• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about evolution

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2014
    I've read that an unevolved pokemon's max stats aren't as high as if it were evolved.

I've also noticed that certain pokemon learn a move that they can't learn after evolution. Like Shroomish can only learn spore at level 50's but can evolve into Breloom a few levels before.

So my question is, if i level up a monster just to learn an exclusive move and evolve one level later...would the full-evo's stats still increase to its specified maximum, or will it be slightly lower?

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    im also wondering this and i also wanna know if its worth it to not evolve my squirtle cause he'll learn a move earlier thats better and will his stats actually be that bad as he levels up

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2014
    im also wondering this and i also wanna know if its worth it to not evolve my squirtle cause he'll learn a move earlier thats better and will his stats actually be that bad as he levels up
    dang i hate when people do that :cer_evil:

Last edited:

レッド

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    The stats of your Breloom would increase normally even if you stun its evolution as Shroomish. You can still train Shroomish until lv 50 and then evolve it into Breloom after it has spore and the stats that it'll gain will be the same as if Shroomish was evolved at a lower level. I hope that help answered your question.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2014
    The stats of your Breloom would increase normally even if you stun its evolution as Shroomish. You can still train Shroomish until lv 50 and then evolve it into Breloom after it has spore and the stats that it'll gain will be the same as if Shroomish was evolved at a lower level. I hope that help answered your question.
    dang i love when people do that

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    dang i love when people do that

dang, i hate it when people type almost the same thing consecutively in a thread

Evolving a Pokemon later than the initial level for evolution will not cause its stats to be lower when it does evolve because it gets recalculated according to the Pokemon's base stats.

Back