• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

question on walls

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2018
    do you want to max out their purpose or balance it like my walls for example.

special wall-
    Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Calm//Bold
    252 SDef/128 Hp/128 SAtk // 252 Def/252 SDef/4 SAtk
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Protect
    -Wish

physical wall-
    Leafeon @ Leftovers
    Impish/Careful
    252 Def/128 Atk/128 Hp // 252 SDef/252 Hp/4 Atk
    -Leaf Blade
    -Synthesis
    -Curse
    -Yawn/Quick Attack

is it better to max out their def or sdef depending on their role, or balance them to survive a physical attack if their a sp. wall vice-versa. thanks

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    It's better to max out one defense, and then HP, or at least put a chunk of EVs into HP and then some in attack or Sp Attack.

Dual walls get crumpled by the ever present Life Orb and Choice Items that are floating around. D/P is a harsh battle environment

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Mixed sweepers are tricky. D:

I would use the 2nd EV set for Leafeon instead of the one I suggested before.

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    There are some good Dual Walls out there now...

A few good ones are Spiritomb, Vespiquen, (Especially) Probopass.

Suicune can almost pull it off, if you can get ahold of one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    instead of having mixed walls it's better just balance out your team with the right counters. and i think vaporeon is a much better physical wall than a special one, especially with acid armor.

Back