• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions about Roserade...

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
    Alright, basically I just traded my friends Glameow for a Lv. 50 Roserade online. Surprisingly, it's moveset isn't half bad...(I'm not even sure if Roserade is a "good" Pokemon...but it seems to be quite competent.)

Toxic
    Petal Dance
    Aromatherapy
    Synthesis

However, I feel it could use some improvement. (Such as throwing in Giga Drain or Energy Ball.) Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    it depends if you want to make it a sweeper or more of a tank that can take some hits and attack hard. since it has natural cure and aromatherapy i suggest making it tougher so it can take some hits.

Roserade@Black Sludge
    Modest
    Natural Cure<--at least i hope your Roserade has natural cure..
    evs:252hp 164def 94sp.def <--ev's in defense for the obvious fact it has crappy defense
    -aromatherapy
    -synthesis
    -sludge bomb
    -energy ball

obviously you could have used sleep powder or leech seed over toxic.. but since you don't and assuming you want to keep this guy, this is the best you can do now.

FlamesFan

Chillin' at the Dome
    Years
    If I were to use Roserade, this would be my moveset...

Roserade@Black Sludge
    Modest
    Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
    -Aromatherapy
    -Energy Ball
    -Synthesis
    -Hidden Power: Ice / (Sludge Bomb)

I avoided EVs in Def and Hp because Roserade's is too low to even make an impact on those stats. Concentrate on SpAtk and Spd to sweep and to Aromatherapize. Energy Ball for STAB. If you have the IVs then HP:Ice for Dragons and opposing Grass-Types like Torterra; if the IVs aren't right then Sludge Bomb would do (even though Poison is a horrible attacking type). I hope this helps! -Happy Battling!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Roserade @ Choice Specs/Focus Sash
    252 SAttk/252 Spd/4 HP -- Timid
    Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb
    HP Ice/Leech Seed
    Sleep Powder

HP Ice for Specs, Leech for Sash. I'd use Sash.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Alright, basically I just traded my friends Glameow for a Lv. 50 Roserade online. Surprisingly, it's moveset isn't half bad...(I'm not even sure if Roserade is a "good" Pokemon...but it seems to be quite competent.)

Toxic
    Petal Dance
    Aromatherapy
    Synthesis

However, I feel it could use some improvement. (Such as throwing in Giga Drain or Energy Ball.) Any suggestions? Many thanks!

i got traded my myxray for a rosrade exacly like this one, onlt at lv 52

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2007
    Both those moves hit Ghosts and Psychics. >_>;

Anyway, I use Roserade in my team.

Set is..

- Weather Ball
    - Grass Knot
    - Aromatherapy
    - Not telling.

The not telling move is a move my team relies on, my set is purely for Aromatherapy and the secret move which aids my team, Grass Knot and Weather Ball are for staying power.
    It's an excellent set and works with my team perfectly.

Nature and EV's are for my eyes only.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Both those moves hit Ghosts and Psychics. >_>;

Anyway, I use Roserade in my team.

Set is..

- Weather Ball
    - Grass Knot
    - Aromatherapy
    - Not telling.

The not telling move is a move my team relies on, my set is purely for Aromatherapy and the secret move which aids my team, Grass Knot and Weather Ball are for staying power.
    It's an excellent set and works with my team perfectly.

Nature and EV's are for my eyes only.

My bad, I was thinking of Gengar.

Back