• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Attack Theme Team

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Kabutops @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Stone Edge
    -Aqua Jet
    -Waterfall
    -X Scissor

Fairly certain that it works. May try Rain Dance.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    EVs: 128 HP, 252 Attack, 128 Speed
    -Meteor Mash
    -Thunder Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Bullet Punch

Eh.

Gallade @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Attack, 156 HP, 100 Speed
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Psycho Cut

Shadow Sneak is actually pretty effective after a Swords Dance. Not too sure on the EVs though.

Swellow @ Choice Band
    -Quick Attack
    -Brave Bird
    -U Turn
    -Return

This is pretty much my line of defense against the likes of WoW users.

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly
    -Ice Shard
    -Ice Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Brick Break

Physical Sweeper. As if almost every other Pokemon on the team isn't. Considering Mamoswine though.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed
    -Mach Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Rapid Spin

Eh, figured I'd at least try for a Rapid-Spinner somewhere. This is as close as I'll get to a defensive Pokemon on the team. What with some fairly good Defenses and Intimidate. Donphan might work, but I figured I'd try something different.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Kabutops @ Focus Sash
    -Stone Edge
    -Aqua Jet
    -Waterfall
    -X Scissor

Fairly certain that it works. May try Rain Dance.

What is the point of sash on this set, out of curiousity?

Metagross @ Choice Band
    EVs: 128 HP, 252 Attack, 128 Speed
    -Meteor Mash
    -Thunder Punch / Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Bullet Punch / Explosion

Good.

Eh.

Gallade @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Attack, 156 HP, 100 Speed
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Psycho Cut

Shadow Sneak is actually pretty effective after a Swords Dance. Not too sure on the EVs though.

I prefer double status...I don't know, I'm not really sure if would work or not, so no comment.

Swellow @ Choice Band
    -Quick Attack
    -Brave Bird
    -U Turn
    -Return

This is pretty much my line of defense against the likes of WoW users.

So it's your status absorber. Um, it's fine.

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly
    -Ice Shard
    -Ice Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Brick Break

Physical Sweeper. As if every other Pokemon on the team isn't. Considering Mamoswine though.

That's a lot of CBers you've got there!

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed
    -Mach Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Rapid Spin

Eh, figured I'd at least try for a Rapid-Spinner somewhere. This is as close as I'll get to a defensive Pokemon on the team. What with some fairly good Defenses and Intimidate. Donphan might work, but I figured I'd try something different.

You'll want to put pursuit on weavile and that way you can kill gengar, as it will want to block your spin attempts.

Any suggestions?

I'd put in magnezone as skarm will surely ruin your fun. Once that is down you'd be in much better shape.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • well done. you managed to label just one of them as a physical sweeper. i wish i could reach that level of ignorance upon command.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    What is the point of sash on this set, out of curiousity?

I noticed that Kabutops got OHKO'd fairly often. It works out.

I'd put in magnezone as skarm will surely ruin your fun. Once that is down you'd be in much better shape.

I think I may have forgotten to mention, this team's theme is to have Pokemon that have attacks that go first.

well done. you managed to label just one of them as a physical sweeper. i wish i could reach that level of ignorance upon command.

Physical Sweeper. As if almost every other Pokemon on the team isn't. Considering Mamoswine though.

Fascinating how well people can read.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I noticed that Kabutops got OHKO'd fairly often. It works out.

I think I may have forgotten to mention, this team's theme is to have Pokemon that have attacks that go first.

Um, skarm just switches in on you and you're toast. BTW, one of the best CBers is flygon, just to point that out...but seriously, you need a SOLID skarm counter. Some of your pokemon overlap a lot, replace one of them and add that counter.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i read that. the ignorance i was referring to is the ability to be aware of it and not act on it.

why bother making a thread if you know what responses you'll get? really, i see no motive behind that. it's just like making a tree house and putting it in a pool (true story btw).

anywho, if you're really serious about this, try a mixed lucario with aura sphere. EDIT: XD vacuum wave i mean. sure aura sphere too.

