• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

question for misky91

Years
  • i tried using camstudio for recording a "let's play" of pokemon green with my friend, and unfortunately on windows 8 there is a horrible lag between the sound recorded and the graphics. also there is this annoying ticking sound with it as well. what do you use for successful screen capture? am i completely hopeless with the os i am using or can i find a screen capturing device that will be able to sync the sound and graphics better? thank you so much for any replies to this thread!

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    You might want to PM the person next time, but I can help.

Basically Camstudio isn't the greatest program, especially for let's play. If your computer is somewhat new (seeing that you're running 8, then this shouldn't be an issue), then you might want to try setting up Open Broadcaster Software and set it up just to do local recordings. I've been using it for general purposes and it's been working wonderfully. The only problem is that it's not the most user-friendly thing on the planet. Unlike Camtsudio though, lots of experimentation required to get something you like, but it's worth it. Sample recording below:

Last edited:
    Back