• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions for All PokeFans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning86

Phoenix Force
Years
  • Hey Everyone.

For a assignment at college we have been told to research a popular media form and find out what got people into it and why they like it.
    I would be so greatful if you could answer these questions.

1) How did you first get into Pokemon?

2) What has kept you interested in Pokemon all this time?

3) What is your fave Pokemon and Why?

4) What is you fave Pokemon Game and Why?

5) What is your fave Pokemon Movie and Why?

6) How long have you been interested in Pokemon?

7) How often do you play?

8) What is your Real Gender and what is your game Gender?

9) Do you use Pokemon Games on Wifi?

10) Any further comments on Pokemon(Senseible ones please)?

11) Whats your Name? (Real Name and Trainer Name)

Thanks a million!
    Would love for as many ppl as pos to do this as I could really do with lots of opinions for the best grade :)

ty

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I first started getting into pokemon way back when the anime first came out in America. Of course I didn't know what it was but I liked it and continued to watch it. Got my first pokemon game for my 9th birthday like 4 years later.

The replayability, constantly coming out with like two new games each year, friends who played, and watching the anime. Other than that it's just one of my many childhood memories that I don't think I can let go of.

I don't have a favorite. I do have favorites though, and they are: Swampert, Empoleon, Wailord, Kyogre, Walrein, Claydol, Snorlax, and a few others that are growing on me. I'm a huge water pokemon lover so that would explain why I love water types, and obviously from the pokemon I listed I love Hoenn as well (first pokemon game was Ruby). Claydol is another favorite because I think it's awesome. One of the best ground types that we have.

Hmm, tough one. I'd say that my favorite would have to be a tie between Emerald and Platinum. Emerald because it took what I played in Ruby and Sapphire to a whole new level and I can still remember the shocks of finding out somethings about it while playing. Platinum because it takes what I love about Pearl and adds in more re-playability. Also because I can get the Dialga and Palkia in it. My runner-ups though would be SoulSilver (really fun, though too easy at times), Pearl, R&S, and the original Silver (gotta admit one of the best pkmn games made).

Pokemon: The Movie 2000/ Destiny Deoxys/Rise of Darkrai...yeah a lot I know but I can't choose betwen them. The one that I could rewatch over and over again though would probably be Rise of Darkrai...so I guess I'll just say that one.

Over 11 years now, got into it when I was five.

About every day or every other day. Sometimes I may only play once a week. The longest break I had was a year. I got platinum in August of last year, played till like October then got bored. Then I started platinum again this year in February wanting to finish before HG/SS came out.

Male, and male in the game too. Was a female when I restarted FR though.

Well I trade online but really haven't battled online yet. I may get into it when I raise my pokemon to higher levels in Platinum (restarted a few weeks ago) and finish my grand team on SS (almost there just gotta level-up and teach a few more moves).

Fun, for all ages.

My real name: I go by Ed, though those are my initials..I hate my 'real' name :D. My game name(s): Ed, PiP (first 3 letters of piplup), Enem (idk I just added 'em' to my name Ed and took out the d cause Edem sounds weird). Now I'm sticking with Pip, but I MAY use my real name in black version when it comes out b/c I always do in the first games of a new gen.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010

I don't know, someone bought me Pokemon Pearl.

er, lost in interest but got back into it. I was suprised how many new pokemon they had. Looks like fun to draw. The new pokemon anime is OK too.

I cannot choose >_> but if I can make one pokemon real, it would probably be Celebi. I love to time travel.

I only have one and that is Pokemon Pearl :P But I plan to get Black or White.

Jewel of Life, big bada$$ pokemon and time traveling. What else can I say?

2? 3 Years I guess.

Once a week.

Female/Male

Nope.

Black and White better be good. :P

Dawn Rules

<--- Dawn Strong, Smart & Sexy
    Years
  • 1) How did you first get into Pokemon?
    To long ago to remember i think it was my friends who had the original games that got me into it and when um about 2000.

Idk maybe the fact that i cant wait to see how they can improve the game.

Piplup.

Pearl and Emerald.

