• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen question about ditto & breeding

Years
  • are there certain circumstances where it doesn't work?
    i don't understand why my ditto & jigglypuff "don't seem to like each other"

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
  • it means they're compatible, but don't like eachother that much.
    i think it just means it'll take a little longer.
    something to do with natures.

Years
  • oOo thanks
    i tried male and female and then a wigglytuff and igglybuff but it just wasn't working
    i'll leave it a little longer though:]
    thanks

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
  • It happened to me too.
    it says something else..
    when..
    they're not compatible..
    i just don't remember.
    trying for an all jigglypuff team?

Years
  • well my ditto has a "hasty" nature so i took one of my Jigglypuff with a "hasty" nature and it still isn't working.
    actually i'm trying to get a shiny jigglypuff haha

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • iirc, Iggly won't breed.

if it says anything but "They prefer to play with other pokemon rather than each other" then they SHOULD breed eventually...

Monty Kensicle

"Wowsers!"
    Years
  • It has to do with your trainer ID. If you caught both Pokemon yourself, then they both have the same trainer ID number and then the game tells you your Pokemon will take longer to breed.

If you caught Ditto on other game and sent it to breed on your cartridge you won't have any problems breeding them.

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
  • you can't pass on the genes of shiny's.
    whoever told you that was..
    stupy.
    (stupid.)
    but, if you're trying for a shiny jigglypuff WITHOUT a shiny jigglypuff..
    ..well, good luck.
    by the way, nice avatar, it shows how addicted to jigglypuff you are...
    lol.

Years
  • no i'm not using a shiny ditto or jigglypuff
    i just really want a shiny jigglypuff
    it's the only thing i really care to do on my diamond game anymore lol

yeh haha i am addicted to jigglypuff, he's my fav
    if he weren't on these games, i doubt i'd play lol

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
    Than you would love SSBM.
    Good luck on the shiny..
    Is your friend code REALLY 0000-0000-0000?

Golden Dragon

Dragon Breeder
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 13, 2008
    shiny ditto won't breed thats the main problem i have because i have only 1 ditto and it's shiny its only given me 2 eggs and they still havn't hatched after 2 weeks! but i tried using an eevee which had the same nature as my ditto (i think) andim getting eggs every hour.also it works best if the levels are close together

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • shiny ditto won't breed thats the main problem i have because i have only 1 ditto and it's shiny its only given me 2 eggs and they still havn't hatched after 2 weeks! but i tried using an eevee which had the same nature as my ditto (i think) andim getting eggs every hour.also it works best if the levels are close together

That's because Eggs don't hatch over time, they hatch depending on the amount of steps you take. If you're breeding, hop on your bike and ride up and down Solacion Town, theres a certain path that, up and down, is over 100 steps in total.

Golden Dragon

Dragon Breeder
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 13, 2008
    no i'm not using a shiny ditto or jigglypuff
    i just really want a shiny jigglypuff
    it's the only thing i really care to do on my diamond game anymore lol

yeh haha i am addicted to jigglypuff, he's my fav
    if he weren't on these games, i doubt i'd play lol

u know theres a way to see jigglypuff in shiny

type into google: pokemon marriland

go to the one with the colums that say pearl pokedex
    click on that
    then in the quick search box you type: jigglypuff
    there should be a pic of a jigglypuff it's normal at the moment
    (dont worry u can change that)
    under where it says front 1 it should say: normal
    click on the arrow next to normal and select shiny the picture should then change to a shiny jiigly

That's because Eggs don't hatch over time, they hatch depending on the amount of steps you take. If you're breeding, hop on your bike and ride up and down Solacion Town, theres a certain path that, up and down, is over 100 steps in total.

yes but i walked around sinnoh on a bike lots nbecuase i kind of um... forgot where i put my charazard.....

ive ddone at least 20,000 steps with the egg on my counter so i just gave up and started with my riolu egg.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • To answer everything: "They don't seem to like each other" means they'll take time to breed, but they will eventually. And this has to do with IDs and species. If the Pokémon are from the same species and different ID, they take less time. If they just have one condition, they'll take regular time. If they have the same ID and they are different species (as in this case) they'll take more time, but they still will.

Back