• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] question about cries

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    I am wondering,
    1. what format are the cries in first and second generation pokemon games in
    2. and where are they in first and second generation pokemon games
    I intend to convert generation 2 cries (the new ones) into generation 1 format
    also, what format are the cry data in in generation 1 and 2 for same reason as above

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
    Years
  • I am wondering,
    1. what format are the cries in first and second generation pokemon games in
    2. and where are they in first and second generation pokemon games
    I intend to convert generation 2 cries (the new ones) into generation 1 format
    also, what format are the cry data in in generation 1 and 2 for same reason as above
    What?

This is quite confusing, all cries are in wav format you can't convert gen 2 into gen 1 that absolutely makes no sense to be honest

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    that only answers one of the questions.
    there is a header for each cry in both games, labeled crydata in one of them. the one ab out that one is unanswered by your reply, also the question about where they are in generation 1 is unanswered as well.
    the confusing part is crystal seems to use word data for the cry header and red uses byte data.

Back