• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Question on EV's?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    so i recently learned about EV's and i barely get the concept of them, i understand how you cant see a pokemons EV's and theres one for each stat and you gain them from defeating a pokemon and you gain their highest base ev stat.

Im mainly confused on this, (i use soulsilver btw) do EV's affect the stats as you level up? (say you have 100 ev on strength and the pokemon levels up, do they gain more permanent stats on strength based on their ev?)

if i explained crappily please answer any harder to understand parts of EV training, thanks!

Years
  • yes, they gain permanent stats. in the new games, this happens immediatley, i do-not know for SS, lets say you somehow managed to get 20 EVS in speed, once that happens, you SHOULD immediatley get a stat increase of 5 speed on that pokemon. you CAN DECREASE these stats by feeding that pokemon certain berries.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Every time you defeat a pokémon your pokemon will get ev points. On lvl 100 for every 4 ev points you get 1 stat up for that particular stat. On lvl 50 you would need 8 and on lvl 25 you would need 16. You should not really bother with ev's at all until post game for competetive play or when you play a modified pokémon game that makes the game harder.

Back