• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSX emulator 4 PSP

Darkblade

The Ultimate Espeon Fanatic
    Years
    Hey y'all, could someone please tell me the name of a PSX emulator for the PSP, thanks, and a hyperlink will be even better!

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    It's built into the Firmware. Make sure you have a psp with a Custom Firmware, and why are you asking this in here?

Darkblade

Years
    Because, its called 'Emulation' and I need an 'emulator'.

So, what your saying is, that I only need the ISO of the game, and it'll work?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Since Firmware 3.00 Sony has built into the firmware a PSX (PS1 in the UK) Emulator. You are meant to buy the games from the playstation store using a PS3 but since Dark_Alex popped along we could convert our own game ISO's to Bin files link to a video
    https://www.psphacking101.com/node/51

S_L

Darkblade

Years
    The files are already bin, so does that mean i just have to pop the games and the emulator, and I'm on my merry way? and thanks for the video. Also, will it work with the latest firmware? 3.71 i think it is

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    The files are already bin, so does that mean i just have to pop the games and the emulator, and I'm on my merry way? and thanks for the video. Also, will it work with the latest firmware? 3.71 i think it is

erm...no...no...NO! lol..POP converted games wont work on 3.71...because its an official firmware..you need custom firmware...and a downgrader! pops uses the psp's eboot system to convert disk images to the 'EBOOT.PBP' files which are a PSP format, these are a homebrew coded base which enables users to play exact copys of their ps1 games, providing you have custom firmware, no emulator is needed..the games run off it like any game demo you download of the site..

disk image codecs that pops GUI can convert (a converter by zingua burga)

ISO >>>> EBOOT
    BIN >>>> EBOOT
    CUE >>>> EBOOT

custom firmware is cool! because... well you get everything free...you can play most games from most consoles, i play my hacks and everything on my psp..

a list of custom firmware is

2.71 SE
    2.81 SE
    3.02 OE-A
    3.02 OE-B
    3.03-OE-A
    3.03 OE-B
    3.03 OE-C
    3.10 OE-A
    3.10 OE-A'
    3.30 OE-A
    3.30 OE-A'
    3.40 OE-A
    3.51 M33-1
    3.51 M33-2
    3.51 M33-3
    3.51 M33-4
    3.51 M33-5
    3.51 M33-6
    3.51 M33-7
    3.52 M33-1
    3.52 M33-2
    3.52 M33-3
    3.52 M33-4
    3.71 M33

you need to be able to downgrade your official sony firmware to update to these...sorry if you have a 3.51 psp or above..as theres only a 3.50 downgrade

P.S. i would normally brag about my hacked and homemade psp! (i made it from scratch) but im not..because thats mean, but keep your head up and stop updating..sony suck at firmware updates..

maybe if there isnt a downgrade (i mean if no one comes up with one for more that 6 months)..you should consider getting a motherboard change..or get someone to do it for you..

i know a little about PSP modification due to the fact i helped to code the DAEDALUS R12 (N64 emulator that runs fairly fast) so if anybody needs help on psp's or sony consoles, just ask!

Last edited:

Darkblade

Years
    Does anyone here know how to use PSX-P Beta 1, (an emulator for the psp, designed to play ps1 roms) and could you please answer in full detail or please provide a hyperlink, thanks

Last edited:

Darkblade

Years
    I read on their homepage that all you have to do is put it on, its ready, so that wouldn't work on the latest, wouldn't it?

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    you need custom firmware sorry dude only way you could play them is to buy them of the ps3 playstation store downgrade then upgrade to cfw then you'd be good also im not responsible if you brick your psp in the process

btw currenty theres only 1 way to downgrade 3.71 thats with the pandora's battery

Good luck!

Years
    To make a Pandora's battery you need a homebrew enabled PSP so unless you have a friend then you need to but one. Datel sells them I think.

To get the files you need use something called Pandora's Box GUI. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Back