• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 vs. Xbox and Favorite Game

Which one is better?

• PS3

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Xbox

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Both

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    Basically an opinion thread to get a view of other people. Only rules are no verbal fighting and respect everybody's opinion. That's all I ask.

So, I am an all-out PS3 fan, and my favorite game is Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception GOTY Edition.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    PS3 of course. While I haven't played many games (just got it), my favorite is Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands, a good mixture of action and exploring.

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
    Years
    PS3 and my favorite game is 2 games witch is Demon souls and Dark souls they are both really fun u should try it

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    I switched to Xbox 360 when both consoles were release. Basically it came down to which one was least expensive and which one had the better upcoming game list. Fortunately, the Xbox didn't disappoint me. Definitely believe the Xbox 360 had a lot more to offer with games and it's live connection. Anyhow, I'm switching to PS4 now. Same reasons why I switched to Xbox in the past.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    PS3. It gets crap for not having many exclusives, but I import some games so I don't really see that argument. One day I'd like to own a 360 to play Infinite Undiscovery and settle my long-standing score with the Ethereal Queen once and for all, but I keep forgetting to buy one. The new models look pretty neat-o so I do believe a being from Higher On is telling me that now is the time.

TY

PS3, i love it, its free to play online (if its free on Xbox now too, then feel free to correct me) and i never had any xbox systems before so i went from PS1 to PS2 to PS3.

My favorite game has to be Midnight Club: Los Angeles. The creativity on making vinyls on your ride is immense if you know what to do... You can make soooo many things, and i've seen the craziest stuff online.

This car for instance (made that one myself though)
    Spoiler:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
    I've always been an X-Box fan, I just prefer its exclusives over the PS3's. Although, to be honest, if I could afford both consoles, I would want to get PS3 too, so that way I could play some PS3 exclusives that looked pretty good, like The Last of Us. As for a favorite game for the X-Box, I'm not really sure, I can't really think of one off the top of my head.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I have both and it's DEFINITELY the Xbox 360.

Why?
    -Overall better library
    -Multi-platforms were mostly always better on it (*coughstreetfighter4andskyrimcough*)
    -MUCH better online services
    -Easy to use and simple
    -Better controller (DS3 sucks, let's be honest)
    -Xbox Live Arcade
    -Cheap

Though it went down the crapper lately, it still was probably the best console of this gen.

As for favorite game, definitely Halo 3.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    I'm a Sony guy, born and raised, so PS3 for me. Never enjoyed the Xbox 360 as much, especially with having to deal with M$' Xbox Live service. Heck, I even worked for Xbox customer support and then tech support for 6 months....that was hell.

Favorite game for the PS3....that's really tough. Can I do genres? I can? Oh thanks man.

Fighter: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Shooter: Resistance 3
    Action-Adventure: Heavy Rain
    RPG: Demon's Souls

Years
    I always went with Sony before this gen (had PS1 and PS2) and I'm planning on buying a PS4 instead of an Xbox One whenever I move on to next gen, but the 360 has been a superior console for two simple factors.

- Cheaper
    - Party Chat

Party chat sounds small, but it's actually such a huge difference. I have convinced all of my friends to buy a X360 because of it and they have since left their PS3s to collect dust. PS3 had better hardware, but multiplat games never made use of it so that doesn't make too much of an impact on the debate for me personally. I still wish I could play a few PS3 exclusives though.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've flip-flopped a bit this gen. I got both my PS3 and 360 within months of each other and for a very long time, the 360 was my favourite. It was the one I had access to all the time and most of my friends had one, so we'd play a lot of things together. I would generally buy all the cross-platform games on 360 for achievements and because pretty much all my games were on there.

I got really disillusioned with my 360 once it RRoD'd; when they sent it back, the new one had a big scratch on it from the get-go. It was already a hassle to send it in (they made me ship it myself instead of sending a box like I'd been led to believe they would do) so I just kept it but I didn't really want to play it from then on. The dashboard for the 360 has also just gotten worse and worse over the years, though, and eventually it got so bad that I just couldn't stand turning on the console only to be bombarded with ads everywhere. When the ads are bigger than the button for "play the game in the disc drive" icon, you know there's a problem. By then we'd started drifting away/getting bored of our 360 staples so I stopped paying for Gold. And that's probably the best gaming decision I've made in a really long time, because even with Gold I was still subjected to those same ads that the silver/basic users get. I had to deal with the dashboard that catered to the US instead of Canada (we didn't have nearly the same music/TV/movie/media selection as the US), and it's not like anything worked out of the box without Gold anyway--without it, you can't watch Netflix (a service I already pay for) or use any of the extra apps they always advertise. (Gold also doesn't go on sale here nearly as much as it does in the US... or it didn't at the time anyway, so $60/year? No way.)

