• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
  • This show is what you get when SHAFT makes a mahou shoujo show with Urobuchi Gen.

I watched it while it was airing and I think that it's one of those shows that are fun when you don't know exactly what's it about. I mean, back then, most people were skipping this because it was mahou shoujo, and most people who watched this were watching it because it was a mahou shoujo show made by SHAFT and Urobuchi Gen.

It was a great show and I'm looking forward to the movies. Too bad we'll have to wait a lot for the last movie with extra content.

Bashiyoto

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    Considering the hype around this show I'm surprised I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I know it's a deconstruction of the magical girl genre and some of the major plot points and I'm definitely interested.

The backlash after the show was over in some of the other communities I frequent was crazy. Especially after the show started winning awards.

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
    Years
  • You didn't kill it...

Huzzah, I'm in luck!

And now, something new to talk about! What kind of wish do you think Walpurgisnacht made? I mean, it had to be a pretty big one for her to be able to kill thousands of people just by appearing.

For that question, I think it's challenging to say. After all, it can't be too strong (as in Madoka strong) but like you said, it shouldn't be weaker... For some reason I think her wish is along the lines of "I wish everyone in this city can be happy"... If she's resentful, well, then I'd guess she wished to destroy the city? Excuse me as I speak my nonsense... ;;

I think the PSP of Madoka Magica tells more about the story than the actual anime. I can't really blame the anime for being "short", but the PSP game gives you an opportunity to look into the characters more and see what they'd do in some "what if" clauses.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Oh, and the soundtrack for this was INCREDIBLE. Yuki Kajiura at her finest, in my opinion. I've always been a bit hit-or-miss with her work, but this was definitely in the former category. Not the best I've heard in anime, but amongst the best~
    I can't believe I forgot to mention anything about the soundtrack! I think this may be my favourite TV anime soundtrack to date. It's just excellent and it's been my background music almost constantly for the last two months. It's so haunting and wonderful.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I think the PSP of Madoka Magica tells more about the story than the actual anime. I can't really blame the anime for being "short", but the PSP game gives you an opportunity to look into the characters more and see what they'd do in some "what if" clauses.
    Maybe something will be shown in the 3rd movie =)

Back