• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [Question] Can we edit the bike?

Morlak

I am.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    So i thought of editing the bike and change it to like a ridable pokemon.(Emerald/Firered)

What i want to know is:
    Can we change its speed?
    Can we make it jump upward?
    Can we edit the bike(keyitem) script?

Answered:
    Can we change the sprite of a bike? Yes,and it can exceed up to 64x64.
    Thanks.

Last edited:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    So i thought of editing the bike and change it to like a ridable pokemon.(Emerald/Firered)

What i want to know is:
    Can we change the sprite of a bike?
    Can we change its speed?

Thanks.

I did this in 2009:

Simple, just allow enough extra colors in your palette for the colors of the pokemon.
    As for changing the speed and jumping, idk, but yeah, you can edit the key item icon and name of the item fairly easily too.

Morlak

I am.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    I did this in 2009:
    Simple, just allow enough extra colors in your palette for the colors of the pokemon.
    As for changing the speed and jumping, idk, but yeah, you can edit the key item icon and name of the item fairly easily too.
    Wow ,thanks.

and also,can the sprite exceed the size of 32x32? Because i tried before to make a trainer riding an arcanine and its not realistic with the size of 32x32 only.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    Wow ,thanks.

and also,can the sprite exceed the size of 32x32? Because i tried before to make a trainer riding an arcanine and its not realistic with the size of 32x32 only.

It's possible, but from what I've seen it isn't cut and dry. Looks like the sprites get messed up, I wouldn't know how to do it but someone here might.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Wow ,thanks.

Use this tutorial :) I used this to change my hero ow to 32x32 because 16x16 is lame anyway. Ow sizes can go up to 64x64.

Use nameless sprite editor (Classic). Newer ones won't have the preference option.

I totally want to see how awesome your Arcanine will look ingame.

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
    Years

What i want to know is:
    Can we change the sprite of a bike?
    Can we change its speed?

Thanks.

I DEFINITELY know that you can change the look of the bike. In my game, I changed it to a scooter. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293160]This was the link I used to learn how, and to change any sprite in the existing game. My main OW's are already changed. The tutorial is simple and easy to follow. Good Luck!

Morlak

I am.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    Thanks guys,ill definitely use those tutorials.so i guess,2 questions left.but there's a query about changing the script of the keyitem.I learned that you can ,but will this algorithm be posibble?
    1.the keyitem lets you choose a pokemon from your party
    2.check if the selected pokemon is ridable
    3.display the sprite of you riding the selected pokemon.(yeah,i dont know if we can do that)

Back