• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 - Uncharacteristic of Sony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
Years
  • OK, i have been hearing a ton about the ps3 and how awesome it will be, but stepping back and looking at it, you may as well call it the WiiBox3. After all, the only innovations it has are the blu-ray disks, which will be a flop, because it will NOT be the next universal disk format that sony anticipated it to be - High Def DVD, produced by Microsoft, will be. of course, it does hold more data, and will make the graphics better, but don't expect to watch next-gen HD DVDs on it.

lets see the other technologies the ps3 employes:

controller - same as the others (even from 2 generations ago!) except for the motion sensor, a copy off of the wii

blu-ray - only innovative thing (which i give sony full credit for, but will be hit by slow loading times and will not be the universal format, as sony predicted [but thats never stopped sony in the past! {a good thing}])

high-def games - not exactly origional, the first xbox beat them to it, but still improving on them never hurts

hard drive - widely used, and needed for any system nowdays (i always did like storing data on my game cartridges :-) )

downloading ps1 games online (through ps3) to download on psp - need i even get into this? blatent copy.

design - innovative, and very cool and sleek (see, i'm fair)

releasing in two bundles - hmm, just after the 360 gained a ton of sales for origionating that very idea

online - modeled off of xbox live (source: interview with sony president - he said, "we are completely redoing our online system, and yes, it is heavily influenced by xbox live, which has been very successful. we hope to generate similar success.")

and finally, by no means am i a sony hater. i desperately wanted a ps2, but just ended up "borrowing" my friends and using it for an "extensive" time. i was always appreciative of sonys innovations in other systems, especially storing games on CD, and my favorite, the analog stick (can you imagin gaming without it?), but the ps3 severly lacks the innovation sony always employs, which i find extremely disappointing.

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    dude, please don't double post. its anoying to have to scroll up and down all the time

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • i know that, i was just making a second post showing that my computer told me that my first post didn't go through, so i posted it again. when i saw it had posted twice, i made a second post to draw the moderator's attention, to tell him that i didn't mean it and this one should be closed.

believe it or not, i know what i am doing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back