I haven't seen many movies but i guess the first movie.

About 10 years.

I'm playing it right now.

I'm Female in game and real gender is female.

Nope cuz never tried wifi i still dont know why i haven't tried it yet.

Real Name? I would like to keep it a secret and game name is Dawn.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    My friend Wesley brought in his new fangled Pokémon cards into infant school. Every one was instantly obsessed. Weirdly, I remember my favourite of his cards being... nope you're wrong. Fire energy. What? I was 6, I didn't know any better. Soon after the anime and games started up.

The replayability, constantly coming out with like two new games each year, friends who played, and watching the anime. Other than that it's just one of my many childhood memories that I don't think I can let go of.
    This.

Ampharos. Mainly due to her being the beast of my final & greatest Pokémon Silver playthrough before RSE came out. My friend Jacob had a Typhlosion that just destroyed everything it touched. Amphy wiped him out with a single Thunder Punch.

Hmm... I'm inclined to say Silver, but in hindsight that's probably just me looking through the 'Nostalgia Goggles™'. If I disregard GSC it would either be Emerald or Platinum. I haven't played HGSS.

Either Pokemon: The Movie 2000 or any of the DP ark really.

Since it first came out so ooh... About 10 years now?

Less so at the moment, but I'm planning to get SS after my exams so I'll be playing a lot more then.

Male and for the most part Male. I've chosen Female a few times for a change though.

I trade a bit, but I haven't really done any proper competitive battling. Only some random battles on PBR. I'm trying to start building a proper competitive team though.

Real name: Rob Male Trainer Names: Rob Female Trainer Names: Dawn or Crystal

Last edited:

Sacr3d Fire

Rock the house with fire
    Years
    When my friends started to played this game and it caught my attention ,then started to play pokemon.
    The way they improve the game:gameplay,graphics and much more.

Arcanine because he a Fire-type and he is gracious and a loyal friend.
    Emerald because when you think your done the game by beating the elite four they give you other challenges and objectives that it keep you playing the game.
    The first movie with Mewtwo and Mew.Its also the only 1 a saw.
    Since 4 grade.
    Uhh like 1 time a week.
    Male and i choose the Male caracther in the game because im a male..
    WTF? They have WIFI now?
    The first and the second generation rule!

...TEHEE

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Caught it in bits and pieces, my friend found the cartoon and I caught a couple commercials. Some time in like, May we met up at a little local fair-type thing we have here and confirmed, due to the presence of Pikachu, that the critters we found were one and the same, and they were called Pokemon. ><

Tiny superpowered animals you can make fight. How awesome is that?

Couldn't say. Ninetales is up there, along with Charizard, Dragonair, Ivysaur and Scyther. Some I find aesthetcially pleasing, some are faves from the anime.

I have Red and Yellow. So. Red and Yellow. -_- Maybe Red a little more 'cuz I'm not a fan of starting off with Pikachu.

I like the first 'cuz, c'mon, it's THE FIRST. Also the 4th because I actually had to watch it three times before I completely "got" what was happening. I was a stupid kid.

Since about '98.

GB game? I take it out once a year or so and play till I reach some arbitrary goal. The card game's more my thing.

Female, and R/B/Y doesn't give you a choice.

No.

10) Any further comments on Pokemon(Sensible ones please)?
    Well, I -
    Oh, sensible ones.
    No.

Em. My Trainer Name changes, it's been Ash and Red and Yellow and Baby and Beta and a few others, no doubt.

Years
    It was in the late 90's, when pokemon hit like a bomb and became very popular. I watched the anime and fell in love with it, and then I bought Red as my first game for my GameBoy Colour.

I dunno xD I guess that I will always have this inner child inside of me that always dreamed about someday Pokemon would be real. I've always loved the whole concept of Pokemon; catch, train and beat them all. That was an obsession for me, and still is actually. :'P

This is a hard one... Back then, I always liked the cool-looking ones. Now, I like the more beautiful and gracious types... But if I have to choose one, it would be Salamence, followed closely by Absol, Suicune, Milotic and Espeon.

