• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSWii60 Owner's Thread

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
Years
  • ...Okay, let me start off by saying, I hate the term PSWii60, but I was feeling lazy with the thread name.

This thread is for everyone to post their experiences with the three consoles, and they can state their preferred console ONLY if they have tried all three. This thread was inspired by Arcanine, (I think) when she was complaining about fanboyism or something. :D

Anyway, feel free to post your opinions, experiences, Gamertag/PSN/Friend code- whatever you want to as long as:
    1) You're not a fanboy/cheerleader.
    2) You have at least tried each system.
    3) You are able to respect other people's opinions without going all "STFU NOOB OMG FRIKKEN XBOT RROD GAYLO DERP DERP" on them.

That being said, have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    This will just get closed like the other because the mods won't let there be a decent discussion.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • This will just get closed like the other because the mods won't let there be a decent discussion.

I'm perfectly open for you all to have decent discussion. It's you members that are unable to maintain level heads when discussing systems. :> Feel free to give it a shot though.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Yeah, this thread is kind of just an experiment to see how a thread like this would fare. (And if anyone owns all three consoles O.O)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I found the wii awful, not necessarily down to Nintendo, but more so to do with me. I have Dyspraxia (it really effects my hand eye coordination) and when I tried using the Wii i could just never get into it, I've played it several times, but with my poor coordination and with the main control system, they just don't mix.

On PS3 and 360 the biggest problems I've run into is jerks on Call of Duty/Halo

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Nah man I said I got a gamecast!

Anywys, I have all of these systems.
    I find my playstation 3 collecting a lot of dust. Gotta put that dust somewhere? D:
    I just stick to my PS2 since I have it modded to... yeah.

Xbox 360 rawks. I get bored with these stupid shooter games like Halo and Call of Duty easily, but I love me some Fable.
    The only shooters I ever find myself playing for a really long time is GTA4 and Saints Row 2, but that's mainly because I enjoy using cheats to throw together some unreal scenario.

Wii is ok in my opinion. It lacks good games, but the Virtual Console makes it my somewhat nostalgia machine. I think they could release better games on there though.
    Me and my family usually play Wii Sports Resort on the weekends when we get together.
    Other than that I just get on PBR Wifi to do random battles or play Twilight Princess.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I have a very limited try on the PS3, but I own the other 2. I have to say, the Wii may be revolutionary, but I cannot manage some of the Wiimote point things well. I personally think the X-Box360 and PS3 are better, due to the controllers being... Well, not motion for a start, and they stuck with something that did work for decades.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I own Ps3 and Wii, I wish I had a 360 but... I also don't.

My opinion on all three sisters is that they all have more cons over pros. The Wii is nice but its hardware wasn't built to advance even last gens graphics. And "yes", I'm judging by graphics. Its part of the game, get over it. The Wii's infrared motion sensing is only a little bit more advanced than Duck Hunt, and that's fact. Its still cool, but its not the hype it was. So in opinion, I was let down. It would have been better if it generated its own 3D Xft diameter area to read the motions of the controller - or whatever - but instead they just went the cheap way. Also, in its first few months of launch, all the games were just GC re-releases. Wtf? Seriously? I hate Resi games, anyway. But I don't care if it was Resi or if it was Zelda, you don't just release a next gen system and advertise remade games for it. Make some dang new ones.
    However, the good parts about the Wii are "yes", its TOTALLY fun! A group of friends and Mario Party 8 is all you need (or about a week...)! Though the motion sensing is outdated, its utilized in the right manner and is still just as fun - if not more - than when I was shooting blocky 2D ducks.

