• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How do you level up your Pokemon faster?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    How does one level up your pokemon fast? I have several I would like to level up well, but I find it VERY time consuming =(

All of the pokemon I have were aquired by trade/imported in from GBA. I know if I fight with only my lead pokemon and equip with Exp. Share they gain more. I could also put them into the Day Care I suppose, but I might be missing out on EV's and extra stats.

Is there a level where it is safe to put pokemon in the day care/use rare candies and not worry about their stats being under-valued?

Is there a fast way to level up other than fighting fighting fighting?

Any good spots to gain lotso EXP?

Any help would be appreciated!

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Never use the Daycare or Rare Candies; they don't factor EVs.

Personally, I use an EXP-boosting code to raise my competition Pokemon. If that isn't your thing, just pit them against the Elite Four over and over, they being the strongest opponents available. Use the Lucky Egg to double EXP, and if possible, trade to a different cart to double EXP even more.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    I'll have NO PROBLEM using a EXP boosting code....do I need a Pro Action Replay to do it? Also, do you need Level 100's to battle competitively?

(As you can clearly tell, I'm a nub when it comes to onlien battles).

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I don't have DP, BUT.. IN ALL of the ones I have played. What I normally do, is put the pokemon I wanna level at the front. So they come out first, then switch to one of my wall/sweepers. Like Metagross, Blaziken, Swampert. W/e, while I ALSO have the pokemon I want to lvl holding the Exp. Share. So they then gain 3 quarters of the XP, instead of only half. And since they get part of the EV from the sharing of the Exp Share. They still gain EV. ^^

Take your group to somewhere akin to Victory road, or Sky Pillar. Somewhere with 40+ Wild pokemon, to beat up. Should help out with the exping your pokemon. ^^

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Take your group to somewhere akin to Victory road, or Sky Pillar. Somewhere with 40+ Wild pokemon, to beat up. Should help out with the exping your pokemon. ^^

Thats for R/S/E, he means places to train in D/P. ^-^

Ichida

Years
    I'll have NO PROBLEM using a EXP boosting code....do I need a Pro Action Replay to do it? Also, do you need Level 100's to battle competitively?

(As you can clearly tell, I'm a nub when it comes to onlien battles).

No, but I prefer to have my Pokemon lv100 for local battles, where the only other players I'll get to fight are those who've been able to get theirs to lv100, thus are worth my precious time at conventions where I meet other players.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Thats for R/S/E, he means places to train in D/P. ^-^

I know, thats why I said "akin". Akin means alike, similar, and so on. ^^ So something akin would be, like the place that Dragon ghost thing is, or where you find Dialga. Idk, but the place you find the bigger shiny legendary pokemon. Every Pokemon game has them, Cerulean cave, Sky Pillar, w/e.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I know, thats why I said "akin". Akin means alike, similar, and so on. ^^ So something akin would be, like the place that Dragon ghost thing is, or where you find Dialga. Idk, but the place you find the bigger shiny legendary pokemon. Every Pokemon game has them, Cerulean cave, Sky Pillar, w/e.

Oh ok, then again, still the only places to fight in Diamond is E4 or the island you go to after you beat the game. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    After you finish EV training I think you can put them in day care and they'll be fine. I remember in the GBA games if you walked up that thing you needed the mach bike to get up, and taped the d-pad down, your Pokemon in day-care would level up and probably be lv. 100 if you left it on overnight. I don't know if it works for d/p, but you should try it and see if it works. If it doesn't, then just keep fighting the E4 with a lucky egg.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Yeah, I've been fighting the E4 over and over again, but my Pokemon are still leveling up very very very slowly. And there are multiple pokemons that I would like to level up. Guess you just need patience.

These experince codes that were mentioned before, are they with the Action Replay?

EDITED TO SAY: I appreciate all the help offered thus far in this thread!

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Yes, the EXP codes mentioned are for Action Replay.

On another note, without an AR, I'd do the following:

Find a Lucky Egg. Chansey's can be found in the route between Hearthome and Solaceon.

Then, fight the E4. Over. And over. And over. If you want a break from that, go into Stark Mountain or Turnback Cave.

And once every weekend, go to Battle Island and fight your Rival in the Survival Zone. His Poke's are in their 60's.

And yeah... That's pretty much the best method for EXP gain. Like mentioned before, once you're done doing the actual EV training, trade the Pokes you want to level to another game if you can. That'll help a bit.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Thanks for the assist. Looks like I have a fair amount of work to do still....

Unless I get that AR! =)

Ichida

Years
    If you get it, PM me and I'll give you the code that gives you 65335 EXP per battle, not counting multipliers like Lucky Egg or being traded.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    It's ok to use the Daycare/Rare candies, as long as you manually level the said Pokemon to 100 it should be fine.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yes, the EXP codes mentioned are for Action Replay.

On another note, without an AR, I'd do the following:

Find a Lucky Egg. Chansey's can be found in the route between Hearthome and Solaceon.
    Then, fight the E4. Over. And over. And over. If you want a break from that, go into Stark Mountain or Turnback Cave.

And once every weekend, go to Battle Island and fight your Rival in the Survival Zone. His Poke's are in their 60's.

And yeah... That's pretty much the best method for EXP gain. Like mentioned before, once you're done doing the actual EV training, trade the Pokes you want to level to another game if you can. That'll help a bit.

Pretty much what he said right there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    But if you level them up without thinking, then they will be weak with no EVs.

From what I've seen so far AR, the exp. code appears to be optional. So you would still fight for EV training initially, and then once that is completed you polish off the leveling with boosted EXP.

Could be mistaken though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2011
    Is using that experience bossting AR thing "bad?" Will Nintendo be able to tell and like kick you off the GTS or something?

Back