• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Questions About Pokemon Pearl/Diamond

Mr.Squishy

Pokemon Breeder!
    Years
    These are my questions to do with DP

1.Can the cloning glitch be used as many times as you want and it will not harm you're game?

2. I got a Pokemon (Chimchar) of GTS for a Machoke, the Chimchar was nickanmed "Ousticham" or something and when it evolved into a Monferno the nickname was gone and it was not called "Ousticham" anymore, is this normal? or could this mean it's fake/hacked?

3. How Much More is there to do after you've beat the Elite4?

4. Why can't i catch any of the 3 legendary lake pokemon?, First Mespirit ran away and im tracking it, but Azelf & Uxie wont let me catch them, i got Uxie down to 1HP and i used 8 Ultra Balls + 3 Luxury Balls and it still wouldnt be caught!

5. What do you do after you've beat the 4th gym, my friend cant find where to go next because the 5th gym leader(in Veilstone?, the town with the contest hall in) is not at her gym. And she is not out side the contest hall.

6. What is EV/IV training?

7.Why do people care What "nature" there pokemon is? what difference does it make?

Thank you, i hope you can help me wiht my questions :P

Last edited:
    Years
    1. Yes.

2. I don't know. I do belive that is a hack, but since I never nickname my Pokemon I can't tell you if the name from traded Pokemon stay with them.

3. (If you haven't) Finish the Sinnoh Dex, then the National Dex, capture the legendaries, and the Battle Tower.

4. Because they won't come to you easy like wild Pokemon. If may take you 30+ Ultraballs before you capture the first one. To catch Mesprit you have to track it in the wild and capture it before it runs away.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    3. How Much More is there to do after you've beat the Elite4?

Well after you complete the Sinnoh dex, and beat the E4, you can migrate pokemon to pal park from your previous versions, and you can chain for shinies, using the pokeradar.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    About the nickname, that is abnormal as I always nickname my Pokemon and that never happens.

For EV training, Serebii has a guide and I also have one. PM me if you want to see it ~

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    correction about the nickname. if its a nickname thats foreign, then its perfectly normal for it to become normal when it evolves, UNLESS its been nicknamed.

Sif

Years
    Also after you beat the E4 a few new areas open up. You can catch different types of pokemon all over. There will be new pokemon each day in the trophy garden, also new swarming pokemon you can catch.

Also, is the 5th gym the one where you have to get rid of the psyducks first? You need to go to veilstone and talk to one of the galactic grunts until he runs away, then follow him and battle him. The gym leader will appear and give you a potion to get rid of all the psyducks, then you can fight her.

Also, it took me a bunch of pokeballs to catch the legendaries. Try using status effects too. Sleep or parlysis might help. For mesprit, you have to cast mean look so it can't run away.

ConfusedOne

Strength In Wisdom... I Think?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    Back