The PS3 is my favorite system, only because I'm a PS3 fanboy. But its cons are outweighing as well. Its cons have almost disappeared, but they tend to revive here and then.
    I don't know the technical speculations on this, but the PS3 still tends to have bad process "in some units", not all. But my launch 80GB tends to get really laggy after only a couple of hours of gameplay, but nothing major. It usually goes away or fixes if I reset the system.
    SONY's mistake was hyping up the very long awaited HOME™ downloadable. I've tried Home, and seriously, its crap. Its completely pointless and unless you've got $50's coming out the rear then its a waste of money, as well. All the items (aside from unlocked clothes) cost money in cents equivalent to their USD original price. (ie. shirt costs $30.00 IRL and $00.30 in HOME) This, obviously, can get very pricey and is totally pointless. Its really nothing cool at all. Other than being able to watch the movies your friend has on his HDD on the TVs in his house, there's really nothing great about this.
    PS3 also tends to get hot. So far mine hasn't experienced damage, but I've heard some pretty gnarly stories about bad placement causing serious internal damage. I don't understand this, though, because PS3 has so many ventilation holes on the sides and back its unreal. o___o"
    The best parts about PS3 is, on the 80GB (which is what I have therefor is what I'm criticizing) there are 'four' USB ports on the front (nice) for controller charging, camera jacking, and external HDD jacking. My brother owns a 300GB external and this is very nice and useful for transferring movies and "other" stuff. :> It also has a flip... "thingy" on the front that reveals a CF card reader, SD and MicroSD card reader, and "Pro" card reader. I don't know what the last one is, but its there. (b'')b
    Also, like the Wii (I forgot to mention...) it has (over the 360) a built in network adapter. Which is quite nice indeed. :> It also has HDMI outputs in 720 and 1080i. Pure win.
    Ps3 also is the only next gen with a BlueRay DVD player. Which, BlueRay isn't quite the standard "yet", but considering BlueRay players cost so much, you're really getting your moneys worth out of this system. :>

I have no real review on the 360 other than RROD was a plague that has come and gone, Microsoft has pretty much fixed it. To my own knowledge the cons are that it has no built in wifi adapter (gaaay) and no BlueRay DVD player. Which, we can all do without the BlueRay, but c'mon. Its Microsoft, they could have done better. XD
    XBOX360 also charges monthly fees for its online XBOX Live play. Which is absolutely ridiculous. It would have been easier to let developers charge monthly subscriptions to their games and Microsoft sweep in some percentages. They're controllers and games already cost plenty. :P
    Other than that, there really isn't anything that I dislike about the 360. But I don't own one, so I don't know completely. I do know I like the controller, but not any more than the PS3 controller. I also like the ability to listen to music while gaming, but I now have my computer hooked up to a stereo system in my game room, so I'm good. XD

EDIT
    500th post. :>

Last edited:
    Years
  • What about the PS360 owners? I personally don't have a Wii nor do I intend to get one so I don't make statements on the Wii other than on the occasional exclusive games that I want (Muramasa: want).

On PS3 and 360 the biggest problems I've run into is jerks on Call of Duty/Halo
    Modern Warfare 2 and Post-ODST multiplayer (and most likely Reach too) is going to be much worse.

Last edited:

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
  • I would probably call a foul if all you were doing was judging games on their graphics and nothing else, but I'm fine if you take graphics into account among other things.

But anyway, I've had experience with all three, though I only own a Wii (my family grew up Nintendo). I have to say, all three consoles do what they say they do, play video games. So they all win on that front. Me, I do enjoy the Wiimote, and even have a sensor bar on top of my computer screen *points ^ *, so I can use a Wiimote on my computer.

In terms of how easy it is to get the controller to work with your computer? I'd have to say that the 360 and Wii can tie, depending on the situation. 360, if you have a corded one, just plugs right in, but you have to buy an adapter for the wireless ones I believe (which, if I know Microsoft, is probably over priced *coughcoughwifiadaptercoughcough*). The Wii, if you have bluetooth built into your computer, then all it is is a matter of syncing it to your computer and running GlovePie. But if you don't have bluetooth, you're going to have to go out and get an adapter, which may or may not cost less then a 360 one (I got mine for $30...). The PS3 is near impossible from what I know. Well, not impossible, but my friend found it to be frustrating. Me, however, I find I'm using my old wireless PS2 controller on my compy the most.

In terms of games, that's all opinion. People do enjoy the Wii's games, others may enjoy the many shooters and what not of the 360, and people... there are to few games for the PS3 that are not on the 360 as well. But, I guess the few that are unique are good. My friend got a PS3 just so he could play MGS4, but I don't remember if he thought that was a bad reason to get a PS3 or not. I know he's not getting rid of it though (it's his only controller for his computer, and somehow I screwed it up by plugging my wireless PS2 controller in).