Around that time, I started going through my PS3 backlog and realizing just how great a console it was. No, it doesn't have the voice chat that I'd really liked on the 360 but hey, the 360 doesn't even have that if you aren't willing to pay their ridiculous XBL fees so it's not like that's really a big deal. Then that whole fiasco with PSN accounts getting hacked occurred and I thought Sony handled it brilliantly. I wasn't even affected and I still got a handful of free games. I started playing my PS3 more and more and when I moved into my current house, my roommate had a PS3 Slim so I didn't have to give up playing when I went away for school. I wasn't on board with Playstation Plus when it first came out, but within a few months (ie as soon as they announced Vita support)? Yeah, I upgraded to that. I pay about as much per year as I did for XBL except I actually get free games and great discounts. I'm not bombarded with ads whenever I turn on my console, I don't have to pay to use Netflix, and I just feel so much more comfortable as a consumer on the PS3. It's easy to find everything I'm looking for and the overall quality of the service is just so much better, in my opinion. I've heard the online crowd is much saner, too, but it's also much less saturated (I'd imagine) so of course it'll be quieter. :/

The other day I even sat down and took a look at all my Xbox games. The only game on 360 I'd be sad to have missed that I wouldn't have been able to play had I gone PS3-only was Beautiful Katamari and, honestly, that wasn't even too great a game. Literally every other game I liked on 360 came out on PS3 at some point and if not on PS3, the game was much better on PC. (So for example: Left 4 Dead, despite not being on PS3, is just disappointing to go back to on 360 now.) Halo did nothing for me, I absolutely dread going back to Gears of War 3 with my roommate even though we're almost done the series... and I just... didn't like anything on 360. It was doing well with indie games and XBLA but now it's impossible to find anything new on the dashboard unless you know EXACTLY what you're looking for. Even then, good luck figuring out how to do it if you only check the console once in a while.

Favourite games, though... I guess I'll only mention exclusives. I already said that the only 360 exclusive I would miss if I didn't have a 360 was Beautiful Katamari but I guess I'll tentatively mention Tales of Vesperia here, too. I have it (and vastly prefer it) on PS3 but most people don't have the opportunity to play it since it was never localized, so if the PS3 version didn't exist I would probably still want a 360 just for that game. For PS3, my favourite games are Tales of Graces f and likely the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD collection. KH1.5 is remakes from PS2 though so if it doesn't count, so be it. There are many games on PS3 that I have 100+ hours in, though, compared to a very small number of comparative games on 360. Again, I think the only games I played for a decent amount of time on 360 were multi-platform games. As far as exclusives go, I think the PS3 is much more catered to my tastes. I haven't even finished going through all the games I want to try on PS3 that aren't available on 360 whereas the other way around? Yeah, I've played everything I'm interested in on 360 that never made it to PS3. I don't think I'm missing anything great.

Years
    I'm primarily with Nintendo, but I do own a PS3.
    The 360 never appealed to me; no games I liked, strange online services, to name just a couple of things.
    Favourite game would have to be Little Big Planet 2; LBP is the reason I got a PS3 in the first place. Ni No Kuni, which came out this year, is also extremely good (it's from Level-5, what did you expect?).

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    I flip-flopped the whole gen really.

• Starting out with 360 because of 599 US DOLLARS.
    • Continued playing 360 till about 2009 where I felt MS was losing some of their best exclusives.
    • Try my best to give the PS3 a chance but wind up really not liking the DS3, probably because I didn't hold a Sony controller for 5 years by that time, but I also have a bunch of nitpicks with the thing.
    • Realise then that the 360 is going on a downhill mountain of self-aware destruction with the Kinect casualty.
    • Build a PC and touch neither ever again.
    By the end wind up not liking either.

Last edited:

PixelWarrior

Conqueror of Castles
    Years
    I own an Xbox 360 and have never considered buying a PS3. The Xbox just has a better amount of exclusives, which are the most important thing for me personally. Although the Sony console has certainly intrigued me, I've stuck with Xbox. I got it for my birthday around two years ago, and at first I didn't go on it much, but eventually I got really into it and for one point I couldn't stop playing!

As for my favorite, I know it's not an exclusive, but Rayman Origins on the Xbox is an underrated delight and probably one of the best platformers out there still standing. When Rayman Legends was released as a Wii U exclusive, I legit shed a tear.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    XBOX, mainly because of the controller. I can't use the PS3 controller anymore, especially for first-person shooters.

My favorite games (because no one man should be able to pick one.) are any Street Fighter game, Halo game or Call of Duty game as I play those the most.

Years
    I've always been an Xbox person. Xbox all the way. I think it's features suit my personal needs more than a PS3 and games like Halo are important to me.

My favorite games on the Xbox are Halo, FIFA, TES series, GTA, Red Dead, that kinda stuff...

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
    Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    PS3 the best choice of all my favorite game of it is Sonic The Hedgehog really love to play it.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
    Years
    Oooh noes. Here come the flame wars :( . Lol jk but personally I prefer the Xbox 360 over PS3 simply because I was raised up on it, and I could never hope to use one of dem darned analog-on-the-same-side PS3 controllers :P . However, looking upon some of the crappy stuff they're revealing for Xbox One (like the no used games thing for example) I'm undoubtedly getting the PS4 instead. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Oh and um... my favorite game is tied between COD: Black Ops 2, Skyrim: Elder Scrolls V, and Tomb Raider :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I'm all out Sony fan so obviously PS3.
    I just got it 2 days ago but I already played some games before.
    My favorite from those I own is Okami HD but I plan to buy Toki to Towa (Time & Eternity) and Neptunia and I'm pretty sure those will become my favorites.

Back