• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Quality of Platinum sprites...

Elena

¦:-]
    Years
    What do you think of them? It differs from sprite to sprite for me, but mostly I think the Platinum sprites are bad quality compared to the D/P sprites.
    For example:
    Buizel in Platinum is okay... it has a more dynamic pose as apposed to the more static pose of D/P, BUT I feel as if the detail and quality of the sprite is worse.
    And Lickilicky in Platinum looks like it is going to tip over in my opinion.
    And Glaceon in platinum has a more static sprite then in D/P AND is a worse quality.
    These are only a few of my opinions.
    What are yours?

Years
    I love the new gym leader sprites <3

Also, (this counts as a sprite) the bit when the colored bar appears from nowhere with the leader's face is cool :D Good idea to extend it further then just for e4 lol

Monty Kensicle

"Wowsers!"
    Years
    Shellos reminds me of Happy Snake.

Quality of Platinum sprites...

Happy Shellos is happy.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Shellos looks really weird! I did't liked hippopotas and hippodon's new sprites. They looked better when their mouths were open:P.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    I think some of the new sprites are brilliant, but there is a few i don't like. Take Snover, for example. What have they done to the poor thing?? It looks kinda retarded now >.< Its eyes are way too close together.

Kagura

..what?
    Years
    I also love the new sprites.
    However I have one small gripe. I don't like Gyarados's sprite, how it just jerks downwards after moving seems, meh. But overall I don't mind the new sprites at all. :)

Ayselipera

I liked the new sprites especially for Glaceon, Gardevoir, and Froslass.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    In my conjecture, the sprites are improved to be much better. The Diamond and Pearl sprites were alright, but with the new sprites in Platinum such as, Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig, it was a lot more better looking. The only ones I seem to find looking 'clay-like' is Budew, Roselia and some others. Other than that, I like the difference in them compared to the Diamond and Pearl sprites. To me the new Pikachu looks a lot cuter than before as well. Piplup's face looks a bit flattened out in my opinion though.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    What do you think of them? It differs from sprite to sprite for me, but mostly I think the Platinum sprites are bad quality compared to the D/P sprites.
    For example:
    Buizel in Platinum is okay... it has a more dynamic pose as apposed to the more static pose of D/P, BUT I feel as if the detail and quality of the sprite is worse.
    And Lickilicky in Platinum looks like it is going to tip over in my opinion.
    And Glaceon in platinum has a more static sprite then in D/P AND is a worse quality.
    These are only a few of my opinions.
    What are yours?

Finally some one notices it too! I see people say there better but really if you had shown me some of the more so/so ones with out telling me there official and Id think they were done by fans. Lets face it some are just not up to standard of even a GBA sprite. I get the feeling they may have rushed some of the sprites or not bother to revamp them.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Oh, I liked them in general. Most seemed to be improved pose-wise, but they seemed to have a little less detail and shading, sadface. I do have a complaint, though.

WTF DID THEY DO TO IT? ;____;
    It looks severely overweight, it looks a little deformed, and the shading is just... no.

Back