• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Question about overwriting data/writing to ROM

EndercreeperMugen

First-time ROM hacker
    Years
    A relatively simple question, likely with an answer I'm just too stupid to see. So, let's say I've already replaced a Pok?mon's sprites, but I now want to change these sprites to better-looking versions. How safe would it be to overwrite the already overwritten offsets? Or does the "it's OK as long as there's free space" mechanic still apply?
    Oh, whilst I'm here, I also need to ask how I'd change which Pok?mon roams Hoenn after beating the Elite Four? I accidentally got Latias and Latios mixed-up when swapping them out for the new pair of Pok?mon. Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Overwriting can cause issue.....Since you have free space, I don't know see a reason to overwrite .

Back