• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSP or DS

PSP or DS

• PSP

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • DS

Votes: 86 84.3%

• Total voters

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
Years
  • Probably one of the only decent arguments in this thread was yours.
    And I agree with most points.

X 2 ;)

I own both portable system and I can't really say that they can be compared... They're not made to play the same type of game. But I couldn't get rid of any of the 2.
    They're both awesome in their field.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2012
    I would pick the Dsi but it's not there and plus I heard it's not coming out no more.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    There should be an in between option, cuz I can't decide I mean like there is pokemon and Mario on the DS and then there is final fantasy and breath of fire on the PSP, can't choose between them. >_<

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I have to say DS.

I've played with both of them and I know a decent amount of stuff about both of them, too. For me, the only choice is DS for several reasons:

1. When I look at the PSP game shelf in a game store, it has two or three games I'd like to buy. When I look at the DS game shelf, it has ten or more games I'd like to buy. I'm just generally more in the focus group of DS than PSP.

2. Sure, PSP has an awesome, large screen and you can watch movies with it. However, when you play with it, the big screen is practically the only merit it has. The touch screen on DS is innovative and it's fun to play games with it. PSP only has a directional pad and an analog stick in a place that makes your thumb sore if you use it (that's the same with the controllers of PS2 and PS3. What's with that?). It's just not as much fun to play with directional pad than it is to poke at the touch screen with a stick :laugh:

3. Okay, you can listen to music and watch movies on PSP. For some people, that's a great feature. You know, a portable movie-watching macine for a long bus trip or something is simply an awesome idea. However, when I buy a handheld game console, I want to play games with it. All other features are useless for me. Why should I pay extra for a feature I won't be using? Thus, DS. Of course, this is a fairly stupid point in general, but an important thing for me. That's the same reason I don't want a cell phone that has a MP3-player in it.

I generally like Nintendo's consoles more, because they do the thing I bought them for. They're gaming machines. I don't want to pay extra for a blue-ray player or DVD player or whatnot. I want to play games. I guess it's kind of stupid, but...

From these two, DS is definietly my choice. PSP has some good games and some awsome features, but DS just wins in my case.

Besides, isn't it a bit unfair to ask a question like this on a Pokémon forum? :laugh: Although I bought Pokémon Diamond because it was on DS, not vice versa.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Besides, isn't it a bit unfair to ask a question like this on a Pokémon forum? :laugh: Although I bought Pokémon Diamond because it was on DS, not vice versa.

Yes, incredibly unfair. Because you have all the kids who are like "I HATE SONY BUT I LUV NINTENDO LOLOLOL" and "IV NEVR PLAYD A SONY CONSOLE BUT CUZ I HERD FRUM SUM PPL THAT SONY R THEVES I AM SAY DS"

I mean, you raised fair points, as did some other people, but a lot of the Nintendo community would literally vote DS for the sake of not voting for a Sony product.

Empire

Lurking since 2008
    Years
  • PSP Can play Movies, Games, Music, & Hold Photo's and you can also buy expandable memory and access the internet. So in my opinion. PSP is better.

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
    Years
  • I go 4 PSP 100%
    i have a hacked psp and i play all pokemon games on it
    even diomand and pearl
    i created my own touch screen so i ran my dsligh over wit meh bike
    If you ever want to play nintendo games and such on psp
    READ MY SIGNICHER!!!!!!

Years
  • Yes, its true that you can play pokemon games on the psp with the use of emulation (not going into that any further) so if you look at it that way then the PSP is clearly the superior system. But, if you choose that route, you forgo online gameplay/wi-fi trading, full functionality, and that nice little feeling that you supported the franchise :/

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • Quite the intresting question; I know my answer, nevertheless :] I choose The Nintendo DS becuase it has a better variety of games in my opinion. The PSP has games for older teens, such as 18 and up. Since I'm lower than that, I dislike the PSP's games. So, as the DS being the next console to buy; I bought it, and it's much better in my opinion.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Bwah, too hard to choose. I have both atm. My PSP is used as much as my DS. But I went with DS due to the fact that it's my newest and I'm a huge Pokémon fan lol.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • PSP just beats the DS for me.

The PSP can play movies and all that awesomeness, so I chose the PSP.

And the the analog stick being the little thing where the sound comes out is an awesome idea if you ask me. The games on the DS are better than that of the PSP, however.

Snyser

Champion
    Years
  • lol i have both but i play more on the ds becaus i play pokemon diamond so i say curently say the ds
    soon if a cool game is coming to psp then i say psp got it lol^^ hahaha

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I voted for the DS because i have so much fun with my DS and have lots of games to play on it, however there where a few games that did make the choice difficult, which where FFVII:Crisis Core, FFT:War of the Lions, FF:Dissidia, Daxter, GoW:Chains of Olympus, and the upcoming KH:Birth By Sleep, if it wasn't for them the PSP would be nothing more than a glorified MP3/Movie player.

.Socks

free yourself
    Years
  • I own both, and I prefer the DS. I'm a fan of both companies (Sony and Nintendo), but the DS just... does it better for me. It has a more expansive library, IMO; more games that appeal to me and what-not. Noted, there are some amazing games for the PSP (Crisis Core, GoW, Daxter, LocoRoco, etc...), but the DS has more (Phoenix Wright series, Pokemon, FFTA2, Kirby games that never fail to amuse me, etc...).

I love the Internet browser for PSP (I use it frequently!), but seeing as they're gaming consoles, I don't think that should be taken into account, really.

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    NDs of course! I love it, it has more games and pokemon games, but i like psp too, it's also good though.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • If I had to choose one, it'd be the Nintendo DS. I've just had a more enjoyable experience with it. However, I love the PSP as well. Just if I had to, DS for previous experiences.

Back