• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Public Transport!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I try to avoid it, but I've used it for certain events, like going to Disney Land and stuff.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I prefer to drive/be driven, but if close enough, I'll walk. Taxis are another option I don't really mind, but everything else (Trains, buses, etc.) bother me, because of the amount of people in them.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm not against public transit, it's just not super practical where I live.

I've ridden on and love the Paris Métro the New York MTA systems. They are fast and cheap. And they had stops all over the place. Get on where you want, get off where you want. A new train arrives every couple of minutes. Add in buses and you're covered.

I've ridden the TTC here in Toronto once. It was so slow. I could have looped Manhattan in the time it took to travel that short distance. The price is ridiculous and the track is a U-loop that leaves barren the bulk of the city. It's embarrassing. We also have street cars, because Canada's largest city likes to operate on transportation technology from the 1950s.

I was okay with our bus though. Not that I've ridden it much. I drive or get a ride. But it was effectively...buslike and what I expected. Our subway needs a major kick in the pants though

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't use buses usually except to the mall when I'm at school, because it's so easy and free. :3 But in New York I looooove using the subway, it's super fun. I even have a shirt based on the R train because that's my favorite one. Yes I have a favorite subway line in NY. xD;;

Ayselipera

I drive everywhere, but when I was younger my cousins and I used to take the city bus since none of us could drive at the time and it gave us something to do. The only time I use public transportation now is every once in a while when going into Boston. Only because parking and driving through the city can be a huge hassle.

If I remember correctly I don't think train tickets are too much and the quality isn't amazing, but it's nothing I can't tolerate.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I haven't ridden in public transportation often. When I do, it's usually in buses. However, I'd rather be driven to my stop most of the time to save money.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I use public transportation daily, since I lack a car. I usually walk to work, it's only about 10-15 minutes max away from where I live. For other things like shopping, I'll use the public transportation that is provided for our city.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I use public transport when I need to, I dont really like it because it's uncomfy and I have an irantional fear that when I'm on a bus it's going to fall over or something.

I mean if it's local I generally try to get my dad to take me, or I walk...
    But public transport is nice, I dont mind going on trains - As long as I'm with other people. Of course I hate going places alone because I get lonley, scared, and I'll probably get lost too, I still wonder how I managed to get lost on the way too my friends house actually, I've been there about a million times.. o.o :x

tl;dr
    Yes I do use and enjoy public transport

And it's great for stalking people.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    No, I usually don't use public transportation, but I have been on a few trains and bus in my life. I also take the bus every morning to school because my best friend rides it, but I don't think that counts :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I used it quite a bit back in college. A car was too expensive for me to insure and parking fees were ridiculous, not to mention the evil parking patrol officers. Not that I liked public transportation - our buses were dirty and filled with sketchy people (one guy actually sold marijuana to another passenger with me sitting right next to the guy:/ )

But hey, it was cheap and it got me where I needed to go, so I put up with the downsides to it.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    As of right now, I have to drive like 10 minutes to even get near something that isn't houses or farms :P so driving it is for me.

however, i'm moving to the city next month for school and there are campuses around the city and in order to get anywhere in a timely manner, I have to take public transportation which isn't bad at all really. I'll be using it a loooot in the near future so I have to get used to it haha :)

Last edited:

Narcissist

Living Libertine
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Due to my school being in a completely different town to where I live, I have to take a train to and from every day. In the summer it can be stifling with so many people packed into tiny carriages all trying to get to the same place, and it's often late in the winter because of weather conditions. I'd rather walk to school but it's just too far away.

All my friends from school live in different towns so I often have to catch trains and buses to see them. I don't mind but the cost can add up.
    Will probably be much easier when I'm old enough to start driving.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My city has tons and tons of public transportation but I barely use any of it. I've never once been on a bus here (my mom is absolutely paranoid of them and has even come home on her lunch break to drive me to a friend's house so I won't have to take one...). I have taken the subway often enough though. Pretty much any time I go to or from downtown. And I guess I use the streetcars sometimes too but they actually confuse me a bit so I only do when my mom's there. XD;

When I'm at school, the bus is my only means of transportation though. A yearly pass is included in my tuition so all I have to do is show my student ID. I take them a lot and living near a bus route is very important to me there.

Back