• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question on Creating Pokemon RPGs

EagleRunner021

Trainer of the Fittest
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Hi. I'm thinking of creating a pokemon game in my spare time, because, believe me, I have a lot of spare time, and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of how to start it. I have heard of pokemon engines, but i dont know how to get one (Buy or download) or how they work. If anyone could maybe tell me who to talk to or where to go, it would be very helpful.

Basic Plot of Game: Start in a town surrounded by a forest to the northwest, an ocean to the east, and volcanoes to the south. First, you head west to a mainly grass/bug/poison type region, however, other types will appear occasionally. You go through 8 gyms and 4 contests before you reach the Pokemon League Championships. After you win that, you learn how to surf. You then head east through the oceans into a mainly water/psychic type region. After that region's PokeLeague Champs, you head south to the volcanic region (mainly fire/rock/ground/fighting pokemon). Then after those 8 badges and 4 contest wins you head north up a waterfall to a mountainous (is that a word?) region with mainly dark/ice/ghost pokemon. The final Leage Champs are there. There will be new legendaries (1 per region, with 1 that randomly appears) and mostly new pokemon, however some will be reused.

Once again, any and all help is appreciated. Thanks =)

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • got to the pokemon essentials thread and you can download the starter kit but which game program are you using.

EagleRunner021

Trainer of the Fittest
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Thats just the thing, I have the idea and everything is planned out on paper and pencil, but I have no idea what to do. This will be my first rpg creation so I need tons of help.

ryushin5

Years
  • ok you need to download an rpgmaer engine i suggest rpgmaker xp then you download the starter kit in the pokemon essentials thread other people will explain the rest.

ryushin5

Years
  • well i suggest looking at some tutorials on how to set maps and stuff then you'll probably be ready to your first town like learn how event and stuff you can find some tutorials on youtube type in rpgmaker xp tutorials i suggest you look at the tutorials that were posted by troy8696 thats how i learned how to do stuff on rpgmaker xp but thats just me.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • well as soon as you get teh starter kit downloaded, delete all the maps but the first one and then your project officially begins i suggest you start mapping you cities, towns, routes watever first.

ryushin5

Years
  • no problem dude if you need any help to be afraid to ask we'll help you and so will other people on the community also.

Back