatouille
    Lair
    All-Pro Football 2K8
    Madden NFL 08
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
    Theseis
    NBA Live 08
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Beautiful Katamari
    Two Worlds: Temptation

The Japanese line up adds only Ninja Gaiden to this list. All in all, I can't see PS3 being the big winner as of yet. However, if you compare the lineup between the PS3 and the Wii, you will notice a heck of a lot of "duplicates". Not exactly a good sign for the Wii. MGS 4 is the big one coming up later.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Gold)
    Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia
    Shrek the Third
    Surf's Up
    WarTech: Senko no Ronde
    Forza Motorsport 2
    Shadowrun
    Call of Juarez
    Hour of Victory
    DiRT
    Transformers: The Game (Collector's edition)
    The BIGS
    The Darkness
    Overlord
    Ratatouille
    Two Worlds

I have not heard of any of the exclusives in here like at all. The Japanese library adds Trusty Bell to the line up, and potentially Bullet Witch. Otherwise, it seems like it's all the cross platform games, or games that I don't have a good judgement of until release. Halo 3 is the big one later on.

In terms of the game library expansion, it looks like the Wii has the slight advantage at the moment. However, if you take into account for the fact that Nintendo's consumer base has nothing to do with the PS3/360 consumer base, you'll notice that most of the games I've highlighted from there are really for casual gamers (with the exception of RE4). It looks like Capcom is heading in for some cash milking with the Wii, potentially similar to ubisoft's cashing in.

Years
    GTA is coming out on the 360 as well.

Bioshock, Fable 2, Tom Clancy: End War, Too Human, Halo 3

PS3 has Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet.

Wii has Galaxy, Brawl, Mp:3, Umbrella Chronicles, MySims,

Soujiro

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2007
    So what happens when you walk into a shop and see a Wii Box, or a wii display do you shout: 'IT DOESN'T EXSIST, I REFUSE TO BELEIVE IT'

I just say something like "'Wii' izz deh suxorzzz! It's Revolution!"

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    *isn't even going to respond to such idiocy as Soujiro's remarks*

Honestly, the PS3 and Wii aren't really worth it right now. They both have a handful of decent games and that's it. And yes, I have a Wii. There's TP (which is available on the Gamecube), Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center, Wii Sports, and a bunch of minigames and crappy last-gen ports. PS3 has Resistance and Oblivion (which is on the 360). Neither one have a decent online service, although I'd give the edge to the PS3.

The 360 is probably the console most worth buying right now. It has the best online service (even if you have to pay for it) and it's had a year ahead of the other two consoles to get a decent game library together. Still, there's not much there that I want to really try, aside from Oblivion and Viva Pinata.

Once they all get an established game library and the PS3/360 get a price cut, I'll probably wind up owning all three. But right now, the PS3 and 360 neither one really justifies the price for me, at least. The Wii's a bit better, but I'm still a bit disappointed. Of course, that'll change once the big titles like SMG and SSBB come out.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    I personally own a Wii and prefer it, it caters to what I WANT from it and not what anyone else or my friends want from it. As amazing as the 360s online capabilities are, I can't see myself playing GoW with my friends as its really not my sorta game.

Generally, I'd say the 360 has the upperhand as someone previously said, its had longer to build up a strong gaming library and stole half of Sony's customers because they took too long and dropped a huge price tag on it which for the younger market isn't going to work as people generally can't afford it unless they work or get a nice amount of money for Xmas or their birthday.

However the PS3 does have blu-ray and SOME good home titles so, it all depends on personal preference at the end of the day.

DarkDragonite12

Inner Focus Boi!!!
    Years
    I already own a 360 and I'm glad I do. Gears of War Online is all a 360 owner needs.

But I do want a Wii only for Brawl and PBR(Pokemon Battle Revolution), but for now the 360 is good enough for me.

Back