Red, has always been and will always be. This was my first experience as a pokemon trainer, I will never forget it.

The first! I really don't like the other ones. IMO, they get worse for every movie, the last one was a real disaster. Also, the movie with Lugia was good.

Since 1998.

Not so much. I play like crazy when I start an adventure, but after it's done I kind of loose interest in the game... And the only solution is to start over. xD

Boy, and I always play as a boy.

No.

Overall, a great franchise.

Emilio.

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • 1) How did you first get into Pokemon? I honestly don't know. I'm sure it was by word-of-mouth at school or because of my stepbrother. This was around when it first came out, so I'm almost positive it was the former.

2) What has kept you interested in Pokemon all this time? A lot of friends of mine are really into it, and are the ones that got me into it after a few years of not paying any attention to it. I also like that the parts that interest me change over the years, how it seems to advance without really changing anything in the games themselves, if that makes sense.

3) What is your fave Pokemon and Why? Charmander has been my favorite since the beginning, along with Venusaur, but beyond that there are too many to choose (Rotom, Kecleon, etc.)

4) What is you fave Pokemon Game and Why? I have to say Red/Blue/Yellow for pure nostalgia, but I've been attached to Platinum for a few months now.

5) What is your fave Pokemon Movie and Why? Another tie between the first and the second. The first will most likely win by a hair because it was the one I saw in the theaters, but there's something about the second that I really love.

6) How long have you been interested in Pokemon? Technically since it first came out in 1996/1997.

7) How often do you play? At least for a little bit every day.

8) What is your Real Gender and what is your game Gender? I'm a girl and play as a girl in 3/5 of the games I own.

9) Do you use Pokemon Games on Wifi? Not usually, no.

10) Any further comments on Pokemon(Sensible ones please)? It's definitely not just for kids. :D

11) Whats your Name? Trainer name is Shookie, my real name is Vicky.

Cid

Years
    I think it was when I saw my older sis play Pokemon Yellow when I was four or five. At the same time, I saw the anime on TV, and I remember really liking the episode starring the Squirtle Squad. xD

The games, and PC of course. The anime sort of left my interests regarding Pokemon when Misty went away...I think. Also, my older bro is still a Pokemon fan, so I guess I can't get away from hearing about it all the time.

Squirtle. I just posted the reason on a stickied thread here at Pokemon General, but I'm saying it here, too. Besides the fact that I liked Ash's Squirtle back then, I was ecstatic when Officer Jenny gave me the Squirtle in my Pokemon Yellow (that is, the Pokemon Yellow my older sis used to play). He was my favourite back then, and still gets me all warm and fuzzy until now, haha. xD

My favorite Pokemon game? A close tie between Gold and Yellow. Not that I'm a really big fan of the yellow hue (I'm not against it either, just so-so), but both games built my initial like to the series, and they were nostalgic and memorable, too.

Haha, I haven't watched a lot of Pokemon movies, but maybe the first one would be my pick. Why? I don't really know, haha... ^^

For more or less a decade. I just realized, that's quite a long time. :D

At least once a week. I try to play the good old games at that time frame, and when new versions come out, I play them almost everyday.

I'm a guy. I also play a guy (since I name him Cid/Eni). I rarely played the girl character, but maybe in BW I would.

I don't often use them there. I really don't know why.

A wonderful franchise.

My initials are CP. You could call me Cid, Chris, Rick, Furrick, Tux or Eni.
    My Trainer Name usually goes on the lines of the nicknames I mentioned...and Blue.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    My Dad bought Pokemon Red for my brother for his birthday when the games first came out in America. I got Pokemon blue a month later for Christmas. I loved the games and have been playing them ever since.

The way the series grows a a little bit at a time every time a new generation is released. With a set of new pokemon, new attacks, and new battle mechanics, it's just a fun game to pass time and play with others.

