• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Questions about D/P (Maybe Spoiler?)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Hi I'm currently playing D/P and would appreciate if someone tells me the following:

1. What is the (ポケッチキャペン)Or Pokecchi Kyapen?
    2. What attacks does the strange Electric monkey thingy (No17 in the Shinou Dex) have?

Thanks,

!!**Alex**!!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    1. Is the Pokétch what youre talking about?

2. O_O Monkey lol??! Korinku is more like a lion/tiger cub...

Start- Tackle
    Lv 05- Leer
    Lv 09- Charge
    Lv 13- Bite
    Lv 17- Spark
    Lv 21- Roar
    Lv 25- Swagger
    Lv 29- Crunch
    Lv 33- Thunder Fang
    Lv 37- Scary Face
    Lv 41- Discharge

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
    1.) Based upon my little bit of Japanese, I'd say that it's the Poketech. So, I concur with the above statement, but from a standpoint of knowing some Japanese.

2.) Above statement is true. Trust this guy, he's good!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    1. I don't know. I'm just repeating what my game told me. But is it for the touch screen where you get the clock, calculator, pedometer (why do u need one???) and Pokemon status?

2. Sorry, yea I know it isnt really monkey I just thought it at the time because it looked slightly like Aipom.

Oh and I have another question:
    How many TM/HMs are there this time??? I have gotten like TM 70 so I'm just wondering how many will there be?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    There are 92 TMs (The 1st 50 are from R/S/E) and 8 HMs

EDIT: Thx Blastoise ^_^

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    ...especially when you want a certain Pokemon to hatch in a certain place. Or maybe save the game before you hit that ammount of steps so when your Pokemon hatches, you can determine when your Pokemon has the right nature

this should be stickied​

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Actually, its pretty useful to check how much steps it takes to hatch an egg. Better than counting each step by hand :)
    ...especially when you want a certain Pokemon to hatch in a certain place. Or maybe save the game before you hit that ammount of steps so when your Pokemon hatches, you can determine when your Pokemon has the right nature
    this should be stickied​

Yea I forgot about breeding, but that's probably because I'm not up to there yet. It would help I guess but then you also have to know how many steps you need because doesn't it vary between Pokemon?
    Maybe it should be stickied but someone tried to make a Simple Questions thread for D/P and the mods didnt think it was necessary to have one. There should be one though.

!!**Alex**!!
    Questions about D/P (Maybe Spoiler?)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I agree that this should be sticky, anyways yeah Pokemon have different steps to hatch Pokemon. But you can always reset the step meter everytime you try to hatch an egg

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Ok I have a new question:
    Are the trainers on cycling road hard to beat?
    Like, are they really strong at that point of the game?

My team is currently average. All Lv 17 and 18s:
    Pottaishi, Perappu, Mukkubird, Rukushio, Subomi and Beautifly.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Ok I have a new question:
    Are the trainers on cycling road hard to beat?
    Like, are they really strong at that point of the game?

My team is currently average. All Lv 17 and 18s:
    Pottaishi, Perappu, Mukkubird, Rukushio, Subomi and Beautifly.
    If I remember correctly, they arn't that strong, since I remember wiping the majority of them with only one Pokemon.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yep, thanks! I have already past that bit now but the contests are way more interesting now. *dancing Pokemon*.

EDIT:
    I have new questions now!
    1. How do I get upstairs to battle the 5th gym? Is there something I have to do before I can go up the lift?
    2. How can I get myself a secret base in the Shinou Underground?
    3. What am I suppose to do with Team Galaxy in that town *ummm... forgotten name* where they occupy two buildings and like there are giant doors blocking you from going through???

Thanks

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Um what do you do after you get the master ball. Ive only had diamond for three day. Also My Goukazaru is Lv. 63

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    1. Yes. You need to receive the Surf HM. Meet Shirona (シロナ) at the small beach resort that's east of Nomose City (ノモセシティ). She'll give you a ひでんのくすり, which causes the Psyduck on Route 210 to walk away, clearing your path. The Surf HM is given to you by an old lady at Kan'nagi Town (カンナギタウン). Only then will the fifth gym elevator descend.
    2. Wish I could answer that, but I ask the same question. Sorry. ^_^;
    3. The Team Galaxy grunts in Tobari City? I believe you have to defeat the Gym Leader there and then battle the grunts alongside Hikari.

1. Ok thanks I just did that.
    2. Yea I want a secret base. I have seen screenshots of it but it doesnt tell how to get one.
    3. I mean after you beat them, there are still grunts left in two of the buildings.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Ignore them. It's time to get to the sixth gym using Surf~!

Yea I have done so. Now I'm on that island where you fight along the guy with the Lucario. It's a very annoying place =( but isnt is where you get the Rioru egg? XD which direction am I suppose to go? I just find that there seem to be too many rooms. I'm leaving the sixth gym till after I beat the island. Also do you need any HM moves while you are there? Like I want to train my Pokemon up evenly without having to take out 2 spaces for my HM slaves...

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Making a secret base in the underground:

You need to first trade the Digging Drill (あなほりドリル) with the man in the underground (found at random areas) for a set amount of coloured stones/jewels, then use that to the wall where you want to make your base.

Doing so will automatically make a base, which will be marked with a red square on the underground map.

[edit] It might not be very helpful, but if you can read Japanese, this website/wiki is pretty helpful: https://www18.atwiki.jp/pokemondp/

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Making a secret base in the underground:

You need to first trade the Digging Drill (あなほりドリル) with the man in the underground (found at random areas) for a set amount of coloured stones/jewels, then use that to the wall where you want to make your base.

Doing so will automatically make a base, which will be marked with a red square on the underground map.

[edit] It might not be very helpful, but if you can read Japanese, this website/wiki is pretty helpful: https://www18.atwiki.jp/pokemondp/

^ Ok... I half get you there Lolz.... Would it be possible for you to provide picture instructions with that? XD, I have tried everything I can and it doesnt work...
    The site looks good but unfortunately, two years of Japanese study cant help me understand that... and the translator doesnt exactly help a lot.. so can someone translate the important bits for now (which is the SB making)?? XD thanks

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2012
    what do you do after the e4 hwo do u get past the two ppl blockin the way...in the battle tower area..u know the ppl hthat are blockin route 225

Last edited:
    Back