• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

question about natures, EV, shiny IV

Years
  • I was hacking fire red some years ago but gave up because there was no way of changing certain things. I cannot find any thread about the things i want to alter so i decided to start my own.

Sure some of the changes are possible with gameshark codes, but it would be nicer to have them native into the rom (who knows what bugs may surface with these codes right). so here goes:

Does anybody have any info about or stumbled upon a way to make the following changes in fire red:
    - Disable the nature system (for example make every generated pokemon have the docile nature by removing the random roll and replacing it with a fixed value)
    - Change the IV combination that makes a pokemon shiny (it would be better to have pokemon with all IV maxed be shiny. it would be a cool way to recognize the strongest pokemon of a species and it would actually pay off to lvl them rather then just having bragging rights. Also maxed gyarados from lake of rage lol!)
    - revert the EV system back to that of RBY/GSC. (https://www.serebii.net/rb/evtraining.shtml) Even the worst IV pokemon does not end up a total disaster like this. I realize making it the exact same is not really possible, but if the max was 255 per stat, possible to gather for every stat, and (EV+1)/3 was added to corresponding stat, it would have about the same system as in RBY/GSC.

I want to make these changes because we (me and my friends) are all working adults now, we want to have some fun playing these games like old times and have some battles. Oh sweet nostalgia! :) But we don't have the time to deal with the correct natures and EV training. it would be quite a waste if it turned out we lvld something utterly useless.

I'm really curious to see if there are any possibilities out there! :)

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I guess you can achieve these things with hex editing. Gameshark does basically the same thing, it alters the game data.

Years
  • I dont much know about your first or last question but maybe this can help with your second question. https://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-355973.html I dont think IVs affect whether a Pokemon is shiny or not. You could however change the IV range of all the Pokemon you encountered including trainers as well to 31 by hex editing. Refer to the link for which offsets to change and keep in mind this is for Fire Red. There also is a thread on changing the shiny rate of Pokemon if you're interested but I haven't looked or used it myself. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=342245

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years

• Nature System: I'm sure that you could change the bonuses each nature gives so that they're all neutral, but I don't know the targetted hex edits you would need to make to do so. I'd check off of the stat calc functions and work backward to where the nature boosts are determined from there.

IV Combination: Shiny-ness is not determined by IVs in Gen 3 and up.

RBY/GSC EV System: Yes. You can make the total EV cap enough to max every stat. Dizzy's Hacked Engine allows you to do this for Emerald. I think in the Quick Research and Development thread that someone found the byte edits needs for Firered. You'd have to search the last few pages and look.

Back