Crobat. Even though the video games are my favorite medium, my reasons for liking Crobat originate in the TCG. Crobat's card in the Neo3 set was the first holographic card I acquired in a regular booster pack, it had the capability to inflict both poison and confusion (a lethal combination in the TCG, but less so in the video games). After I built a deck around him, I decided to raise one in the current video game of the time, Crystal. I was so impressed with his performance that I used one in nearly every non-challenge playthrough of any Pokemon game since.

Ruby/Sapphire. I love Hoenn, the region the games too place in. I love the regional professor, I love the pair of villainous teams, I love the storyline, I love the set of legendary pokemon introduced, and I love the NPCs that reside in Hoenn, especially Steven, Norman, Brawly, and Flannery.

N/A...I've only seen two of the movies, and neither of them are particularly good imo. If I had to choose, it'd be Mewtwo Strikes Back because I was eleven years old and consumed with too much fanboyism to see everything that was wrong with the movie. >_>

Since the games hit America in 1998.

Whenever a new game drops, I'll play it for three to four hours a day on average, but once I beat it or am satisfied with the progress I made in it, I drop it for a while for other games. XD

I'm a male IRL and have the tendency to choose the male characters in the games for my serious playthroughs and the female characters for more challenge-oriented or lulzy playthroughs.

No access t owifi, so no. D:

Not at the moment no. :P

Real name is Thomas/Tommy Black, and my ingame avatar is usually named Teejerr if not their canon default name. :P

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years

I don't exactly remember, but it was back when I was like...6 years old, I was only playing with my Pikaplushie at this time, it was saying "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love youuu !!" xD And then I discovered the games, played pokemon Red version first ;D

Legendaries, and Dark type pokemon. And well, there's also Super Smash Bros Brawl, ya know ? xD
    But yeah, I support Nintendo over Sony, so I play a lot of Nintendo games, and Pokemon is my childhood, I can't really get rid of it that easily ~

Meh...I'd say Absol, Articuno and Umbreon, but yeah, Articuno is my fav of the fav : He's blue, blue is my favorite color, and he controls ice : I love the Ice Beam because it produces light AND I'm a fan of beams xD And I love his meeeeeeeep and his beautiful tail <3

Soul Silver, because it's good enough, graphism talking, and the music revamps are good too ;D And I'm a deep Gold and Silver Version fan, for you can go to Kanto too ~

I could say the third, but I actually have not got a real favorite. All I can say is the First, The Second, The Third. Mainly for the plots, which were original, unlike the new ones (IMOplz xD) and the awesome scores ;o;

It's been ten years now xD

Depends on what I am planning to do, what I have to do, and if I finished the game already or not, but I normally play at least twice a week (me is a busy person T_T)

My real Gender ? I'm keeping it for myself xD
    And I normally choose a boy in the game, except when girls are better ~

Yup, and I'm always open for a Wi-fi match, or trade :D

Yessssplz : Tsutaja...and the others B&W starters...I don't like them. To circular to me :C And ugly too ! I hope the new other pokemon will look better ">>

Not telling mah real name, it's ugly xD
    And the trainer name depends on the version I'm playing, for example, In SS, I choose the boy, so I called him Gold :]

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    My sister got red i got jealous so my mom got me blue and a gbc

All the games i love all the new pokemon

My fav poke is Politoed because i luv its design and Look

Its a tie between Ruby firered and plartinum becasue hoenn is my favoirte region fire red i luv it and platinum has insane replay value
    My fav pokemon movie is the pomkemon 2000 casue i luv lugia
    Ive benn intrested since 1998 so 12 years
    Multiople times a day

Boy boy

Yes who dosent

I am hoping that pokemon will go to atleast 20 gens

Real name Sean Game Name DED

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years

I firstly started the anime when I was about 6, and got into it..

The pokemon games had helped a lot for this purpose, and even the anime.

I like Pikachu, (if anime considered) as it is the main pokemon of the protagonist as well as cute, so it's my fav.

It's FIRE-RED, sure, just because I like it's storyline and all the other things~

I've not seen mush of them, so till now, it's Lucario & the mistry of mew.

I am interested in it since 9 years.

I stopped playing the games recently because of being busy.

My real gender is male and I prefer male in my game also

Nope, I have never used that.

