• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ps4 or Xbox 1

You decide!

• Total voters

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    I'm going to push you to explain (; Why do you prefer the PlayStation consoles over the other competition?

Ugh... Here we go again I guess.
    So we got the Playstation 4, and the Xbox One. First of all, I need to tell you guys that most of this is my opinion, because there are some facts I'm gonna put in this argument (My friends call me argue-man).

Prices -
    So lets start with prices. As we all live all throughout the globe, I though the most reasonable place to compare both prices would probably be amazon. So first, I went to the official Sony and Microsoft sellers. To my surprise, I found that the Xbox one was selling for $355.99, while the Playstation 4 was selling for $399.00. Not bad Microsoft. it makes 1 for Xbox one. So if you want to buy one of them for cheaper online, at the safest buy, choose Xbox one.
    Want the links to see the prices yourself? I'll put them below.

Sales -
    Now comes the tricky part, How many people bought the Ps4, and how many people bought the Xbox one? Apparently, the Ps4 has sold more than 20.2 million consoles, since it came out. That's totally unbelievable. But Xbox, on the other hand, has only sold about 10 million consoles. Now believe me, that's a whopping number too, but if you have a console selling more than double the amount of its rival, you know it's totally dominating.
    Although Microsoft has been upping its sales the last couple of months, PS4 remains better. That makes it a big one to Sony. If you wanna know where I got my info from here -

Exclusive games -
    Now will come a bit of opinion. I think both PS4 and Xbox one have great games. I'll mention some these "great games" I'll go with PS4 games first. We have Little Big Planet 3, which is a really good game. And we have Uncharted 4 too. I mean, I really love the Uncharted series. PS4 had Infamous: Second son too, which was a pretty enjoyable game in my opinion. Then we have Street Fighter V, which still hasn't come out yet, but Street fighter has always been enjoyable. I've gotta admit, Xbox has some good exclusives too, like Dead Rising 3. I absolutely love Dead Rising 3. I love its free roam. Forza 5 is probably one of the best car games, and it may be better than Need for Speed. and there's the game it's impossible to forget. Halo. Some Xbox players actually bought the Xbox one just so they could play Halo. I don't like Halo that much, as it's a first person shooter game, but it's really popular so I had to put it here. Both consoles have great exclusives, so it's a draw for me. That makes it 2-2.

Controllers
    -
    A person who has been playing the Xbox more will feel uncomfortable while a PS4, and a person using the PS4 will feel uncomfortable using the Xbox controller. I'll bring up a Xbox user's argument, and a PS users argument. An Xbox user would say. Well to begin with, both have the same prices, that's a draw. The PS4 user will say the Ps4 controller has a wider controller, but it's not as tall, which is better. A Xbox user will say that the analog stick of the PS4 sticks are hard to use as they're matched.

I'll pick the PS controller, as I'm a PS user. (I know it's not fair) And that makes it 3-2 to Playstation!

That wraps it up, ladies and gentlemen! And Playstation wins! I'm actually kinda happy, as this is the longest post I have ever written on PC! :D Are you finally happy, El Héroe Oscuro? (This took me about an hour to write. I'm a really slow typer.)

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    Well I don't need to argue with anyone around here. I choose PS4 because I am a sony fan as well. Stay solid

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Prices -
    So lets start with prices. As we all live all throughout the globe, I though the most reasonable place to compare both prices would probably be amazon. So first, I went to the official Sony and Microsoft sellers. To my surprise, I found that the Xbox one was selling for $355.99, while the Playstation 4 was selling for $399.00. Not bad Microsoft. it makes 1 for Xbox one. So if you want to buy one of them for cheaper online, at the safest buy, choose Xbox one.
    Want the links to see the prices yourself? I'll put them below.
    I'm pretty sure this is because Microsoft lowered the price so units would sell.

Alluding to El Héroe Oscuro, now explain why you're a Sony fan c:
    Japanese > rest of the world? :DDDD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    At first, I had wanted to go with Xbox One, but wound up buying PlayStation 4 instead.

I've been carrying myself on Xbox side of things for a decently long time--every games I had played within past few years, excluding Nintendo ones, were all on 360--and kind of I wanted to change up this pace a bit, which had contributed to my decision.

Luckily, I'm definitely not disappointed with PS4. So far, it seems to be running very smoothly, and is feature-filled.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    At first, I had wanted to go with Xbox One, but wound up buying PlayStation 4 instead.

I've been carrying myself on Xbox side of things for a decently long time--every games I had played within past few years, excluding Nintendo ones, were all on 360--and kind of I wanted to change up this pace a bit, which had contributed to my decision.

Luckily, I'm definitely not disappointed with PS4. So far, it seems to be running very smoothly, and is feature-filled.

Why did you inevitably choose PS4 over Xbox One?

Back