• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Puberty

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    At what age did you start puberty? What changes have you noticed in yourself? Are you still undergoing puberty?

The answers will determinate if I'm normal

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Seventh grade, so when I was like twelve. I remember everyone on the first day of school going "your voice changed!"

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I think I was 14. I was in ninth grade when my voice started cracking, which was embarrassing only because it was so late.

BUT I'M ALL MAN NOW

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I was like 10 when I started going through puberty I think. I know I had a deeper voice than anyone I knew and still do lol but everyone was scared of me because I sounded like an old man.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I think I was 14. I was in ninth grade when my voice started cracking, which was embarrassing only because it was so late.

BUT I'M ALL MAN NOW

I was late too!!!! (Probably about that late if we're after specifics like) We need a #LateBloomerMasterRace club here so we can truly enforce the fact that we're cooler than those god damn early birds.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    So I'm not the only late bloomer here, thank God. I started around 14 and half.

Yukari

Sounds pretty young compared to you guys.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I hit puberty at a pretty young age, and it was really no fun at all. I went to a catholic primary school that didn't teach any sex ed whatsoever so for a while I was confused as hell. Being physically mature when you're not mentally mature enough to handle it really isn't any fun at all. My parents were pretty useless through the whole thing too. I had to learn how to shave from my brother, who I'm pretty sure taught himself. My poor shaving technique also lead to razor bumps and acne problems. So suffice to say those years weren't the fondest of my life.

On the bright side I was good at sport for a while, but unfortunately I'm naturally a klutz, so when the other kids caught up to me in size, my advantage waned {XD}

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I was probably around 9-11. I can't remember. My puberty was weird. The first part was really early, but the last parts probably hit around 19/20 years old. I wouldn't say I was sexually mature until that age.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I guess periods are the sign of puberty starting for girls? Gonna go with that. I started puberty in sixth grade then. I was lucky to have a sister just a year older than me, old enough that she experienced things before me but not so old that she wasn't close to me to explain/help. I guess all the normal changes happened - I got hips, I started having sexual interests, I became hairier ( :( ), etc. etc.

I am no longer in puberty.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    I began puberty the week after 7th grade started in 2005. I remember I started getting very sexual a lot & began growing hair in places and thought there was something wrong. I'm 21 now & look a lot younger then my age but I'm fine with it cuz it just means ill look younger when I'm older xD

Sirfetch’d

As far as I can remember I was 13 or so? I really don't remember my exact age but all I remember is people telling me how weird I sounded with my new voice and how no one recognized me xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was 11 and in 7th grade when I hit puberty. It was HORRIFYING, especially when I told my mom about it she was like "I'M CALLING EVERYONE ABOUT THIS AMAZING TRANSITION OMG MY BABY IS GROWING UP" and to this day I shiver in embarassment.

Years
    I was about 10

Growth spurt (and I was already tall :')), "urges", interest in girls and romance (and genitals...), started getting a tad hairier. I have no idea when the voice changing happened though to be honest. Probably twelve.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think it started in the 5th. grade when I started to grow a mustache. I hate shaving, I started shaving at the end of 6th. grade year because it started to get out of control. I think my voice started to get lower in 8th. grade.

Back