• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pshhhh, I'm too busy for my friends.

Do you reply right away, or do you act like you have a life?

• I reply right away.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • I act busy, bro.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Poki

Banned
Years
  • Whenever you're chatting with friends, do you reply right away (if you're not actually busy, of course), or do you act like you have a life and reply after a x amount of time?

I, personally, reply right away. Unless I'm not doing anything that keeps me from replying fast, of course. Why make 'em wait? :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    I'm rarely 110% available, so when the rare times come that I can give people my undivided attention, I always do so.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I reply immediately if I'm able to, cause I feel it's rude otherwise ;c I'm not one to pretend, so if I don't respond immediately, then it's cause I'm busy/distracted.

Unless we're talking about VMs that is. Lol

Years
  • I try my best to respond, but it's really a 50/50 shot, because sometimes I respond and sometimes I don't. And it's completely random too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    or do you act like you have a life and reply after a x amount of time?
    Don't the sorts of people with pretentions about lifestyle generally equate 'having a life' to being socially active at the expense of other pursuits?

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I reply write away if I can. Sometimes it takes me a bit due to multi-tasking frequently, but usually, even if I don't reply right away, I've at least popped it up and read the message so I can think of my answer while I finish whatever I was doing.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I feel like replying right away is kinda awkward, even though it's probably more polite. I try to reply as quickly as possible, just not like one second after I receive a message.

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2014
    what's a life

I only wait to reply if I'm avoiding them, but even then, my excuse is "oh my phone was off so sorry"

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I usually reply as soon as I see the message.. If I don't I usually end up forgetting about and and then don't reply at all.

Years
  • I reply pretty quick, whether it be texting or online. Like others have said, if I don't reply right away, I'll forget lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Agh. I'm extremely bad at that tbh. I get swamped with messages on skype and on my phone almost every day and sometimes I have to limit myself or I'll probably be all overwhelmed. xD Although I do try my best to be as open as possible, but my main problem is I just get so distracte--oh look the Anaheim Ducks just scored.

All in all, I reply quick when I'm on my computer, while I reply slowly when I'm on my phone.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Unlike most of my online friends (who I guess have a life or something what's up with that) I reply almost immediately in most cases. As for real life friends, I put them off for a time because they do the same to me, ha. I try to reply in a decent amount of time to those I know care, though.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Most of the time I end up forgetting and responding an hour later. :x

I usually get the text but am busy playing a game so I say I'll respond in 5 minutes. Next thing I know I'm 5 cut scenes in and I just remember to check my messages. I'm terrible at that.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    If I'm not busy which is most of the time I'll reply right away. Otherwise I'll reply when I can. There's no reason not too, besides it's simply rude.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    It's not quite that simple, aye. Sometimes the urges to do stuff comes to you at the time you're supposed to be on (I wasn't online much the last three days, while I was supposed to chat with a certain friend) due to many reasons. Mostly irl, but sometimes you've just got your hands full. But the thing is, you can't simply walk off the radar just because you're busy, you know. Most of the times you're quite busy in a self-induced activity. It just means that chatting with a friend is a wee more expendable. So as long as that 'friend' in question isn't off to Uganda in three minutes, you'll always stumble across other things to do than chat. It just depends on how much you value that chat. I usually come in this range.

Back