In terms of aesthetics of the console it self (not game graphics), the Wii does look smoother and better then the rest in my opinion. None of them look TERRIBLE, but I like the simplistic look of the Wii. The PS3 is just a black monolith, and EVERYONE can agree. The 360 is ok, but better check for the RROD. I know that is probably one of the more upsetting things you can see on your console.

As for multimedia, I can't decide between the 360 or the Wii, which one loses the most. From what I know, neither of them have multimedia, but the Wii can surf the internet (probably the best of all the internet surfing consoles with it's point and click mouse like controls built into the system it self), so I guess I'm going to have to say the 360 loses in multimedia, followed not far behind by the Wii. You guys can call a foul on that though, I may be wrong. I don't need to mention the winner though.

Speaking of internet, all three consoles have online multiplayer and whatnot. In terms of multiplayer, the 360 blows the other two out of the water. The friend code system.... I don't need to say anything. As for the PS3, I found it near impossible for me to sign up on all the accounts just so I could play TF2, although I do like that the Wii and PS3's internet stuff is free. I never really liked subscription systems, even if it's not that expensive, because it makes me feel like I have to play all the time, and I don't. As for shopping online, I have no experience with how the 360 does it, but they all have it so you can buy and download games. I'd probably have to go with the Wii on that one, cause it's simple and easy to use. Oh, and the 360 loses points for not having a built in Wi-Fi adapter.

File storage? ... The Wii loses, end of story on that one (until they come out with a hard drive for the Wii or something. You have USB ports, Nintendo! USE THEM!!).

Really, it all comes down to what kind of games you like best, because that's what a game console should be, to play games you like. If I had my way, I would own all three. Or at the very least, a Wii and 360. So I'm already half way there!

But I like to mod my consoles so I can play Homebrew and backups (it's nice not having to carry around all my DS cards... when I used to be able to do that. Can't since I got a DSi). If we take that into account, the Wii wins, as it is the easiest to mod, while the PS3 loses, cause no one's trying for some reason. 360, I don't like messing with the hardware it self (it's not a PC...), do you?

Last edited:

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • What about the PS360 owners? I personally don't have a Wii nor do I intend to get one so I don't make statements on the Wii other than on the occasional exclusive games that I want (Muramasa: want).
    Oh. Sure, this is basically just a thread for those who are not Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo 'elitists'.
    As long as you understand each of the console's pros and cons, I'm sure you can post in this thread without being flamed.

Years
  • I've had all three at some point (360 caught RROD, >_>), so I guess I can give my opinion.

The Ps3 seems to be more for people who love an overall sleeker looking system. The game selection isn't as diverse and good as 360, but there are still some good games for it, such as Resistance. I also like the fact that in the Playstation Store, they've made a section for classion PSone games to make a return, like Tekken 2, Jet Moto, and Crash Bandicoot. There's also the fact that online service is free, so that's a BIG plus for people not wanting to shell out the extra money to play with people worldwide. I've heard about hard drive crashes and things like that, but I've had my Ps3 for almost two years now, and nothing like that has occured, so I can't comment on that until I experience it.

The 360, in my opnion, in the best system. It has the best diversity in terms of game selection, and the best online multiplayer. The 360's controller was just made for FPS games, it doesn't get much better playing those online. However, there are always the issues, like the CONSTANT RROD of the kids that just trash talk you on Xbox Live for no apparent reason. If you can live with those things, though, I would go with the 360 as the best.

The Wii is very... Different. It's not bad, and I commend Nintendo into going into unexplored territory, but it's obvious the Wii was made for parties and get togethers. Sure, it has it's share of good games here and there (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, anyone?), but the Wii is best played with at least three or four other people, and for that reason, it can't be as good as the Ps3 and the 360, because everyone wants their alone time with their system every once in a while. Hell, we all play Pokemon by ourselves, and it's usually best that way, lol.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • Have all 3 (hence why I'm in this thread) So here we go.

