• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Question about some hold items

Kital

Zombie Robot
    Years
    Some wild pokemon have hold items like pikachu's light ball. I was wondering if the effects of the item work with other pokemon or just with the pokemon it meantions in the description of the item.

Also how much of a bonus do these items give?
    Other pokemon with items include but are not limitted to:
    Dialga - Adamant Orb
    Ditto - Quick Powder, Metal Powder.

I ask cause I just went on a ditto catching spree for natures and the overstock of powder made me curious... It doesn't sell for much and if the other pokemon can't use it I'm just gonna snort it or something.

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
    Years
    Some wild pokemon have hold items like pikachu's light ball. I was wondering if the effects of the item work with other pokemon or just with the pokemon it meantions in the description of the item.

Dialga - Adamant Orb

I ask cause I just went on a ditto catching spree for natures and the overstock of powder made me curious... It doesn't sell for much and if the other pokemon can't use it I'm just gonna snort it or something.

yeah they only work on the poke they specify sorry.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017

Dialga - Adamant Orb

They will only work with the mentioned Pokémon.
    With the light Ball, it will only work on Pikachu, not Pichu or Raichu.

There aren't many, but these are the items and the Pokémon they are exclusive to -

Adamant Orb: Dialga only (raises power of Dialga's STAB moves by 20%)
    Deepseascale: Clampearl only (doubles Clampearl's Special Defence)
    Deepseatooth: Clampearl only (doubles Clampearl's Special Attack)
    Light Ball: Pikachu only (Doubles Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack)
    Lucky Punch: Chansey only (boosts Chansey's crit. hit chance by two stages)
    Lustrous Orb: Palkia only (raises power of Palkia's STAB moves by 20%)
    Metal Powder: Ditto only (boost's Ditto's Defence and Special Defence by 50%)
    Quick Powder: Ditto only (Doubles Ditto's Speed)
    Soul Dew: Lati@s only (boosts Lati@s' Special Attack and Defence by 50%)
    Stick: Farfetch'd only (boosts Farfetche'd's crit. hit chance by two stages)
    Thick Club: Cubone or Marowak only (multiplies Cubone/Marowak's Attack power by 2)

I think that's all...

Back