• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PT: Search for the last member

Arma

The Hyena
Years
  • Hey guys, I started a new game on platinum a few days weeks ago. This time I want to beat the game without using any pokemon that can't be found in the game ( I traded over a Shroomish egg the first time, and used him a lot) Anyway, I'm havin some troubles on deciding the last member of my team. Suggestions are welcome! Oh, and some item suggestions are also greatly appreciated, as I never actually paid any attention to them.

Infernape♂
    Adamant
    -Fire Punch
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge/Mach Punch
    -Swords Dance

I guess I got quite lucky with an adamant Chimchar, I doubt this would be a bad set.

Staraptor♂
    Docile
    -Close Combat
    -Fly
    -Return
    -Quick Attack

I've been doubting whether I should use Honchkrow or him, but I just decided to raise this fella, as I caught him earlier. I know his nature isn't that spectacular, but hey, it's better then modest.

Roserade♀ @Heat Rock
    Timid
    -Sunny Day
    -Solar Beam
    -Weather Ball
    -Shadow Ball

Pffft. Why did I have to use that shiny stone so early... -.-"
    Roserade doesn't learn any moves by level up, so I guess I'll go with this

Porygon-Z
    Rash
    -Nasty Plot
    -Tri Attack
    and 2 of the following:
    Ice Beam/thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/ Signal Beam

Never raised him, or anyone from his evo line, I really want to try him out. Oh and I need some serious moveset suggestions.

Mismagius♀:
    Bold
    -Energy Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Power Gem
    -Shadow Ball

Can't get Nasty Plot on this one, as I don't have a Spiritomb, I'll guess this'll do though.

Octillery♂ @Quick Claw
    Hardy
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Rock Blast
    -Flamethrower

He might be terribly slow, but he's got great offensive stats, and some fantastic moves.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Choose Garchomp

Garchomp Has Good Attack And Has A Range Of Moves

You Can Catch It As A Gible or Gabite

You Find Gible In Wayward Cave and Gabite In Victory Road

Hope This Helps

Years
  • Hey guys, I started a new game on platinum a few days ago. This time I want to beat the game without using any pokemon that can't be found in the game ( I traded over a Shroomish egg the first time, and used him a lot) Anyway, I'm havin some troubles on deciding the last member of my team. Suggestions are welcome! Oh, and some item suggestions are also greatly appreciated, as I never actually paid any attention to them.

Infernape♂
    Adamant
    -Fire Punch
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge/Mach Punch
    -Swords Dance

I guess I got quite lucky with an adamant Chimchar, I doubt this would be a bad set.

Staraptor♂
    Docile
    -Close Combat
    -Fly
    -Return
    -Quick Attack

I've been doubting whether I should use Honchkrow or him, but I just decided to raise this fella, as I caught him earlier. I know his nature isn't that spectacular, but hey, it's better then modest.

Roserade♀
    Timid
    -Petal Dance
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Shadow Ball
    -Leech Seed

Or

-Sunny Day
    -Solar Beam
    -Weather Ball
    -Synthesis

Or

-Toxic
    -Leech Seed
    -Ingrain
    -Protect

All sets seem tempting, though I guess I'll probably stick with the first one.

I already got the above 3, so I won't be able to breed them for new moves or better natures.

Porygon-Z
    Modest
    -Nasty Plot
    -Tri Attack
    and 2 of the following:
    Ice Beam/thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/ Signal Beam

Never raised him, or anyone from his evo line, I really want to try him out. Oh and I need some serious moveset suggestions.

Anyway, these 4 will be on my team for sure, don't even think about replacing these.

Golduck♂
    bashful
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind

IDK, I'm thinking about replacing him, I already got a Psyduck, but I really don't know whether I should continue to raise him or not.

Well, that's my team so far, please don't suggest any legendaries, except maybe Azelf. Oh, and no Gyarados, or Alakazam, or Gengar, or Garchomp!

Thank you for reading!

Keep that Psyduck! Golduck is an awesome Water-type.

For a Psychic-type that is not Alakazam... since you're playing Platinum, you could get Eevee from Bebe and evolve it into Espeon. Great Sp. Atk this thing has.

Oh, and keep Porygon-Z, good Sp. Atk stat. A Modest nature is a good match-up.

You can check out Marriland's Team Builder if you're having trouble.

Good Luck.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • @Mudkipzrock: Man I'd totally put a Swampert up my team if he was available in platinum.

@Hikari10: Sorry, I already decided to drop Golduck. I also don't need a Psychic type, because I decided to raise a Mismagius (currently a Misdreavus).

Anyway, here's the moveset for latest member of my team:

Missy the Mismagius:
    Bold
    -Nasty Plot
    -Power Gem
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    I would still choose water over ice. Gyarados are really powerful (you can teach it a ton of good moves) as well as milotic (hard to catch). I wish there were more water pokemon in platinum

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I think I've finally found the last member of my team!

Octillery
    Hardy
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Rock Blast
    -Flamethrower

I also edited some of the movesets, please give them a look.

Back