I would just say, POKEMON GOES ALL THE WAY....

My real name is BHARAT and my trainer name in the game keeps on changing, so I can say it's not particular~

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    Before, I used to love a Pikachu plush which said "Pikachuuu! Pikachuuu! Pikachuuu!" when we pressed his stomach. xD But, I don't remember what it has become then...
    Later, games went out so I gave them a try and I loved it. I don't remember exactly what version I played first, but I think it's the Yellow one.

I really loved the design of all Pokemanz and especially the Legendaries. And the "Pokemood" makes me relaxing. I love Pokemon musics and everything else! (Actually, I have a Pikachu bag. XD) I would also enjoy to have my own Pokemon! That would be so great. ;W;
    That's some of the reasons why I keep loving Pokemon!

My fave Pokemon ? Teh eh, it's Umbreon! 'Cause I love Dark types Pokemon! And its design is all simply awesome and amazing! If I got an Eevee (IRL of course ;W;) I would sure make it evolve into Umbreon! Teh, it's also because I love Night !

Well, it's the current version I'm playing : Heart Gold!
    Why ? Because it's really something different from previous versions. We can go in two regions, beat at least 16 Gym Leaders...And there are a lot of events. I know Black & White looks really cool, but the problem with this version is...Well...Pokemons in that version are the problem! I don't like them... >>

Eh, I only watched the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th, and 10th.
    So...Among all of them...I would say the third is my fave! Entei is one of my fave Legendaries, and the story was really touching. And I loooooved the musics too! I never get bored when I watch that movie!

Well...Since I was five years old I guess... >>
    So it would be...Since nine years!

To be honest I am a occasionally player. I play Pokemon when I want to. I have a lot of other interests so...I can't answer correctly this question. :/

My real gender ? Secreeeet~ Ahah! xD
    Well...Otherwise, I generally take male gender in games.

Always! It's really cool to play with other peolpe~
    Especially when we don't know the person we're playing with. xD
    But it's really cool if ya want to play with a friend who is really far from you.

Eh...It's a shame tha Tsutaja and other starters of Black & White are so..Awful!
    But, otherwise...I'll love Pokemon forever and ever. That's all what I have to say. Cx

Ya would guess my gender if I tell ya my real name! So...Secreeet too~ Ah ah ah! xD
    But, I usually use : Gold, Flora, Danny, and I can't remember...But it's irregular so...

Very interesting it was. P:

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2010
    All my friends were trading the very first set of cards that came out. (The ones without moves or anything.) Feeling left out, I got the cards as well, started watching the anime, and got Pokémon Yellow for my GameBoy!

I'm not really sure. The nostalgia of my childhood perhaps.

Hmmmm... So hard to pick one. Alakazam maybe. I also like MewTwo; especially in the anime, before you knew what it eas.

Probably HeartGold or SoulSilver for the improved graphics. Apart from them, possible Yellow, because it was possible to get all three starters.

The first one. Though admittedly, I haven't seen very many of the movies. I need to get round to watching them.

More than 10 years.

A few times per week, but I've been busy at this year.

Male.

Nope.

Undisclosed.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I got into it when I was in either 2nd or 3rd grade and all my friends got into it. In fact, I went to a small school with a total of about 110 students from K-8 grades, and about 90 students liked Pokemon!

I suppose it would be just the fact that I like how the games work. They have never gotten boring to me.

I love Typhlosion. I mainly started liking it when I won Pokemon Silver. Then when I found out it had Eruption as a learn-able move in DPPt, and I used it to pwn the Battle Tower, I officially declared it my favorite. ^__^

Well, Gold and Silver by default, as they spawned Typhlosion. I also loved the day night system and was shocked because that was one thing i always wanted in Red/Blue. I also thorough enjoyed traveling to Kanto. I love nostalgia, so that definitely fed my appetite for that.

Eh, I suppose the first. I'm not really into the anime, but I did enjoy the first movie a bit, especially when they unveiled the (as of then unnamed) Donphan. that was my first clue that Pokemon would keep going.

