• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSN Down, How Do You Feel?

Zet

Years
  • Well I watched the conference.

and Playstation put it in ablog. and IGN also wrote about it.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-qriocity-services-to-be-available-this-week/

https://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1165399p1.html

So coming this week. Stronger Security.
    30 days free PS Plus
    30 days free Qriocity
    Be able to change password when logged in.
    Etc etc.

Just read the dag on article.
    It's really nice of them to give us free stuff, even though they already allow us to get some minor stuff for free and play with our friends online for free.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • Be able to change password when logged in.

You mean have to change password when logged in. I don't remember mine. And what are they going to do with my account? Buy me games?

Oh god, those 30 days are study leave. I wonder if not logging in will let me choose those days...

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I don't have a PS3, but I do have a PSP. But I don't go on PSN that much anyways, so it doesn't affect me.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
    Years
  • lol, ill restate what i said.

PSN asked to be shut down trying to sue someone from hackers anonymous, thus this ordeal happened. it sucks people's credit card info was at risk. Sony even sued PSN. they have some problems to address.
    PS3 sales will go down along with the amount of players in its community.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    lol, ill restate what i said.

PSN asked to be shut down trying to sue someone from hackers anonymous, thus this ordeal happened. it sucks people's credit card info was at risk. Sony even sued PSN. they have some problems to address.
    PS3 sales will go down along with the amount of players in its community.

Uh... no, that barely makes sense, and mostly isn't true.

"PSN asked to be shut down trying to sue someone from hackers anonymous" doesn't make any sense.

Sony suing PSN? Thats just stupid. They're not going to sue themselves. Anyone with common sense can see thats not true.

Adn it probably won't go down. I can see a small sales spike from this. Even bad publicity is publicity.

Alomar

Years
  • i follow IGN on twitter, theres an article on being sued for the PSN security break. sorry i typo'd.

and Anonymous hacked PSN shutting it down because one of their members was getting sued for the original outage they caused.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    i follow IGN on twitter, theres an article on being sued for the PSN security break. sorry i typo'd.

and Anonymous hacked PSN shutting it down because one of their members was getting sued for the original outage they caused.

Suing the guy that hacked their databases? Whats wrong with that.

Also, I'd suggest you provide links.

Alomar

Years
  • Suing the guy that hacked their databases? Whats wrong with that.

Also, I'd suggest you provide links.

theres nothing wrong with that, its just the reason Anonymous shut them down cuz they told PSN they would if that happened. and you can just scroll down IGN's tweets from the last week or two, its all there. too lazy to go refind it all myself sorry haha

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    theres nothing wrong with that, its just the reason Anonymous shut them down cuz they told PSN they would if that happened. and you can just scroll down IGN's tweets from the last week or two, its all there. too lazy to go refind it all myself sorry haha
    From what i've read, it wasn't anonymous, but a member that took their "cause" in his/her own hands.

But none of that explains why you said this...
    Sony even sued PSN. they have some problems to address.

Years
  • To clarify: the only ones being sued are Sony.

https://tinyurl.com/3bqbork

I find it hilarious. Why? Because it clearly states in the terms of service that Sony cannot be held responsible for any data theft or loss. Which essentially means that this lawsuit is pointless, unless they can somehow prove that Sony didn't meet it's part of the agreement.

And for those wondering, a diagram was released that showed how the hacker(s) got into the system.

https://tinyurl.com/3cft5bf

That may not make sense to the average person, but I'll do my best to explain.

The web server is the server that you physically connect to when you sign on to the network. That server is connected to the application server. The application server is where all of the applications are run. The PS Store and various other services are run off of this server. Finally, that server is connected to the database server. The database server simply stores all of the data for the user in a database. It's essentially an electronic record-keeping platform. By finding a vulnerability in the web server, the hacker(s) was/were able to get into the application server. From there, they placed a tool that attacked the database server. Once the tool attacks the database server, they've got all the goods.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • The "Welcome back" program sounds like a nice gesture, hopefully some add-ons for games are free like Undead nightmare for RDR.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I have no idea if it is true. but I heard Japan got their psn back.
    Also heard we will get ours back tomorrow. But just sony hasnt said anything about it so Im not sure if its true this is what I heard from alot of people.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • But that still affects the users and Sony as a whole. I subscribe to Free Realms and I had my credit card information on there, too.

Some people obviously have a problem with Sony.
    yes. and SOE got hacked at the same time as PSN. But they just noticed it cause they are too busy with the PSN servers, So yesterday they shut it down. Also I bet Sony will pay their dues, and like they said they are having law enforcements on both cases.

Zet

Years
  • But that still affects the users and Sony as a whole. I subscribe to Free Realms and I had my credit card information on there, too.

Some people obviously have a problem with Sony.

Don't worry the database they got from SOE was from 2007, so most of it's users' credit cards have expired or have been replaced by now.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • Well... That's what you get when you declare war to the hacker community. Sony totally deserved it. Let's hope everybody cancels their credit cards and replaces them in time.

Back