• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question About Cosplaying

Years
    Hey, Tyler here. Just wondering if anyone here knows any stores in Ontario Canada, hopefully near Hamilton/Toronto area. I'm going to Anime North 2008 and I'm looking for a specific Bleach cosplay outfit. Specifically Toshiro Hitsugaya or Hisagi Shuuhei.

Or, if not a store, but a website? Has anyone ever ordered a costume online and the site is trustworthy?

Please and thank you,
    Tyler.

Galla

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    Heya!

Well, I know that in Square 1 (mall in Mississisauga) there is a shop called Animal World which had a few Naruto, Bleach, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts accessories. So you could probably find little tidbits for your costume there but definitely not the whole outfit.

I've seen plenty of good stuff on EBay but never bought an actually made costume myself though so sorry can't help you out there (that's because I cosplay as Dawn and got everything from separate locations, heh).

Best of luck at it though! :)

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I know that there are some sellers on eBay who have good selections, and from what I've seen of them they seem pretty trustworthy.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    If anywhere, I'd get a cosplay outfit from e-bay. I don't know about specific stores in Canada, or whether this place is even has branches in Canada, but you might want to see if 'Kinokuniya' has some. They'll definitely have accessories, since it's a store based in Japan anyway. It's mostly all imported stuff. xD The ones on e-bay usually come with most of the accessories you need and stuff, but I don't think they're as good quality as one made from an experienced cosplayer would be. xD

Years
    But most of the things on eBay are around $50 USD. Coming to a total of about $100 Canadian with shipping. :\

I was hoping that someone would know stores because they might be cheaper. Thanks for the help though!

Years
    Your best bet is to make them yourself because it would work out cheaper because I have done Axel Stone from Streets of Rage and Link from the Zelda games.

I have absolutely no clue how I would do that. How would I get the clothes to be the right shape, and what materials would I use and stuff. I was probably gonna make a Zanpakuto, but that's about it, no clue about clothing.

Years
    I have absolutely no clue how I would do that. How would I get the clothes to be the right shape, and what materials would I use and stuff. I was probably gonna make a Zanpakuto, but that's about it, no clue about clothing.

Do you have anyone in your family that can sew and is good withs clothes because if so go out and buy the material and give it to them with the design of who you want to be and hey presto you have your CosPlay Outfit.

Years
    Do you have anyone in your family that can sew and is good withs clothes because if so go out and buy the material and give it to them with the design of who you want to be and hey presto you have your CosPlay Outfit.

My mom can sew stuff together kinda she has a sewing machine, so I don't know if she can do clothes or not.

Galla

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    Or if you ever get really short on time, try to pick a character whose costume can be made just using regular pieces of clothing you can find in stores. I did that yesterday for a really quick Yami Bakura at a Yu-Gi-Oh! preview. :) Although that's only if you want a more "casual" version of the costume that you can also go around in on a daily basis.

Back