Last edited:

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
  • I'd put in magnezone as skarm will surely ruin your fun. Once that is down you'd be in much better shape.

Magnezone is a great idea. I'd suggest another pokemon to be able to take on Skarmory just in case. Beware of Shed Shell tho.

If you're into priority moves, Infernape could be a nice addition to your team as a mixed sweeper with Mach Punch. Flamethrower means another pokemon able to take on Skarmory.

On Choice Band Weavile, please use Pursuit. It makes an awesome revenge killer.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • it's just like making a tree house and putting it in a pool (true story btw).

True story? Oh my.

CB teams can work decently well, but you pretty much need something like magneton to destroy skarm and the other common physical walls, otherwsie you won't accomplish anything.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • You'd definitely need some more stable walls. Metagross can't wall the best. Bullet Punch is a Steel type move, so it will be offering minimal coverage along with a somewhat minimal power. And Choice Banding him pretty much traps it. I'd go with AgilGross. Its by far more effective.

Weavile doesn't do so well with Ice Shard for numerous reasons. It has a good enough Speed Stat so 90% of the time it will strike first, only Ninjask, Jolteon, Crobat, and Deoxys [SPEED] standing in its way. And you'll never encounter a Deoxys anyhow. So there are really minimal chances for Ice Shard to be useful. As with Swellow, same thing mentioned above. Its Speed stat is almost too high for Quick Attack to be effective.

Overall, you DEFINITELY need walls.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • You'd definitely need some more stable walls. Metagross can't wall the best. Bullet Punch is a Steel type move, so it will be offering minimal coverage along with a somewhat minimal power. And Choice Banding him pretty much traps it. I'd go with AgilGross. Its by far more effective.

You realize how much power agiligross has lost? CBgross is 3x better, and that's being nice. The point of CB bullet punch is for the annoying dugtrio pest that might pop up, stuff like that. CBers don't really need coverage so much as just a good array of moves that can hit common switch-ins.

Weavile doesn't do so well with Ice Shard for numerous reasons. It has a good enough Speed Stat so 90% of the time it will strike first, only Ninjask, Jolteon, Crobat, and Deoxys [SPEED] standing in its way. And you'll never encounter a Deoxys anyhow. So there are really minimal chances for Ice Shard to be useful. As with Swellow, same thing mentioned above. Its Speed stat is almost too high for Quick Attack to be effective.

The item "Choice Scarf" comes to mind ;)

Overall, you DEFINITELY need walls.

Metagross actually IS a wall, and a very good one at that. But I would agree the team needs more than just hitmontop and Gross.

But seriously, agiligross is horribly overrated and CBgross can take most any pokemon with it to its death bed. Win.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
  • I also noticed you only have 1 pokemon with Earthquake, which is Metagross. Try a pokemon with STAB Earthquake. Mamoswine would actually do better than Weavile in this. Otherwise, Jirachi may become a problem.

Azonic: Choice Scarf Garchomp eats Ice Shard from CB Mamoswine and dies. Besides, with that many CBers in one team, his opponent will take advantage to stat up on the switch. Dragon Dance Salamence comes to mind, and again we have Mamoswine to solve our problem.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Dodrio may have lost power in 4th Gen, but still, she works. Just run Choice band with Quick Attack / Pursuit / Drill Peckor Brave Bird / Steel Wing. Too bad she lost a Physical HP [Ground].

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Dodrio does way better then Swellow will ever do, actually. IMO.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Dodrio does way better then Swellow will ever do, actually. IMO.

Could you maybe start posting some facts behind all of these claims?

Here's the way I see it: Dodrio can CB like none other normal/flyer out there. It has amazing attack that doesn't require guts and STABed drill peck and double-edge REALLY hurt. It can CB very well.

Swellow is probably better though. It is much faster and gets CB power with toxic orb. IT can sweep, sweep, and SWEEP through teams unprepared or if skarm has been destroyed. The speed it what IMO puts it over dodrio. Do-do also lost its STAB tri attack this gen which hurts it.

Back