• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quantity or Quality Posts

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    What do you believe in

Quality -
    Intelegent , smart , and usaully popular posts

Quantity - Fast , Short and Sweet Posts ........

I believe in both but quality makes more sense

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    not to mention wasting bandwidth (and all those memory/storage related problems)...

This topic is free to talk about again? Last time we didn't exactly have the best discussion about this as people are getting a bit too hyper and emotional, and at the same time not much good discussion came out of it... i think the last one got closed down...

either way, quality > quantity... post count doesn't do anything but increase a magical number. Quality sparks different thoughts and understandings in other readers' minds...

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Quality, all the way. I like to post those kind of posts, but sadly I don't have enough time. ;_;

Catriona

w0taylicious
    Years
    I'd say a healthy mix is good, I mean, you don't want a post saying "I agree", but you don't really want a great long one that takes forever to read through either.

Pezz

All Washed Up
    Years
    Quality. Quality beats the pants of quantity anyday XD! It's good to post often, but not so when there are just boring, spammy, pointless posts. So, a quality poster is better than one who has a very high post count, but posts things that are either irrelevant or pointless.

Of course, hopefully the quality posters will post a lot as well.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Well...

Back when I only posted in Ruby and Sapphire, I posted on average much longer posts than I do now, however only a few people really saw me or noticed me (Thankfully the staff did, and I got my spot). Once I became a moderator, I posted more often in the other sections and became well-known.

Quality is very important, if a post is short and poorly composed, no one will read it, and it's as good as not posting at all. However, if you post great quality but rarely post, people won't even get the chance to see your posts and all the work you put into them. You really have to strike a balance between the two, base don how much time you have to be on The Pok?mon Community.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Qu-a-li-ty.

Quantity means nothing. A higher postcount? Sure, it looks nice below your username and avatar or whatever, but it honestly doesn't mean anything. I like reading long posts that I can quote multiple times if needed. (I like quoting. It's fun. ^_^) I cannot STAND one/two-liners (I have a larger screen size, so two lines is more like one for me. ;p) I only do it if I'm saying some sort of witty remark which would be ruined with anything more. But for people to post all their thoughts and opinions on something in something like that... you don't know how ANNOYING that gets. I know it's often annoying to sift through long posts sometimes, but you often get to know the posters more when you read them. I often give out my thoughts on things through rambly posts (like this one~). =P

Quantity does count in a miniscule way... because if you post a lot, people will know you better, but I honestly couldn't care less if postcounts were deleted from view or something. x.x

I also can't stand it when people don't use proper grammar. It's hard to understand most of the time. ~_~;

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    What's with all the discussion -_- Isn't quality standard?:/:D:P

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    Well, Proper grammar is this.

Don't type fragmented sentences. A Fragmented sentence is missing a verb, subject, etc. Try completing your sentence so we won't get confused

Don't Type run on sentences. Don't sick 2 sentences into one. It won't cut it. Please seperate your sentences so your post becomes clearer.

Check your Spelling. Try to use your best spelling. If you spelt a word worng, use SPELL CHECK. Remember that Spell Check doesn't catch everything, so be careful when you type your post..

Thats sums it up. The basic knowledge of Good Grammar.

22sa

Years
    Haruka said:
    Well, Proper grammar is this.

Don't type fragmented sentences. A Fragmented sentence is missing a verb, subject, etc. Try completing your sentence so we won't get confused

Don't Type run on sentences. Don't sick 2 sentences into one. It won't cut it. Please seperate your sentences so your post becomes clearer.

Check your Spelling. Try to use your best spelling. If you spelt a word worng, use SPELL CHECK. Remember that Spell Check doesn't catch everything, so be careful when you type your post..

Thats sums it up. The basic knowledge of Good Grammar.
    Most people seem to not have been using proper grammer.

They might not be able to though, like frostweaver, he wouldn't be as good with grammer.:/

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Haruka said:
    Well, Proper grammar is this:

Don't type fragmented sentences. A fragmented sentence is missing a verb, subject, etc. Try completing your sentence so we won't get confused.

Don't type run on sentences. Don't stick two sentences into one. It won't cut it. Please separate your sentences so your post becomes clearer.

Check your Spelling. Try to use your best spelling. If you spelt a word wrong, use a spell checker. Remember that spell check doesn't catch everything, so be careful when you type your post..

That sums it up. The basic knowledge of Good Grammar.

I hate to nag, but I quoted you and fixed your errors and bolded them so you would know my corrections.

22sa

Years
    Haruka said:
    Well, you should pay more attention in English Class so you can learn the basics. This isn't hard, folks... You have to use what you learn here.
    No it is hard for some people, even if they do pay attention. English class is hard.:/

EDIT: Lol Kairi just corrected 8 errors. O_O

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    22sa said:
    No it is hard for some people, even if they do pay attention. English class is hard.:/
    You are just not trying hard enough... I can get the basic concepts..

Opps... I made some typos again on the last quality posts.. LOL... thanks for correcting me..

22sa

Years
    Haruka said:
    You are just not trying hard enough... I can get the basic concepts..

Opps... I made some typos again on the last quality posts.. LOL... thanks for correcting me..
    I wasn't talking about myself Haruka...

Back