• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions for PokeRed Disassemble

Capt.Robvious

That One Guy
Years
  • Hello there. (In Kenobi voice)

I have been working on a PokeRed Disassembly for quite sometime now. I had a thought and I figured I would ask some questions and see if anyone could possible help me. I have figured out how to download, edit and build the Disassembly just for an FYI. I played Pokémon Red++ and that gave me some ideas to add to my Disassembly.

My questions are these:
    1. Can you add moves into the script? Will it mess up any of the build when I go to build it?
    2. Can I add in new moves or only modify current ones?
    3. How difficult is it to add in new Pokémon?
    4. If you can add new/more Pokémon, can someone point in a the right direction of how to do so with the sprites and what not?

These are the questions I have for now. If I think of anything else, I will probably ask them. Any response is greatly appreciated, even if its to point me in some kind of direction.

Capt.Robvious

That One Guy
    Years
  • i've not used pokered myself so i can't help directly but the pokered wiki has tutorials for adding new moves and pokemon: https://github.com/pret/pokered/wiki check that out and see how you get on!
    Thank you very much for the reply! I did find that wiki really useful. Seems like I am really going to have to take some time to get things right. Again, I really appreciate the help!

Back