• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] [VX Ace] Characters stuck on custom tileset

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem here.
    I've created some tiles for VX Ace (in the pokemon style) and when i import them into VX Ace and place the tiles in the editor, everything works and fits properly.

When i start the game, the character is stuck on the same tile. I can use the buttons to change direction of the character, but it doesn't move.

I've also checked the O and X on the tiles in the Database, and the ground tiles are passable. The tiles all have the settings O to them, so that shouldn't be the problem. Also checked the bush, counter etc. settings, and that's alright aswell.

I was hoping some of you know the problem and could explain me how to get rid of this.... (is this a bug?)

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Have you put the ground tiles in the 'A' set?
    If they're in anything else, I believe that they just work as the 'Priority Tiles'

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Well, that's the weird thing.
    You have in the graphics table: A1 (animated), A2 (terrain), A3 (buildings), A4 (walls) and A5 (general).

I edited the existing tile from VX Ace, (in this case: Outside_A2)and replaced most of the tiles with the one i made. Didn't change the position of the tiles, just pasted the new ones, over the old ones. So nothing is changed at all.

I don't get it....

Back