I have been interested since 2nd or 3rd grade, I think, and I am now 18, so...about 12 years, I think.

Fairly often. After I beat a game, I usually back off a little to play other games, but overall, my brain is in Pokemon mode most of the time. :P

Both of those are Male. I played as a female in Crystal, but that was because I thought it would change the storyline and allow me to catch Unown.. :P Other than that, only male.

I have a little bit, but i am not good enough to win consistently. XD

I just think that it is amazing that such a simple game as Pokemon Red/Blue could grow so massively and that it has kept my attention all these years.

Trainer Name: Konato

Years
  • Hey Everyone.

For a assignment at college we have been told to research a popular media form and find out what got people into it and why they like it.
    I would be so greatful if you could answer these questions.

I remember being 7 years old and being at my friend's house who was a little older than me. I think he was 9 at the time. He was playing the Red version and only being 7, I was never introduced to the RPG genre. But just the style of the map was enough to draw me in for some reason. Got my own gameboy and red version less than a week later and instantly became hooked on it.

I can't really explain what it is. It's just a part of my childhood that has stayed with me all this time. Probably the new mechanics that are introduced as each generation is released. Especially effort values and such. It really does require tons of patience and skill to build an effective team. So yea, probably the challenges that Game Freak always has to offer.

Oh my, probably Charizard. He is a very ferocious looking Pokemon and I like the bad ass look he has.

Without a doubt Gold/Silver. The day/night cycle, I found at the time, was so sick. And breeding was another huge thing that drew me in. But most of all, the surprise that you can visit the Kanto region.

The first one, I only saw the first two movies. At the time, the emotion behind it was pretty strong, well, it still kind of is today.

Thirteen years (going on 14 June 9th!!!!!)

Maybe 5 hours a week? When school is in session, not much at all.

I am a male and I choose male in the game.

Yes, to trade.

Not on Pokemon itself, but on Game Freak. That company has managed to bring in new fans, but hold on to original fan base at the same time. What a remarkable feat.

I'm Eddy and my trainer's name is Ed. (Pokemon Red, Yellow, and Gold I named him Ash LOL)

Thanks a million!
    Would love for as many ppl as pos to do this as I could really do with lots of opinions for the best grade

ty

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It was an early childhood thing, introduced by my cousins, and I stuck with it pretty much ever since.

After I "outgrew" the anime and cards, it was the games, the games, the games.

Lucario, 'cause of his freakin' sweet superpowers and color scheme. Runners-up are Metagross, Absol, Rotom, and Torterra.

Platinum, I think. The difficulty curve is nice, and Giratina's storyline is a nice feature.

Don't really have one, not because I don't like them but because I can't decide which setting I like better.

Since I was a little man. About 6 years old.

It varies, but quite a bit overall.

Male and male.

Nope. No WiFi.

It's one of those games that can keep the interest of a spectrum of age groups. It's really neat to see a ten year old kid beat someone in his mid-twenties in a Pokemon battle. Just one of the perks.

Jacob and Jacob.

Hope I provide a bit of information, good luck, guy(?)!

Years
    The anime, about 1999. I eventually went on to purchase Yellow. I've been a loyal fan ever since.

I love animals, adventure, and competition. Pokemon has a great mix of all these things, so I never jumped off the bandwagon when the fad died out. Game Freak still manages to entertain me with their games by adding new features and elements.

I like them all, I'll use any Pokemon!

4) What is your fave Pokemon Game and Why?
    I love Pokemon Emerald. You faced off against two evil teams, traveled through the beautiful Hoenn regions, got to catch amazing Pokemon, and the game just looked pretty.

Pokemon Ranger Manaphy and the Temple of the Sea (Movie 9). I loved the water theme for some reason. :P

Since 1999, so 11 years.

1-2 hours a day. Eventually I get bored and take about a month's break.

I am a man among men. The same applies for in-game. I'm always a boy in my main game, but I sometimes choose the girl during separate playthroughs.

9) Do you use Pokemon Games on Wi-fi?
    Yes.

Pokemon designs are getting worse. :(

Jadyn AKA Ant Boy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back