• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Questions! Help.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    I have 2 questions:

#1. I am using VBA (Visual Boy Advance) emulator to play my LF Rom. The in game save doesn't work. (In game save is the save you use in the game, not the emulator.)

When I first used it, there was a SAV file but the file did not show up when I want to continue my game.

I downloaded a new Rom of the game because I figured that problem occurs because of that Rom, but with my new Rom, no SAV file shows up aty all!

I am wondering if any of you know why that happens or how to fix it. I need to know this because even I can't use the in game save, I can't access Mystery Islands 4 - 7 after I beat the Elite 4. If there is a way around that, please tell me too.

#2. How do you use cheats in VBA?

Thanks.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • 1) Change the save type to Flash 128k. (Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Check Flash 128k
    2) Cheats -> Cheat List
    3) This should be in Emulatior discussion, but it would be locked there since there is a stickied thread on it there so I'll just be nice and leave this here until you solve the problem.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    I got the cheat problem solved, but still can't save. There's the SAV file, but can't access it in the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Options>Emulator>Save Type> Automatic and Flash 64k.

That's the setting that works for me. Then to actually save the game...
    File>Save Game
    Or just press Shift+F1-10.

Years
  • how do i delete the previous save file because i have the same problem i cant use the in game save and i already tried both the 64 k n 128 k plz help me

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Just go to the folder with your ROM file and delete the SAV file. It worked for me!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2009
    What ya do is see, you go to file, and there will be things saying: Open, open gameboy,save,load. Then there will be this thing called save game and load game and when you go to one of them, a whole line of slots should appear, therefore to save your game you go to save game, slot one or press shift+f1 and you will have saved you game, then when you want to load that game, go to load game, slot one and click on it and it will go straight to where you were when you last saved.

Back