• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Publishing a game with Essentials 13

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
So my game's finally at a point where I feel like I'm ready to release a beta, but I still can't publish it, which if I recall correctly is due to the compression issues of Essentials 13.

When I select 'compress game data', it finishes compressing okay, and says 'successfully compressed game data'. But when I go into the new game folder and try to extract, all I get is an error that says 'extract failed'.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way around this error and could help me out so that I can finally make a release?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
I saw someone asking this before. If I remember correctly you just need to remove all the audio files before compressing, and then add them inside the right folder along your game's files. I had this problem with a non Pokémon RPG Maker XP game I made and I had to do that. Hope this helps.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Thanks a lot for you help, that definitely fixed my first problem. Unfortunately a new one came up though upon opening the game.

An error came up referring to the SpriteWindow script section line 1998, saying 'NoMethodError' occured, undefined method 'length' for nil:NilClass. The corresponding script section says:

def seek(x,mode=0)
@pos=x if mode==0
@pos+=x if mode==1
@[email protected]+x if mode==2
@pos=0 if @pos<0
@[email protected] if @pos>@s.length
end

I don't understand much scripting so this goes mostly over my head : (. From what I can tell I need to define 'length', but it's used all over the place in tons of different scripts so I can't see the problem or how to fix it.

Thanks again for you help.

Years
This is a known bug, the class StringInput is messed up in v13. I would suggest reverting that class to the version from v12, I think that will fix it. Not entirely sure if that's all, let me know if I'm wrong.

Back