• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about current sets

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Im getting back into pokemon, almost strictly for nostalgia sake. That being said, Id like if I could get my hands on some of the older pokemon, specifically Gen1-2 and very small parts of 3. What current sets should I purchase? Ive gotten a few HS packs, but was wanting to make sure it was the best course of action before I commit $$$ to buying more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2012
    Your best bet would be Ebay, Fossil and Jungle will run you about 8 dollars a pack, while the Base set will cost around 15-20. Or buy a booster box for 400 dollars :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Your best bet would be Ebay, Fossil and Jungle will run you about 8 dollars a pack, while the Base set will cost around 15-20. Or buy a booster box for 400 dollars :)

I figured ebay for some of the older cards, sadly im on a major budget and dont really feel like scouring ebay for deals. More I want old pokemon, dont care if its on newer cards. That clarification made, what set should I buy from retailers like target walmart etc.?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Every new set is a mix of a few generations. All of the Heart Gold Soul Silver sets have first gen pokemon in them, but with booster packs you will get other gen pokemon as well. Out of the Black and White sets, the first three (Black and White, Emerging Powers, Noble Victories) do not have any generation except the newest one, but Next Destinies, Dark Explorers, and Dragons Exhalted do have some first gens.
    You can go for booster packs of those sets and hope to come across more first gen pokemon, but it would be a lot more cost effective to get singles.

Years
  • Scour the internet I know people selling their cards in singles and groups. Also in my area there are groups on Facebook where you can join and buy/sell things you may want to check to see if there are any local groups on Facebook in your area. Could be a cheap way to buy what you want.

Back