• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions for College/Uni Students

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
  • Just a quick survey I've gotta do for stats, if the guys attending uni don't mind filling it in that'd be great...

Current Year:
    Degree:
    Major(s):

How do you travel to Uni?
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish?
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day?
    How does this compare to your friends?
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day?
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?:
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends?
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not?

Do you have an IPod Touch, IPhone or a Smartphone of some description?
    Do you have a Laptop?
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you?

Thanks everyone!

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Current Year:1
    Degree:Pre-Medical&Political science, then going for Medical
    Major(s):Pre-medical, Political science

How do you travel to Uni? Down the Block, so I walk or drive.
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish? 6 AM and 6 PM
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day? 17
    How does this compare to your friends? Same with my best friend
    What is the largest number of consecutive(What? You mean back to back? I don't have back to back breaks) breaks you have throughout any one day? 2
    How does this compare to your friends? Same
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?: We live in the same room.
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends? Same exact classes
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not? Yes.

Do you have an IPod Touch, IPhone or a Smartphone of some description? Unlocked Hero on Virgin(300 minutes and 3g for 25 or so a month), getting an Atrix like next week
    Do you have a Laptop? Nope, I take good ol' fashioned notes, then use my computer in my room for everything, We have 4 computer FFS.
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you? Phone, It types just as fast as a computer. It's a dual core phone, haha, it runs fine.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, a survey won't hurt at all.

Current Year: 3rd
    Degree: Certificate
    Major(s): Information Technology/Graphic Design

How do you travel to Uni? My (new) school is down the street, so I travel by bus to avoid traffic.
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish? 1:30 PM is my start time, 5:30 is my end time.
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day? The largest I've had was 6 hours every Monday-Thursday.
    How does this compare to your friends? My friends had less hours than I did. More like 3-4 hours.
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day? I think I take 3 breaks in my new school now.
    How does this compare to your friends? My friends rarely have breaks these days when they're in school.
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?: Rarely.
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends? once or twice. It's better for us to focus on our classes on our own than slack off with each other.
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not? I try to throughout the day, but it's impossible since my next class takes me 10 minutes to get there. xD

Do you have an IPod Touch, IPhone or a Smartphone of some description? I used to have an iPod Touch. I do have an Android phone.
    Do you have a Laptop? Yes, sir.
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you? Of course. I can't live without them!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Current Year: 3
    Degree: Bachelor of Science
    Major(s): Computer Science

Car
    This semester, 9:00 AM. Out of any semester, 8:00 AM. This semester, 4:15 PM. Any semester, about 9:00 PM.
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day?
    11:00 AM to 4:15 PM, so a little over five hours.
    Most of them have fewer.
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day?
    I don't understand the question. The biggest block of time I have between any two classes is 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, so that's four hours.
    Almost never.
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?
    Almost never.
    Three to four.
    They go to the same places I do, so I don't need to make an effort to do so.
    No, and I never will unless required to by my job.
    Do you have a Laptop?
    Yes.
    Yes.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022

Current Year: 2nd/sophomore
    Degree: bachelors of science
    Major(s): animation + art history

How do you travel to Uni? by car now, but by walking when I transfer
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish? 9am & 9pm
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day? 5 hours
    How does this compare to your friends? more than they're taking
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day? I get a break between my classes
    How does this compare to your friends? more
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?: every start of the term
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends? haha hardly ever. we're different majors, so we don't have the same class/class times. once a week?
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not? I try to, but it's hard right now with jobs/classes/times.

Do you have an IPod Touch, IPhone or a Smartphone of some description? nope
    Do you have a Laptop? yes
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you? no, but I will when I transfer.

Years
    Current Year: 3rd and final year
    Degree: Bachelors of Science
    Major(s): Games Technology

University Bus
    9am start and 5pm finish
    6 Hours
    I have the most hours out of everyone not on my course.
    Uhhhh... 3 hour break
    Can be the same
    Not much, only at the start of the year.
    Not on my course, every so often.
    I do

Blackberry, iPod Touch, HD Headphones so on
    Do you have a Laptop?
    Apple Macbook Pro 15" i5.
    All of them.​

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Current Year: Graduate Student
    Degree: Master of Science
    Major(s): Finance

How do you travel to Uni? By car at the beginning and end of the semester. I live on campus during classes with no car.
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish? 6:30-9:30PM. Our graduate program has almost exclusively night classes
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day? 3.
    How does this compare to your friends? Usually less because I take fewer classes.
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day? I typicaly have only one three hour evening class and am on break for most of the rest of the day.
    How does this compare to your friends? More because I'm taking fewer classes.
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?: Never
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends? Twice
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not? Yes, usually for club/activity meetings, but also for meals on occasion

