• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psychic,dark or ghost

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    For weakness covering, Ghost is probably the best. Covers Normal and Fight types which can be pretty scary in competitive play.
    However you might want a dual typing for better coverage and a more diverse move pool.

Physco

2+2=5
    Years
  • Even though I ♥ Dark-Types, I have to go with Dark. lol
    My Honchkrow was the boss on my team and helped with Lucian, Aaron, and Fantina.
    My second choice would be Ghost.
    I dont like Psychic, even though my name kind changes that. :P

Crystal Spirit Version

Awesome mapper, Smart fella
    Years
  • Ghost, cos ghosts are awesome and its my favourite type and most of my fav pkmn are ghost types, but i suppose psychic types are stronger.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In terms of type advantage, I'm saying the Dark type because it hits supereffectively against Psychic and Ghost.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Psychic if you want a sp atk powerhouse.
    Dark... I think is the new overpowered type if there could be said to be one; it works pretty well in general, like normal.
    Ghost is probably best defensively for the reasons Snaggle P. gave.

In terms of type advantage, I'm saying the Dark type because it hits supereffectively against Psychic and Ghost.
    This thread isn't to compare the listed types against each other, but I think: how their fare in general.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Psychic has been really good at least in game for a long time. Dark imo is kind of meh, and Ghost is often gimmicky, so I would go with a nice Psychic tbh. Reuniclus y/y

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • This is a very broad question. :S I prefer using ghost-types as they have more resistances and even an immunity, and they usually have better defensive stats and a decent movepool. Dark-types and psychic-types are usually offensively based, and it's hard to fit them nto my competitive teams because of that reason - although I prefer using Psychic and Dark type moves, as they cover more types than Ghost does.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Imo I think dark is worst. While it has a few "okay" attacks, aka Dark Pulse, Pursuit, Payback, I just generally don't ever find any use for dark Pokemon on my teams. Ghosts, like Gengar/Jellicent can be amazing overall, and with higher sPA, shadow ball usually hurts the opponent a lot, but Psychic types, Reuniclus, Latios, Alakazam, Jirachi and Deoxys-S can be amazing not only for their sPA but their speed (minus the former). So really, draw for Psychic/Ghost. :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Dark is bad. It has bad coverage and weaknesses to Bug and Fighting; which are both common types in competitive battling. Psychic is amazing for offense and the fact that they usually have wide move pools but they have bad defensive typing. Ghost is mediocre since they usually have bad Hp. ;-; But w/e Psychic > everything.

Back