• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Quick or Slow Battle

Quick or Slow Battle

• Quick Battle

Votes: 65 86.7%
  • Slow Battle

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Do you defeat the enemy quickly with strong attacks, or do you take it slowly and lower their defense, and put them to sleep, etc?

--

I take them down quickly, so they have less chance to attack me :D

Years
  • If i'm using a more attack/sp.attack based pokemon then the first but if it's a more defense oriented pokemon then i'll toxic them and keep using recover moves when my hp is low.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yes, the main idea of the teams I create is to defeat the opponent as qickly as possible to ensure that massive threats won't be able to set them selves up to strike us.. So I am more of an attacker than a defender.
    Although I do have a gengar which puts enemy's to sleep with hypnosis.
    I use only Hypnosis when a Big threat occurs.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I presume this is about in-game teams. Usually I guess I go with quick on easy battles and slow on bosses.

MarioRocks08

No Longer Using This Account
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Quick and Painless. LOL. If it's going to be a little longer, then I use stat reducing moves.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    You would think most people prefer quick battles but stall is on the rise.

Years
  • I like to take it slow and methodical when using types like Ghost, Grass and Poison like putting them to sleep then using Dream Eater, basically the types that have status effecting moves that are fun to play with but when using types like Fire, Electric and Water I just like to do a quick clean sweep with a strong move like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Like almost everyone else who had posted before me, I prefer quick battles than the slower ones because of the lesser damages and casualties.

However, if I'm ever going to face stronger Pokemons, all I could do is stall it with stat-reducing moves and Hypnosis.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Always fast. I'm usually completely offensive. Almost all of my favorite Pokemon are fast with powerful attacks.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • For in-game teams, I prefer strong attacks to finish the battle quickly. I figure stall teams don't work as well because the bosses tend to pack Full Restores to undo all that hard work. However, I'm starting to gravitate toward wall and stall strategies for Pokemon that I train for the Battle Frontier or online Wi-Fi.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Occasionally I'll set up on my opponent when I really need to. Like earlier, I started a new game on Pearl, and my Budew was up against a Bug Catcher. Knowing I was at a full disadvantage, I Stun Spored their lead and maxed out my Growth attack. :D

millie_kitten

the walrus sings at midnight..
    Years
  • Slow Battles

I say Slow Battles, because I don't like Quick Battles. With Quick Battles, well, I like the satisfaction at easily beating someone or some Pokemon, but with Slow Battles, you can work on your move combos and efficiently defeating tough trainers. You gain more experience for yourself as well as your Pokemon, and when you're facing a 100-level Pokemon Trainer, I think that if you battle Slowly, you'll have a higher chance of defeating the high-leveled trainer, than if you're usd to a quick and easy battle.

That's my philosphy on things. xD

pianomap

Beginner psychist
    Years
  • Fast battles it is.
    It is maybe because I get more joy from finishing something than doing something.
    Strange. Haha.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • For in-game teams, I prefer strong attacks to finish the battle quickly. I figure stall teams don't work as well because the bosses tend to pack Full Restores to undo all that hard work. However, I'm starting to gravitate toward wall and stall strategies for Pokemon that I train for the Battle Frontier or online Wi-Fi.

That's just the reason to slow battle them. Putting them to sleep and charging up your attack power so that you 1-hit them stops that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    I tend to like fast battles but I will sometimes wall and stall opponents for fun. (Especally people on pbr.) Most of the time strong attacks my me feel warm and happy. I guess it is just the enjoyment of 1 shotting things before they have a chance.

Back