• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about items the boost stats

Years
    Hi guys, items like Calcium, Protein etc boost your stats "sometimes", is there a way to make them boost your stats "everytime"? Thank you in advance :)

Years
    Vitamins already always boost the stats unless the Pokemon EVs in that stat are maxed. Unless something changed in Gen 6.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    This is the function that sets how many EVs your pokemon gains by eating a vitamin:

Spoiler:

You can find it in the script section, PokemonItems at line 287.

Then this function is used in PokemonItemsEffects (line 482), one time for each vitamine.

The case for HPUP is this:
    Spoiler:

I added in yellow the part you probably want to modify to give more EVs to the pokemon (it is optional, if you put nothing it will give a standart value of 10, in my case it will raise HP EVs by 50). I didn't actually check, but I think it should work that way.

If you want the vitamin not to give EVs, but directly increase stats, you have to modify the function in PokemonItems, wich is a little more complicated, and I cant do it right now.

Back