Do you have an IPod Touch, IPhone or a Smartphone of some description? No
    Do you have a Laptop? Yes
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you? Yes

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Current Year: Technically a sophomore, but I've been in and out of college for six years now.
    Degree: Masters of Science
    Major(s): Civil Engineering with a minor in Architecture

How do you travel to Uni? Car
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish? 7:50 am and 12:30 pm
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day? 5-ish
    How does this compare to your friends? Don't have friends
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day? three or so
    How does this compare to your friends? see above
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?: What part of "I don't care for friends" don't you understand?
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends? I like cheese
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not? banana

Do you have an IPod Touch, IPhone or a Smartphone of some description? nope
    Do you have a Laptop? I'm using it now
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you? nope. I prefer traditional old pencil and paper.

Years
    Current Year: 1st year
    Degree: Bachelor of Journalism
    Major(s): Journalism studies, Japanese

I catch the train and bus/drive to the train station (in a month I have my driver's license)
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish? 9.00am and 4.00pm (used to be 6.00pm but I switched some stuff around). If you include travel it's 7.00am and 6.00pm.
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day? 3 hours
    How does this compare to your friends? About the same as most, not as much as those doing science degrees though.
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day? 3 hours from 11.00am to 2.00pm on Thursdays.
    How does this compare to your friends? I've got a friend who has a class at 9.00am-10.00am and then again at 5.00pm-6.00pm and can't change it. But around average among friends.
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?: Just over Facebook or whatever - at the start of semester a few times. Don't really know anyone at my uni though.
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends? You mean at uni? 0, I don't know anybody at uni yet, I started last week.
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not? Well for future reference, yeah I would. If we both have no classes then it's a great idea.

No.
    Do you have a Laptop? 15" Macbook Pro
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you? I take the laptop with me in order to take notes and research etc.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    Current Year: 1st
    Degree: Associate of Science
    Major(s): Mathematics (it's temporary, I'm thinking about changing it)

I drive myself.
    8:30am on Tues/Thurs is my earliest - 3:50pm on Tues/Thurs is my latest
    4hr 20min according to my schedule but we always get out earlier so about 3hr
    Most of them are taking about the same amount of hours as me this semester.
    12:50pm-2:30pm I have a lunch break but like above, I get out early so it is about 11:50pm-2:30pm
    I'm not sure about their time off.
    Usually only near the beginning of the semester.
    I only do it about once every week.
    I only try to if there's actually something we need to do together for a class.
    No, just an old model cell phone.
    Do you have a Laptop?
    Yes.
    I use my laptop to take notes only in Government because that's not really possible in a math or chemistry course.

Last edited:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years

Current Year: Freshman
    Degree: Degree in Sports Management (so unsure about that)
    Major(s): Sports Management

How do you travel to Uni?: I get dropped off right now, at least until I get my license but it won't be until next college year.
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish?: I go from 8 am to 10 am Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I go from 8 am to 11 am Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day?: The largest is 1 hour 15 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    How does this compare to your friends?: I don't really see my friends that often.
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day?: I don't have a break because I leave really early.
    How does this compare to your friends?: I don't see my friends that often.
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends?: I barely even see them.
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends?: I barely even see them.
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not?: I barely see my friends because I'm not at college for that long and they're in different parts of the campus.

Do you have an IPod Touch, IPhone or a Smartphone of some description?: No.
    Do you have a Laptop?: I have my sister's old (and really slow) laptop.
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you?: It's really slow and won't help me at college, so no.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Current Year: 1st
    Degree: Bachelor of Communications
    Major(s): Writing Arts (Dance Minor!)

How do you travel to Uni? I live on campus
    What is the earliest time you start, and the latest time you finish? My earliest class begins at 9:30 and my latest ends at 9 at night (aka Wednesdays @.@)
    What is the largest number of consecutive hours of classes you have throughout any one day? None this semester, but last semester I had 4 and half consecutive hours.
    How does this compare to your friends? I dunno
    What is the largest number of consecutive breaks you have throughout any one day? Two breaks.
    How does this compare to your friends? *shrug*
    How often do you compare timetables with your friends? Only with my roommate.
    How many times within a day would you, on average, meet up with your friends? Usually at least once.
    Do you typically try and see friends throughout the day? If not, why not? Yes

I have an iPod
    Do you have a Laptop? Yes.
    Do you take either of said devices to Uni with you? I live on my laptop. My teachers email me and post assignment online daily.

Unfortunately I could not post this in pink because it was blinding :x

Back