• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Quick or Slow Battle

Quick or Slow Battle

• Quick Battle

Votes: 65 86.7%
  • Slow Battle

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I hit with all i got. Boom, usually 1 hit K.O.

Years
  • Honestly, I'm more of a slow battler. I'm the person who starts with an umbreon, spams curse for like 5 turns, then uses baton pass. Usually put in a swampert or a dragonite and destroy. <3 +1 for slow.

(Slow's better anyways, if you get my drift).

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm a fast battler. Recently in competitive battling, I use a Ninjask with Swords Dance and Protect. When I've SD'd enough and Speed Boosted enough, I Baton Pass into a Salamence and attempt to wipe the opponent. It hasn't worked as well as I hoped, though...

Years
    • ?
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    I like to play with Balanced teams, which means sometimes battles ends quickly, and sometimes they do not. However, I do prefer slower battles, with lots of Spiking and Shuffling.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I go at it quickly. The faster the battle, the better. I hardly ever keep anything but attack moves later on XD; I find most of them pointless, when I can just attack and win. Unless the non attack move is awesome, when an attack move comes along, it is out the door.

Maco

learning the ropes...
    Years
  • I never had the patience for a slow battle against the in-game trainers.
    Although in a human vs human battle I would definitely use walls, substitutes, shufflers, etc

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    In-Game, I just attack them down.
    but for Wi-Fi, lower their defences

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im more of a strike hard fast type of trainer! Trying to cause as much damage as possible!

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Well, i love battles that take time. You get a real feel and, for instance the champion, you get such a nice feeling when you have won the battle.

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
  • In-game? Quick Battle, always. There needs to be no strategy involved in-game. Hit 'em hard and well, and they'll go down.

Competitive Battling, though, is another issue. Then I will resort to strategy, perhaps delaying the battle a bit to further an advantage.

Back