Wii: While very fun for awhile, sometimes even long periods of time, it does get rather boring, due to the lack of (read: good) online multiplayer. In split screen multiplayer though, this consoe is probably really good, seeing as almost all the games I have have some kind of split screen so you and your friends or whatever can come by and play, but I really can't say, I never play split screen on the Wii. The games are... decent, Brawl and Mario Cart definitely taking the bast on the games I have for it. And while it is a weak system, I can say graphics don't make the game (to all those who think graphics are everything). But out of the three, it is my least favorite, due to my own preferences.

What I think it's main specialty is: Family gaming.

---

PS3: Nice (but grossly over-priced at the time I got it) and fairly good system, but it's more like the swiss army knife of the 3 consoles. It can do everything, but doesn't excel in any one thing. The controller is aweful for FPS in my opinion, it is too cramped for me, and could have gone with a different controller design. The online gaming is free, but since it's free, it's not that great. Games seem to lose connection rather quickly, or every other game, and the chat online is awful with bluetooth headsets. I say that because you can't mute your own mic, and it's an absolute pain to turn down the volume itself to receive. So that results in someone's mic blaring through the speakers (or your headset) throughout the entire game, and if the game doesn't have a easy access mute button, it makes you literally facedesk several times. The exclusives on this system (like all 3 have their own great exclusives) are rather amazing, mostly with the note of Metal Gear Solid 4. The system also takes its place as an adequate movie and general media player. And due to the recent price drop, it is probably more affordable for an online gamer due to the free online and comparable price to the Xbox 360. and as my own note, I hate how I can't play my music in-game.

It's specialty: General Media (except in-game damn you!) And single player games. And great backwards compatibility.

---

Xbox 360: This is the online gamer's console. With a great online interface and system, it is very easy to keep track of your friends, send messages, check things on your profile online from your computer, and much more. Due to recent up-dates you can now download full Xbox 360 games, not just Xbox originals. While it's backwards compatibility isn't full with all the older games *cries inside for BattleField:2 and Metal Gear Solid 2* there is a rather good selection of popular older games. The online gaming is fantastic, and while the stock headsets break often (and wireless headsets can be shorted out by lighting *cries for my 60 damn dollar Halo 3 headset that got fried from the first lighting strike of the day* They do work well, the muting system is great, so you can go mute-mute-mute on all the pre-pubescent kids that infect xbox live (and yes, I know there are children here who have xbox live, I don't care) And the headsets are quick and easy to use. The games itself are great, this is probably a mainly FPS friendly game system in my opinion, with the controller excellently designed. The exclusives here are probably the best from the 3, if you're looking at shotters anyway, with Halo 3 on the top (of course). And while this system does have the highest failure rate, with its RROD and all, and it has happened to me, it is still my favorite console of the bunch.

Specialty: Online Gaming

------

Wow, did I just type all that? That HAS to be the longest post I've ever done. May edit moar stuff in laters.

Years
  • PS3 is on my wishlist now, especially with the price drop (yeah, I'm cheap).

Currently I own a Wii and a 360. As far as which I like better, it's a mixed bag. The 360 has such a heavy emphasis on FPS games (a genre I really don't care for, to be honest; I mean, it's ok, but it's certainly not my favorite) which lowers it a little for me, and there's always the risk of it not working the next time it get's turned on, but overall, I like it the best. I'm really old-school when it comes to games, so I like the 360 because it's a more traditional console. Also, let us not forget... it's in HD, one of the Wii's biggest detractors.

The Wii is ok, and I find myself playing it quite a bit (Galaxy, TP, SPM, etc.), but... it get's tiresome after a while. The whole novelty factor of the motion controls wore off after about a week (I'm lazy, what can I say), and too many of the games have an emphasis on that. Plus, need I not forget... the shovelware. This is is something that bothers me quite a bit. Nintendo used to pride themselves in their "Seal of Quality" process... now, their willing to put just about anything on the Wii, even if it's complete crap, just to make more money... I mean, the first party stuff is still great, but some of the 3rd party stuff is just pure garbage, and is giving the console a bad reputation. There are plenty of other obvious annoying factors (no HD, lack of decent online play, etc.), but I think I've made my point.

Before I define a truly favorite console, I'd like to buy the PS3 first. As of now, though, I'd say the 360 takes a slight advantage. I like the Wii, don't get me wrong, but it definitly has room for improvement at this point (HD and online multiplayer are a big deal these days).

Back