• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Punk

Brittany

Back?
Years
  • This thread will be devoted to the discussion of Punk, and all of it's many forms.

Whether its' the Punk-Rock style of music or hardcore anarchy on a bun, we can discuss it all here.

We can also make a club... but I fear that making a club will make more posts be like "Hey I'm a punk, can I join?!" rather than actually discussing our views and ideas about Punk.

As for me, I can see problems in the government, but I don't recommend Anarchy. I like the music, and the basic 'style' that most punks have. I'm a little into unconformity, for example, I won't wear what everyone else wears, because it's 'cool', I just wear what I like. I won't dress all crazy just to be different though... that kinda ruins being punk altogether.

Anyway, that just gives you an idea of how 'punk' I am.
    Punk is all about... staying true to what you think in my opinion... if you just follow that rule alone, the rest of it will come to you naturally.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I am not exactly unconformist, but I dont give in to "trends". I like what I like and if other people think that is uncool...who cares? I think people should be who they are and not what "celebrityism" tells them to be.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • What about The Hives? They have a style of thier own and dont really sound like anyone else. What do you guys think about them?

kill.harp

Kagemane master
    Years
  • I don't want to flame, and I regret that this may be that, but why did you create another thread? The Rock thread already went through this.

Either way I disagree with everything you said.

If people want to be punk, it's the internet, so let them be and they can be whatever they want.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • kill.harp said:
    I don't want to flame, and I regret that this may be that, but why did you create another thread? The Rock thread already went through this.

Either way I disagree with everything you said.

If people want to be punk, it's the internet, so let them be and they can be whatever they want.
    The Rock thread isn't Punk.

And what do you mean? I never said anyone wasn't punk. I just described myself. People don't have to be just like me to be punk. I'm just trying to get some convos started by picking a subject most punks will be able to relate to

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • LFP16 said:
    I'm just trying to get some convos started by picking a subject most punks will be able to relate to
    See that is the one thing I do not like. I cant stand that people are labeled "Punk" "Prep" etc. Why cant everyone just do whatever they wanna do insted of trying to fit in a catagory?

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • amphros23 said:
    See that is the one thing I do not like. I cant stand that people are labeled "Punk" "Prep" etc. Why cant everyone just do whatever they wanna do insted of trying to fit in a catagory?
    I'm not forcing anyone to fit into a catagory, but you gotta admit most of us 'punks' have a lot in common. Anyway, this thread is about punk, not trying to conform everyone into being a punk.

You wouldn't tell the British club in PC to stop liking Britain, would you?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I dont know what catagory I fit in. Even thought I dont wanna be in a catagory, I have to be in one.

Anyway, what other bands would you guys consider Punk?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Well if I dont have a catagory, that means I am in the nothing catagory. *gets tired of this subject and leaves even though I brought it up*

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I think the penguin thing definetly puts you in that catagory! Also that Punk Ampharos you made is in that catagory too.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Uh.... that punk Amphy was not punk XD. I did it as a skate punk to send up the whole "skate punk is punk" thing XD.

edit: And I'm wondering how liking penguins makes me punk...

Last edited:

kill.harp

Kagemane master
    Years
  • If you wanna be punk Amara, you're punk.

Amphros, some good punk bands (all different kinds)

Blood for Blood
    Blood Brothers (they have a huge punk influence in thier music)
    Bikini Kill (riot grrl is still punk at heart)
    AFI (punk roots and such)
    Fugazi
    Descendents
    Bad Religion
    Misfits
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    NoFX
    The Unseen
    (other classics like...)
    Dropkick Murpheys
    Ramones
    Sex Pistols

the list goes on, those are a couple i came up with quickly, but yea, you get the point.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Why is sum41 and greenday not there? C'MON!!

Well anyway, I think punk is fine, I dont have many problems with it. It's just all the poser-skaters that bother me..

BOO ya! C'MON!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • If you haven't noticed.. punk isn't really a group(like preps or goths) either. It's still a way of thinking.

It's not like punks just give up their old friends, and just pick up new 'punk' friends because they thats the group they want to be in. Punks just keep thier old status, and pick up a new way of thinking(which usually also picks up the music style, and sometimes the clothes...)

How many true punks can you pick out of a crowd, like you could with preps or goths, just by looking at them? I'm with kill.harp, if you wanna be a punk, you pretty much are one...

Nobody can really deny you the status 'punk' because nobody knows how you think.
    Dakota said:
    Well anyway, I think punk is fine, I dont have many problems with it. It's just all the poser-skaters that bother me..

BOO ya! C'MON!
    I seriously still haven't gotten what the connection with punks and skaters are! Everyone that wants to be a punk, just has to be a skater too!

I also noticed, that there are punks that are really goth too, but I think that's because most punks are also unconformist. Goth's are pretty much as far from conformity that you can get(besides with themselves XD)

Last edited:
    Back